PDA

View Full Version : Contact Service

robert1721ph
09-08-2002, 03:51 AM
Hello, I want to ask about contact service.

Why phone having contact service? Is that in hardware fault or software?

What are the procedure to remove contact service?

Manipulator
09-08-2002, 04:15 AM
contact service is mostly software problem, update/re-flash your phone with working flash file.

robert1721ph
09-08-2002, 04:50 AM
I already used rolis to re-calculate my phone still it display contact service...

is there other option to remove contact service?
what software should I use?

Please help thanks a lot

Phillipus
09-08-2002, 06:32 AM
try using eeprom tools by b-phreaks

Harry Zhily
09-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Try this...

Flash it.... With Full flash File with lower version used Rollis 477 ... then calculated faid used EEproM tool 31 by Phreaks, if you want you can flash it back with new version.. (Mcu+PPm) then calculate again...

Woaaala... this should be worked....

Good Luck PaL...
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

keyzer
09-08-2002, 12:05 PM
there are 2 types of contact service. The first is when you switch on mobile it comes on fine then after few seconds switches off then reads contact service, this you can get rid of by upgrading/downgrading software. The second is when you switch on mobile it reads contact service straight away, this you need to use flux and hot blow the cobba, then upgrade/downgrade software. This works for me everytime.

good luck.

mycomms
09-08-2002, 01:51 PM
@keyzer

you are right !!! Flux & Reflow...

but theres another situation...which is ... to replace a new COBBA..if the blowjob doesn't works..hehehe...

when the new COBBA is replaced...and when u see "SIM CARD NOT ACCEPTED"....that means u are successful replacing the COBBA....then go to Rolis NokTool 1.8 and do update on FAID, and clear the SP locks...may need to change the IMEI no. back to the original one.

if not...u see CONTACT SERVICE....and meaning that the COBBA is faulty or misplaced. Well...then u will have to try another one....but becareful of the 64 contact points...if u happen to rip off one of them...u may need to bury ur phone. <i have tried ripping b4...)hahaha.. And sorry for my engrish... ;) :D :D :D :D :D

keyzer
09-08-2002, 02:41 PM
we have not attempted to replace cobba as we find very difficult, what eqipment do you use to take off and replace cobba? we have blower but find hard to get contacts to sit good.

thanks in advance:cool:

mycomms
09-08-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by keyzer
we have not attempted to replace cobba as we find very difficult, what eqipment do you use to take off and replace cobba? we have blower but find hard to get contacts to sit good.

thanks in advance:cool:

@keyzer

at 1st , i find it very difficult to replace the CCONTS, COBBA, CHAPS, but after a few tries (few weeks training)...i managed to change and replace this chips perfectly.

ok...the things u must have is...a good SMD hot air blower...good type of FLUX...good soldering iron....and a pair of anti-static tweezers...and most important thing is...u MUST NOT handle the COBBA or other chips with your BARE HANDS. They are very sensative to statics. Use anti-static tweezers to handle them. and place them on some cloth or some wood...not directly onto the table or anywhere. And its also not advisable to use chips taken out from other PCB...cos it might not work and eventually waste ya time in the end.

1st place some flux around the 4 sides of the COBBA. Use a hot air blower to heat it until the COBBA really HOT (u can try to test the CHIP whether is it ready to remove.. by using the tweezers)

After removing the HOT CHIP....you will see approximately 64 contact points...if i am not wrong. place some flux on the Contacts points...and use your soldering iron to remove the excess lead...always remember to dip with some flux before removing the access leads. (important : your soldering iron must not be too hot...otherwise u'll rip off the contact points when removing the excess leads.)

place a drop of flux onto the area of contact points...and gently heat it with the hot air blower...until u see the points are even and rounded.

After that...by using IPA solution or light thinner...clean the contact surface with a cotton bud.

Then place a drop or 2 ..flux onto the area which u want to replace the new CHIP....then pick up the chip with the tweezers...gently place the chip onto the pcb which has guide lines on the bottom left corner and the top right hand corner. Need not to be exactly at the position of the guide lines, but just adjust it accordingly. Then u hold the blower, minimise the air flow to the smallest...hold it over the chip heat it approximately 30 seconds to a minute...the chip will adjust itself to the right position if u had place enuff flux in the 1st place. Then after heating for around 1 min 30 secs...if the position of the chip is accurate and correct....u can wait for it to cool down b4 u pwr on and try... remember not to move or touch the PCB immediately after fixing the new chip on to the PCB. otherwise the chip will slightly move which naked eyes cannot see.

i hope u can understand what i said. if not u can PM me...i will call u and explain to u thoroughly. cheers !

:rolleyes: ;) ;)

PS : please practice on some DEAD, USED PHONES b4 doing the real one...remember practise makes perfect!

mycomms
09-08-2002, 03:44 PM
hm...its quite difficult too explain the overall job in typing....its better to see it than to read it.

robert1721ph
10-08-2002, 03:01 AM
actually im new in cellphone repair, i dont have any background of it. but my friend teach a little basic, like changing led, flashing files, acetate, logo. etc.. even him he's new in cellphone.

We repair contact service already mostly 3210. What we do is just re-calculate the phone by rolis then wolaaa!!! it works again, but by this time i have 2 3210 have contact service that cant fix by rolis.

I search in forum and mostly used wintesla to know ur problem, i have that also but unfortunately dont know how to use.

I downgrade the version one of my 3210 contact service, and now its working but unstable, few mintues said contact service, then restart itself then ask for security code, then work again.

I didnt yet reheat the phone bec im hoping that i can fix it in software.

I want to ask, why it always in cobba chip, i think that is audio codec ic. why is it there?

I have some gadget like hot-air, soldering iron, flux, and tweezer. but some tech here said its hard to remove bec it has vga ball not sure.

I hope there is one website for hardware tutorial... :)

Thanks a lot, bro!!!

danverdejo
11-08-2002, 10:49 PM
to: robert1721ph

Thanks to mycomms,

Very interesting topic and very useful I tried it already as you explained and the beginning its really hard as additional suggestion is better to have a reballing kit if really want to learn how to remove and to mount a ccont,haggar,cobba,chaps,etc..

thanks guys..
dan

ibyn
26-09-2002, 04:17 AM
You dont happen to be residing in Sta. Rosa, Laguna are, do you?

slikmik
27-09-2002, 12:13 PM
Ive read:

Shows contact service after sim not accepted = Bad MCU/PPM Checksums

Shows Contact Service straight away = Bad MCU/PPM or mostly EEPROM

//============

Just because it displays it straight away DOES NOT MEAN it should be diagnosed as hardware fault immediately.

After doing mods to flashes in my early days i often had immediate Contact Service and it was simply software

Mike

danverdejo
27-09-2002, 03:03 PM
re: contact service

I think everybody have there own experiences about contact service and what they are posting here is what happen to them.

for me, it happen to my 6210,, when you turn on.. it shown "contact service"--- 1st i reflow the cobba, still same, for experimental porposes only I replace cobba, then it shown "simcard not accepted" lastly I use only Eeprom tools by B-phreaks V3.1 by 1: update - 2: set default sp lock 3: repair IMEI, then everything is fine.

if still not working, you press the button " test" it shown if what problem is.

(this base on my experience thru.. what i read also on the forum) which fine on me, i do it many times.

danverdejo

danverdejo
27-09-2002, 03:13 PM
to: Slickmik

====You are right===

danverdejo