PDA

View Full Version : plz can any1 help :(

W3zZa!
10-11-2003, 09:38 PM
i lost my new 7210 so i tured it off .... only to find it week later under the birds bed.. do u no anyway of changin my IMEI number so it will work again :'( ?? plz get back to me

W3z^ out

(*Dissapointed*) :(

Thanh
11-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Hello :)

It is almost impossible to chsange the IMEI number, apart from the act that it is considered illegal in many countries. The IMEI sits in a chip (UEM) which is only once programmable. To change the IMEI you will have to replace that chip, flash the phone and use some special software to program the (new, "virgin") UEM chip. That all will cost you more than buying a new phone.......

What you can do is either unblock it (call provider, say that you got it back...) or, if that is not possible, you may find someone in another country who got a phone of the same type which is blocked in THAT country, and he/she might swap phones with you. The block is active normally only in one country, so if you are in UK, for example, your phone might work in France.

I hope i could help with that.....

Kind regards...
Thanh

W3zZa!
11-11-2003, 08:44 PM
ow ok :( well i dunno if parent let me send to another country cause maybe they think i wont recive 1 back :(....

W3z^

anton1
12-11-2003, 05:18 AM
How did you "turn it off" when you had lost it? I assume you called up your phone company and told them to de-activate. All you have to do is call them up again and tell them to reactivate it.

Thanh
12-11-2003, 05:30 AM
@w3zza

Hello :)
How come your parents don't allow you to do that? Did you receive a free replacement phone from the company..? If so, then you got two now, right? And one of them is totally useless, because it is reported lost/stolen and thus blocked. Well, you may throw it in the bin, cannibalize it for spare parts or send it to another country. In any case it will be lost, except - someone in the other country sends one back which will work in your country :)

OR if you did NOT receive a free replacement, it means you got only ONE phone now, which is blocked and thus useless. Well, you certainly got your receipt for it (proof of purchase)? Go to the provider, show 'em the phone and the receipt, and within minutes it should be unblocked and usefull again. Everyone can lose a phone and eventually find it again, so they are prepared not only to block, but also unblock such phone.

Good luck!

your Thanh

W3zZa!
12-11-2003, 07:35 PM
i mean they wont let me sendf to another country cause they wouldent be sure if i get 1 bak :( ....

im in uk so maybe i can try perswade them if any1 will swap ?? i got the 7210 :S ill have to perswade them tho

7250i_user
13-11-2003, 02:49 AM
no-one will want it only for spare parts... but i bet thanh could make use of it :)

send it :P

u agree thanh ?

Thanh
13-11-2003, 04:54 AM
Hi there :)

I sure could... i miss my 6610! And the 7210 is not sooo different......

@ W3zza

Please share with us, HOW did you "block" the phone, and - did you get a replacement phone or not???

You won't need to risk any swap if you eventually can unblock it via your provider (if you did NOT receive a replacement!). But since you did never answer that question, i begin suspecting that this is a case of "found a phone" without actually losing one........

If that phone is indeed yours, you have the proof of purchase. Take that and the phone, go to your provider (T-Mobile or whoever), show them phone and proof of purchase, and they will unblock it for you. That should be free.

If you did receive a free replacement phone, well, use that one and do with the "lost and found" one whatever you like. I recommend, if you don't want to swap, just send it to me, i would have use for it (can that be converted to CDMA..?) or use it as a decoration in a fish tank.

Just tell your parents that the phone is useless and even THEY can not use it, they may as well throw it in the bin. They should let you send it somewhere, if it's gone, well, it's no loss, right? Useless phone or NO phone does not make much difference. And there is always a chance that you get one back, i know people in Australia with barred 7210's or Sweden or South Africa. Their phone will work in UK, your phone will work there. Classic win-win situation.

Kind regards....
your Thanh

W3zZa!
13-11-2003, 09:22 PM
well sorry :( dunno then thx anyway

Thanh
14-11-2003, 04:48 AM
@W3zza

I try to help you. But not only don't you give any information, you also block people from helping you. Did you reaslly lose your phone? Did you just find? Or... did you "find" one that nobody has lost???? It looks so........

Can't help then. I hate crime.

Thanh

7250i_user
14-11-2003, 06:18 AM
yes sure looks that way....

cuz if u reported to SP then they would give u a new phone so no need to cry...

if u found it then it wasn't your in beginning so u lost nothing... so no need to cry

but if u went through hard work to steal it and find that its blocked then this s why u cry

THIEF

W3zZa!
14-11-2003, 09:38 PM
hmm thx for callin me a thief :o ....

but ive sorted it went back to phones4u and sorted it... they took the old 1 and replaced with brand new 1 :D ty anyway

Thanh
15-11-2003, 04:57 AM
Hi there :)

You see, some people travel the world in search of wealth but don't ever discover the treasure in their own basement.......

As i told you, if it's your phone and you can prove that, it will be unblocked (or, in your case, exchanged). Congratulation!

About "thief"... if someone acts suspicious, he's got to expect to be suspected..... that's nothing against you! If i were to ask for (illegal) IMEI change and give lame excuses ("mum doesn't allow...") and don't try the easiest thing first..... people might think that i too have a dodgy phone.

I never stole one, but i "lost" one already (forgot in a taxi, and the driver didn't give a hood - he didn't even bother answering it when i called, instead turned it off.... it ended up in MBK i guess) which was also kind of "theft" since i noticed my own fault seconds after it happening, yet no chance to get it back.

At another time (long ago, when phones were REALLY expensive) i found a Siemens s-10 (i believe the first ever with colour screen, three colours plus black, yess sir!) in a train and i gave it to the conductor, who noted my own number... few days later i received a call from the owner of that device, which at the time was the high-end phone of absolute top class, and he asked my adress... well, another couple of days i received a letter with a thank you note in it, and - 200 DM, which was a small fortune for me at that time! And to today, if i would find a phone, i would try to locate it's owner and give it back since i know first-hand how it hurts to lose what you have hard worked for.

I am happy for you that you in the end got a brand new phone...... take care of it :)

Kind regards.....
your Thanh