PDA

View Full Version : blocked 7210

richiek
13-11-2003, 12:52 AM
About 7 months ago I swapped my old contract 8310 + cash for my mates sons 7210 and gave it to my daughter for her birthday. It was working fine until today when it became blocked. He's obviously reported it lost or stolen and claimed the insurance. I can't get hold of him and neither can my mate. He hasn't heard from him for months. I'm gutted as my daughter loved the phone and spent lots of pocket money customising it. Now she can't use it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can get round this problem?

Yotamz
13-11-2003, 01:31 AM
well, i'm sorry to hear that...it's sad that people do this things.. :sad:

the lesson:
when you switch your phone with someone else's phone, you shall inform the operator about the ownership change.

in order to make the phone work again you have to replace the UEM chip inside the phone with a new one, and program it with a new imei. but this is expensive, dangerous and illegal..
so a better option is - swap it with someone in another country, where it will not be barred..

richiek
13-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!!!

nahid
15-11-2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!!!
hi what network is you handset on?

m0bileb0b
15-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Would using NokTools and a Datacable or IR work, as NokTools has the ability to edit the IMEI number?

Yotamz
16-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Would using NokTools and a Datacable or IR work, as NokTools has the ability to edit the IMEI number?

these programs work with dct3 phones, 7210 is dct4.

dct4 models have a better protection, so that imei cannot be changed with software. the imei of dct4s is programmed in another chip, and not in the flash chip like dct3s. that chip (called uem chip) is one-time-programmable, and it is impossible to change it's content. in order to change the imei you have to replace that chip with a blank one, and program it with an imei rebuilder.