PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking my 7650

Futeki
13-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Seems I have tried to unlock my 7650 too many times with the wrong unlock codes (my fault) and its blocked from any unlocking now :(

Its not all bad though, I have both a USB dongle and a serial cable + opening tool for my phone. Am I right in thinking I can re-flash the phone, put my IMIE back, then unlock the phone?

I just want to know if this is possible before I go and wipe my phone clean :). I've run through the Nokia PC Suite backup first - so I shouldn't lose anything. Is flashing it possible, will it work, do the tools exist on the internet?

crashynot
13-11-2003, 12:05 AM
You dont need to wipe your fone clean to unlock it
all you need is Bwin unlock
to unlock your fone
its fast and easy
you dont have to do it the dangerous way

browntoa
13-11-2003, 12:12 AM
bwinlock software from here

http://www.gsm-technology.com/gsm.php/en,download,subpage_id,free_software,subsubpage_id,Nokia.html

easy to use !!

Futeki
13-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the tips. I've tried Bwinlock and just about every other unlock software under the sun - the problem seems to be that none of these programs can put my phone into test mode!?!

Is there something I should be doing to the phone first to put it in test mode? Or is my phone screwed?

Just to note, I have put the code in wrong more than 5 times before, would that have locked out test mode as well or something?

crashynot
13-11-2003, 01:17 AM
Bwinlock
just is not being used proply
you must use it in the corect way

Futeki
13-11-2003, 01:21 AM
Bwinlock
just is not being used proply
you must use it in the corect way

Hehe, there's only one button to unlock the phone in Bwinlock - how could I be not using it properly?

It connects to the phone ok, reads the data such as imie, network code, and version etc - so it must be communicating with the phone. But when you try to unlock it, just get a message saying it couldn't put the phone in test mode.

Same with all other unlock software, communicates with the phone no problem, but can't put the phone in test mode.

crashynot
13-11-2003, 01:27 AM
Read the read me File to see how it is done ok

Futeki
13-11-2003, 01:31 AM
No offense bro, but you think I didn't read the readme? I've installed the driver and everything, it talks to the phone no problem - but won't set it to test mode for some reason.

I really appreciate your advice, but I just need you to know I've read everything and tried about 6 other programs that all fail to put the phone into test mode.

The screen goes white when it tries to put the phone in test mode btw. Not sure if that means anything to you guys? I've never done this before :)

crashynot
13-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Check you Cable
can be thata pin is not makeing contact

Futeki
13-11-2003, 01:59 AM
Well, after search and searching and searching - I'm 100% certain I'm not going to get this unlock to work without completely re-flashing the phone. I've seen many posts from many different places, and every single person that has had the same problem as myself, hasn't managed to resolve it. Wish someone knew what to do.

*^%#*ng phones!

browntoa
13-11-2003, 11:27 AM
I've asked around and agree with you, the only option is a reflash of the phone but I'm under the opinion that this doe'nt touch the imei number but you will lose everything you have stored on the phone obviously.

I'll get someone to look at this post who does flashing and see if he can throw any light on it

inderinderinder
13-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Flashing won't remove the SP Locks... AFAIK they will still remain, as flashing is only the firmware/software back and does not touch the area where the SP Lock data is.

You need to try and get BWinLock working or take it to a local mobile shop who can help using either that program or Griffin box or Neelix 3

:)

Futeki
13-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys.

I rang the local nokia service centre today, they said that they didn't think flashing it would restore the phone to its original state (factory default with no lock) since the SP lock may not be stored in the flash - but also that they couldn't be sure about that and would re-flash my phone with the latest firmware and see if it can then be unlocked.

So, fingers crossed re-flashing works :).

Futeki
13-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Oh yeah, I tried Bwinlock on 3 other computers whilst at work today also - same message about not being able to enter test mode.

crashynot
13-11-2003, 07:00 PM
GOOD luck if no result you Will have to use the Griffin box then or Neelix 3

inderinderinder
13-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys.

I rang the local nokia service centre today, they said that they didn't think flashing it would restore the phone to its original state (factory default with no lock) since the SP lock may not be stored in the flash - but also that they couldn't be sure about that and would re-flash my phone with the latest firmware and see if it can then be unlocked.

So, fingers crossed re-flashing works :).

Phone will still be locked mate :(

They are right, SP lock is not stored in the flash

Futeki
13-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Ah nuts!

Well, there's one last hope. Flashing it may correct the 'unable to enter test mode' problem with my phone? Thus making Bwinlock usable.

I can but hope... :)

crashynot
13-11-2003, 09:57 PM
post your results
after wards
ok

Futeki
13-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Oh, one other thing.

Does anyone here know a service centre in the UK that I can just send this phone to and let them deal with the problem - I don't want to see it again until its working. lol. Reason I ask is that I don't think my local service centre know much about anything, they are hardly ever open as well.

I'll happily pay whatever it costs. So anywhere I can just send it away to be unlocked? I have an SL55 I can use in the mean time.

RiisE
29-11-2003, 08:10 PM
i need help too, why it always prompt that: unable to read phone version" , is that something wrong with my cable?

crashynot
29-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Try getting the Bwinlock software from someware eles can be problen with the soft