PDA

View Full Version : Solution for 3520 Java Games and 10k limit

ZedoBar
11-11-2003, 09:24 PM
I bought a nokia 3520 here in Brazil, just because of the Java Midp technology. I was surprised that i tried to download java apps and then ive got a lot of error messages... I tried to call my carrier (Claro) and they couldnt answer my question... And i also emailed nokia but no answer...

So i ve researched. And ive discovered that my wap server is bad. All the error messages like "Invalid File" "File too large to sent back"(10k limit) "Unknown File Type" was because of the horrible tess(claro) wap server. The server needs a application running that mades SAR(Segmentation and Reassembly) so i decided to make my own wap server... Then it worked, i could download big games & applications to my phone

What do you need:
Any machine that accept (RAS) (Remote Access Services). I have tested on a windows 2k. Should work on XP too
A modem and a normal phoneline that is not being used
Apache web Server(www.apache.org)(optional to host your files)
Wap 3GX gateway(www.wap3gx.com) or any other WAP gateway that support SAR
Web connection being shared

You must config your Machine to accept answers from modem. Goto Control Panel and Dial Up Connections and select something to make a new dial up server...

You must connect your phoneline to your modem...

Install Apache
Install W3gx

Get your phone. Goto Menu-Services-Configurations-Conections Config-Activate Configurations of Service and Select a Set that is not being used (example Set 5)
enter Edit Active Service Configuration-Session Type and Select Continuous
enter Carrier Configuration
Set the phone number = your modem number
Ip address = your IP address
autentication type = Normal
Login Type = Automatic
username = username of user set when configuring RAS
password = password of user set when configuring RAS
go back to the main screen and test wap
Wap navigation should work

To set your apache to host jar files, add the following lines to the file mime.type under the apache directory

application/java-archive .jar
text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor .jad

Then get your phone and try to GO on your webserver (http://youripnumberhere/test.jar)

Try downloading files from tagtag.com too

enfoo
19-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Thank you for sharing your information, as i know the GSM network has 2 lines for voice and data calls, i was told of this by my carrier. For example if i want to make a data call i have to ask my carrier to enable data transmission for my mobile.

I was just want to know when you called in to your PC did you have to set the mobile call as a data call or did you do it with through the voice network.

Thank you

ZedoBar
19-11-2003, 02:20 PM
My phone is TDMA, so i donīt know if this information apply to GSM phones, but if you can set up a dial up connection in your phone should work with both connection modes. If your phone has a GRPS wap connection, you will need to have a different equipment than a modem in your PC.

Spider-BR
27-12-2003, 01:12 AM
cara eu tentei navegar, mas qdo conecta ele pede um login e senha que nao sei qual eh

Spider-BR
27-12-2003, 03:07 PM
poxa ate consegui baixar, e fiquei verificando pelo wap3gx e ele puxou o jogo todo, mas nao instala

farsh2002
27-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Please write english. Or make a translation next time.

Thanks!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Spider-BR
27-12-2003, 04:13 PM
sorry, but zedobar is brazilian too

ZedoBar
27-12-2003, 09:32 PM
about you can not connect because its asking for a password, there is an option on Incoming connections, int Users tab that tels to not ask a password for direct connected devices, such as palm tops and cell phones.

I agree to Farsh, letīs keep the original English language, so everyone can take the info.

P.S. Hey Farsh, i was on your group, it was a very good group with tons of games, itīs a pity that has been deleted. Tell me when your new page is done!

farsh2002
27-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Hey Farsh, i was on your group, it was a very good group with tons of games, itīs a pity that has been deleted. Tell me when your new page is done!

I think after new year, when I have more free time.
I'll tell You about it!

Thanks!

