PDA

View Full Version : North American Nokia 5165 TDMA (NSW-1) and Wintesla

Divide Overflow
10-08-2002, 06:39 PM
Well, this being my first post in this forum. . Greetings.

Well, I've been having a spot of trouble tooling around with my Nokia. I'm the kinda person who wants to tinker with his toys, and my cell phone is no exception. Of course I've gotten ringtones using www.cellringtones.com (To hell with paying 99 cents for something you don't know if you'll like or not). I've also played with the startup logo as well. However, I want to get into the guts of the phone.

I have two copies of Wintesla. v5.31 and 6.43, and I have an MBus cable. However, after setting up the bus connection (COM1, MBUS), I still can't seem to connect with the phone. After displaying "Chaning Product Support Modules", I get an error message. Sometimes about not finding the correct DLL listed in the INI file. Other times I get, "Failed to initialise functionality module".

I've also noticed that my model is not listed in either copy of Wintesla. My phone's model is NSW-1. I see NSE-1, NSK-1, NSM-1, but no models starting with NSW. Does anyone have a DLL file that will allow me to access the phone through Wintesla? Or even better, does anyone know of any other software that may work better with my phone? At the very least I want to change the carrier banner, and at the most, see how everything works. Any suggestions would be appreciated.