PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Daghda
06-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Hello all,

I was reading a thread and was just wondering, wat will happen if two phone have the same IMEI number on the same network at the same time?
its not possible to share a mobile number this way is it(sims would hav to be the same number?)?

I was also wondering, does flashing phones fix alot problems? iv read that alot of problems like the phone turning off by itself,losing coverage,etc. can by fixed by reflashing the phones.is this true?

if so,wat r the most common type off problems fixed by reflashing?

does a flash cable do everything a data cable does but more?(do they connect into the same connector on the phone?flashers use the parallel port dont they?i know you can get data cables that are serial connections.)

One last question!
i know a bit of assembly programming langauge,this doesnt mean i could play around with the phones code does it?
i think i hav to know the specific processors instructions used in the fone dont i?
how are the programs available on the net for flashing coded?

i know iv alot of questions,any answers are appreciated

Thanks

lothos
06-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Two phones can have the same IMEI, not a problem. Cannot use two of the same exact sims, the phone will be shut off.

Flashing is upgrading your phone's firmware. New firmwares can fix bugs/problems, give you better reception, etc.

A flash cable is used to flash the phone's firmware. A data cable will unlock dct3 phones, it will upload ringtones, pictures, etc.

I haven't programmed phones yet so I can't answer your last question.

Daghda
06-11-2003, 11:16 PM
will a flash cable unlock fones aswell?

can you write your own small programs for fones if you know how eg,add an extra menu option for something)?