Spiderluca
05-01-2004, 01:36 AM
I donīt understad you very well. I've too a 3520 from Claro and I've the same problems that you had. Can you explain me better and in potuguese how to create my personal wap server??? If you want to send me an SMS my phone is (54) 91384475. or mail me at [email protected] Thanks!!!! ( I liked your solution...)

stickemup911
17-01-2004, 10:34 PM
I followed all the steps for getting my own wap server.....Just one problem it didn't work......My nokia phone says "Bearrer not available" before it even calls in to my modem can you help me??????

farsh2002
17-01-2004, 10:59 PM
You made it on tagtag?

What about other wap sites? Does them work?

:rolleyes:

stickemup911
17-01-2004, 11:12 PM
I did all the computer work right........ But when i try to connect my phone it says "bearrer not available" what did i do wrong... The phone doesn't even dial in the modem for the computer...The number is put in but it doesn't dial to caonnect at all all it say is "bearrer not available"

Phone info

Nokia 3595 gsm phone 850/1900

wap compatable

gprs and gsm data

:lol: hope you can help

farsh2002
17-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Hi again.
I can't understand You. You want to connect WAP or WEB?
If You want WAP for what You need a computer? If You use phone as modem (I'm not sure) but I think it's impossible.

GoodLuck!

stickemup911
17-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Hi again.
I can't understand You. You want to connect WAP or WEB?
If You want WAP for what You need a computer? If You use phone as modem (I'm not sure) but I think it's impossible.

GoodLuck!

Hi
Sorry i din't explain it well
this should help

I want to connect my nokia3595 to a wap server that allows downloading of more than 10 kb. I configured my computer to accept a connection when i try to dial from my phone through Remote Access Services. The modem on my computer is ready to accept an incoming call for a connection. I think THE Problem is the settings on my phone. Once i try to connect to computewr for wap service the phone says "bearrer not available" Im not sure what that means? Is it from my cellphone or service provider or My computer

Please help :-?

farsh2002
17-01-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm affraid I can't help You in this.
I hear first time that it's possible to use PC as WAP modem.

GoodLuck.

stickemup911
18-01-2004, 12:31 AM
I bought a nokia 3520 here in Brazil, just because of the Java Midp technology. I was surprised that i tried to download java apps and then ive got a lot of error messages... I tried to call my carrier (Claro) and they couldnt answer my question... And i also emailed nokia but no answer...

So i ve researched. And ive discovered that my wap server is bad. All the error messages like "Invalid File" "File too large to sent back"(10k limit) "Unknown File Type" was because of the horrible tess(claro) wap server. The server needs a application running that mades SAR(Segmentation and Reassembly) so i decided to make my own wap server... Then it worked, i could download big games & applications to my phone

What do you need:
Any machine that accept (RAS) (Remote Access Services). I have tested on a windows 2k. Should work on XP too
A modem and a normal phoneline that is not being used
Apache web Server(www.apache.org)(optional to host your files)
Wap 3GX gateway(www.wap3gx.com) or any other WAP gateway that support SAR
Web connection being shared

You must config your Machine to accept answers from modem. Goto Control Panel and Dial Up Connections and select something to make a new dial up server...

You must connect your phoneline to your modem...

Install Apache
Install W3gx

Get your phone. Goto Menu-Services-Configurations-Conections Config-Activate Configurations of Service and Select a Set that is not being used (example Set 5)
enter Edit Active Service Configuration-Session Type and Select Continuous
enter Carrier Configuration
Set the phone number = your modem number
Ip address = your IP address
autentication type = Normal
Login Type = Automatic
username = username of user set when configuring RAS
password = password of user set when configuring RAS
go back to the main screen and test wap
Wap navigation should work

To set your apache to host jar files, add the following lines to the file mime.type under the apache directory

application/java-archive .jar
text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor .jad

Then get your phone and try to GO on your webserver (http://youripnumberhere/test.jar)

Try downloading files from tagtag.com too

This is to Farch
What is the above referring to>? can you explain
and is there any better way to take off the 10kb limit -- I really need to know

farsh2002
18-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Hi!
I don't have this problem with downloading. I can download more than 10kb with my operator.

Try to change operator or the best way is data cable! Just buy it and You will uploading any games and tones You want.

