PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

Daghda
06-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Hello all,

I was just wondering, is DCT3/DCT4 the standard for all fones or just nokia's?
If it is the standard for all fones, could i use a program like "DCT4 Calc by Cybergsm 2" to unlock a siemens for example?
How is benjaminok giving out unlock codes for DCT3?(thanks a million for that benjaminok by the way,appreciated lots).
i thought there wasnt any software out there(not available to us anyway!) to calculate DCT3 codes?
Is he using some kind of standalone calculator? if so,surely it's possible to rip the unlock program off it??

Thanks for ur time,
Fionn

Yotamz
06-11-2003, 11:37 PM
DCT3/DCT4 are only nokias. you can't use a code calculated for nokia in any other phone. also, the pattern is different, nokia uses #pw+(15 digits)+x#, but other models may use other codes.

you can calculate dct3 codes, but only with the siemens clip (it is used to unlock siemens phones directly, but there is an option added to it so it can calc nokia dct3 codes).

the process of getting the algorythm out of the clip and making a program is not that easy, and not everyone can do it, but it is possible, we've seen it in the dct4 calculator. first it required a dongle to work, then someone managed to crack that dongle and take the algo out of it - and make a free program...
i'm sure that dct3 calc will be available for free.. we just have to wait for it to come :)

Daghda
07-11-2003, 12:01 AM
how do u use the siemens clip to calculate it(i mean does it have an output screen dat shows the code)?
wats the name of such a clip?

is a dongle just a unlock clip?

do you know how people create the algorythms to come up with the codes?
is there any programs outthere that generate unlock codes for siemens,sony,etc(preferably free!)?

thanks

gulastugan
16-12-2003, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty interested in the answers to all those questions. Doesn't anyone know?
:-?

Yotamz
16-12-2003, 02:25 PM
guess i missed this post...

how do u use the siemens clip to calculate it(i mean does it have an output screen dat shows the code)?
clips might have a screen that shows the code, but in with the siemens clip it's a software that shows the codes. you connect the clip to the com posrt of your computer, and use a software to calc the codes. the software will use the clip to calc, but it will show you the codes on the screen.

wats the name of such a clip?
don't remember it's exact name, but if you look in the "remote unlocking faq" in top of this section, you'll find a site where you can buy the clip, its name will be there for sure.

is a dongle just a unlock clip?
no, dongles are used for many years to protect software (not necessarily software for cell phones). in this case, the siemens clip is used to protect the calculator software, as it can't work without it since it contains the algoryhtm.

do you know how people create the algorythms to come up with the codes?
the manufacturers of the phones are the ones that make the algorythm, they put it in the phones' firmware, so it will check the codes entered to know if they are correct, and they also create a software (possibly dongle-protected) for the providers to calculate codes for their costumers. many times the information/software/dongle is leaked out (by insiders for example), and people use it to create dongles or free calculator software.

is there any programs outthere that generate unlock codes for siemens,sony,etc(preferably free!)?
is there a software? probably yes.
free software? probably no.
most of the manufacturers want to make an option for remote unlocking, and so they have to create calculators. however, it takes time untill these algorythms get to "regular" users, and a lot more time untill there are dongle-free versions.

hope this answered your questions :smile:

v0lrath
16-12-2003, 04:53 PM
The smartdct4calc have add-on to some fones like samsung, alcatel...

Alinus
16-12-2003, 08:28 PM
The smartdct4calc have add-on to some fones like samsung, alcatel...

the day when that calculator will support alcatel is far away...

also seems that some things are changed in new dct 4 algorithm...

maybe is time for professionals to get back in buissnes again.

polarbear
16-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Is the Siemens clip good for unlocking all cell's or just Nokias that have a certain algorithm then?

manchildbb
16-12-2003, 09:58 PM
I think it is only good for Nokias as they added that functionality to the Siemens chip for their own reasons.

polarbear
16-12-2003, 10:03 PM
How come it's called a Siemens clip? Does it have a Siemens chip on it? Is the whole thing Nokia approved in any way or is the clip a "hack" itself?