PDA

View Full Version : N-Gage game on SX1

RiisE
12-11-2003, 07:39 PM
i learnt from a forum saying that SX1 may play N-Gage game with supreme sound and graphic quality . that's why this is my dream phone

SX1

(mp3+radio+camera)

Link as below:

http://www.sl45.com

Quake3000
13-11-2003, 02:06 AM
okey i have seen that it work on sx1 sad news for nokia really what lame protection do the n-gage games use anyway? all the games work on alot of symbian phones

johnnyspliff
13-11-2003, 02:46 AM
Here's what Gamespot said yesterday:

"N-Gage's code cracked?

Hackers claim they can play games made for the Nokia deck on other mobile phones.

Nokia's struggling N-Gage suffered another possible setback today, when hackers claimed they have cracked the game deck's code. One British site, Club-Siemens, posted pictures of the N-Gage title SonicN being played on the Siemens SX1, another mobile phone which uses the N-Gage's Symbian OS. Another post on CDfreaks.com, an underground tech-information site, claimed that and the N-Gage's security "has been cracked like an egg," and predicted that soon hacked N-Gage games would be downloadable to many mobile phones with games capability.

Nokia reacted to the news with concern and caution. "We're aware of it and we're taking it seriously," a spokesperson for the Finnish phone-maker told GameSpot. "Right now we are looking into the claims." He went on to add that Nokia would formally respond later today or tomorrow. "

Here's what they said today:

"Nokia officially N-raged by N-Gage hack

Handset giant concedes the game-card code on its mobile phone/game deck has been "bypassed."

Responding to a Tuesday report, Nokia officially admitted that hackers had bypassed the N-Gage's game-card encryption. "Nokia has investigated rumors that the copy protection of Nokia N-Gage game cards has been 'cracked'," company spokesman Steven Knuff told GameSpot. He continuted, "We have found that some of the copy protection mechanisms of some game titles have been disabled and the games made available for download on various Web sites."

Knuff said Nokia had initiated an "aggressive program to stop the individuals and/or entities that are behind these intellectual property violations." While he did not give specifics, he did say the company would be enlisting the help of internet service providers and law enforcement agencies and that Nokia would beef up its copyright protection program."

Who pissed in their cornflakes?

evobit
13-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Just visit club-siemens.com if you don't believe n-gage games work on the SX1 - loads of screenshots!

Can't blame nokia for cracking down on it though.

tzeonn
13-11-2003, 05:59 AM
yea, if all ngage games were cracked like an egg, no one will wanna buy them, they can be downloaded for free.

RiisE
13-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Everything is possible..... , with the 64MB Ram, i think SX1 will be a big challenge to NOKIA and with the FM radio , stereo output, this will be a great great phone. I not really happy with NOKIA that they don't built everything in one phone, make consumer keep buying new phone, i don't like this marketing tactic.

tzeonn
13-11-2003, 08:07 PM
den everyone would but sendo x, other sendo fones will be obsolete, and den they will start losing money. nokia recognised tt, and chose to stay competitive in other aspects. ngage is one of them, thou it was a flop, considering how games were so easily cracked.

symbianseries60
13-11-2003, 09:05 PM
do the games work with the sendo x?

RiisE
16-11-2003, 08:17 PM
i can deny SendoX is a good phone... all we can do is wait and see, hope SX1 with be out at December.

imranac
17-11-2003, 12:02 AM
wait, wait and wait...

hopefully ATLEAST december..

heh heh!

gee2020
17-11-2003, 07:52 AM
Here's what Gamespot said yesterday:

"N-Gage's code cracked?

Hackers claim they can play games made for the Nokia deck on other mobile phones.

Nokia's struggling N-Gage suffered another possible setback today, when hackers claimed they have cracked the game deck's code. One British site, Club-Siemens, posted pictures of the N-Gage title SonicN being played on the Siemens SX1, another mobile phone which uses the N-Gage's Symbian OS. Another post on CDfreaks.com, an underground tech-information site, claimed that and the N-Gage's security "has been cracked like an egg," and predicted that soon hacked N-Gage games would be downloadable to many mobile phones with games capability.

Nokia reacted to the news with concern and caution. "We're aware of it and we're taking it seriously," a spokesperson for the Finnish phone-maker told GameSpot. "Right now we are looking into the claims." He went on to add that Nokia would formally respond later today or tomorrow. "

Here's what they said today:

"Nokia officially N-raged by N-Gage hack

Handset giant concedes the game-card code on its mobile phone/game deck has been "bypassed."

Responding to a Tuesday report, Nokia officially admitted that hackers had bypassed the N-Gage's game-card encryption. "Nokia has investigated rumors that the copy protection of Nokia N-Gage game cards has been 'cracked'," company spokesman Steven Knuff told GameSpot. He continuted, "We have found that some of the copy protection mechanisms of some game titles have been disabled and the games made available for download on various Web sites."

Knuff said Nokia had initiated an "aggressive program to stop the individuals and/or entities that are behind these intellectual property violations." While he did not give specifics, he did say the company would be enlisting the help of internet service providers and law enforcement agencies and that Nokia would beef up its copyright protection program."

Who pissed in their cornflakes?

heheh those photo's off the siemens site were taken with a Nikon E2500.

RiisE
17-11-2003, 09:28 AM
i think SendoX do not have radio rite?

symbianseries60
17-11-2003, 06:45 PM
just buy an ngage and a sendo x!!!

i got my ngage, 7650, 3650--now im just waiting for the sendo x!!

i dont see any point of getting a 6600! its not that different from my 3650!

gee2020
17-11-2003, 11:23 PM
i think nokia is embaressed and very pissed off with cracked n-gage games, most games review sites ive been to it seems to be the top story, i think there also upset with that club siemens site.... those pics made me laugh btw :)

tzeonn
18-11-2003, 09:00 PM
i think SendoX do not have radio rite?

it has a radio.