ZedoBar
22-01-2004, 06:34 AM
To all of you trying to access with a GPRS connection: I don't know if it's possible, because a GPRS modem is different than a normal modem.

And there Farsh, you can use your modem as a wap gateway... But the technology is different than yours in your country. You do use a GSM phone, i'm talking about a TDMA phone. TDMA is old and the WAP connection is made just like a dial-up connection on a ISP if dial-up connection still exists there...

Sorry, i know that my post isn't realy clear... I'm kinda busy now, but i'm working on a tutorial for doing a wap server in windows 2k... I wilk release sometime soon, it will be in Portuguese, because i know quite a lot of people that simply can't do anything because of a stupid carrier... I willl translate after the tutorial to English too. Once that i finish it i will post here, but till there, try to explore your cell phone, NEVER be afraid, that's the way that you learn things a lot. Bearer not avaliable i think its related to a user/password to log in the remote connection to PC, so, make sure that you have an user on your server(PC) that is EXACTLY the same that you configured on your pc, with the same pass too (of course)

Good Luck to All

Another way to get things working is to call the Carrier and ask them for a better wap server. Try to make clear that the fucking Carrier server don't work, and tell them that you would like to change the carrier if nothing will be done... They just think that they can sell you a phone and provide a BullShit service... THAT NEED TO CHANGE(here in Brazil, at least)

ZedoBar, or Marcelo

FRX
17-02-2004, 11:33 PM
I notice in the box of the phone and the instruction book that this phone is compatible whit WAP but this option and others dont apear in the menu of the phone .. can someone help me to enable make enable this options like the Wap :-? and others options :-? . I call to my service but not giveme answer and nokia but donīt answer :-? some one knew how unlock or make enable the WAP option??? :-? or something.. I need it :evil: to download games :rolleyes: , pholiphonic tones :rolleyes: , aplications ETC :-P . Or give me other option to download Tones, Aplications etc. I live in Mexico :-P

I speak spanish and some english sorry but i have a bad english... :sad:

ZedoBar
18-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Wap should be on the "Sevices" menu (Pressing Menu and going to the last page)

fesquivel
29-10-2004, 12:12 AM
I also have the same problem as stickemup911: "Bearer not available"... (everything was configured: IP, homepage, phone number, etc.).

I did set my computer to receive incoming connections, but the cellphone does not even try to call to the phone number I configured (my home phone number, where my computer is listening for incoming connections).

I think it's related to the voice/data call mode discused earlier, because the phone does not really try to dial the number, it just aborts with that error, as if it could not find a carrier or something. However, I have not been able to find any option to configure the call mode (data/voice)!

Besides, my local service provider (ICE in Costa Rica) explicitly offers WAP over GPRS only (that's for GSM phones). They confirmed me that they have no platform ready for WAP on the TDMA network and don't plan to install one in the future... at all! :-(

Then, the only thing I can do is use a data cable to upload graphics and polyphonic ringtones. I wrote to Nokia asking for the Part Number of the appropiate data cable, since they don't list one in the accessories page for this model.

The official answer, from Nokia, is that the 3520 "is not a data capable model", so they don't offer a data cable... Can you believe that? Why then is it documented in the phone's manual that you can download ringtones, applications and games?

Anyway, I turned to Google and found a data cable that could work: I've read that the Nokia 3520 is compatible (pin configs) with the Nokia 3560 (BTW, I think the faceplates of 3560 can be used in 3520 as well ;-).

This people (http://store.accessorygeeks.com/no3560usbdata.html) sell an USB data cable for the 3560 for US$30. Too expensive, I continued my search...

http://store.yahoo.com/cellphoneshop/usbdacaforno.html offer the same cable (at least it looks the same) for US$17, but I'm still not sure if it would work...

Well, I just wanted to publish the links in case anyone wants to give this cable a try and then tell us (here) if it works.

BTW, what free software is there available to upload images and ringtones (assuming the cable works)?