PDA

View Full Version : My review of NGAGE games ported to my N6600

fnvillafuerte
13-11-2003, 09:13 AM
SONIC:
=====
A. 6600 Installation - Full install OK!
B. Graphics in 6600 - Excellent on full screen mode. However, small-screen mode is very bad.
C. Playability - Although the game is so cool and fast-paced, you will get bored after a few minutes of playing because of awkward and difficult game control.
D. Remarks - Sound is distorted! Your game will close whenever a call or text message is received, forcing you to restart again from the beginning! Much better if the phone will just pause so you can resume the game. Very awkward game control, no option to configure user's control.

PUYU:
====
B. Graphics in 6600 - Excellent on full screen mode. However, characters are so small you will easily strain your eyes.
C. Playability - Quite good, simple controls. Get bored after a while due to monotonous play, typical of a "Tetris"-type games.
D. Remarks - Two player via bluetooth- cool!

MONKEY BALL:
==========
B. Graphics in 6600 - Excellent on full screen mode. Nice, saturated colors.
C. Playability - Simple controls but very, very hard to control the roll of the ball. Requires intense concentration to get to next level. Very challenging game.
D. Remarks - No sound even if I set the game's sound setting to maximum.

PANDEMONIUM:
===========
B. Graphics in 6600 - Excellent on full screen mode. Nice, saturated colors. Auto-zoom is a very nice feature!
C. Playability - Simple controls makes this game very easy to play, the controls are user-configurable. Lots of items in very big worlds to explore, you will not get bored for hours.
D. Remarks - One of the best NGAGE game around, highly recommended!

LARA CROFT TOMBRAIDER FINAL:
========================
C. Playability - Simple controls makes this game very easy to play, the controls are user-configurable. Vast worlds and levels to explore, you will not get bored for hours.
D. Remarks - This one is my favorite so far, highly recommended!

BUBBLE BOBBLE:
===========
A. 6600 Installation - Will install normally but if you start the game, it will just return to menu screen.

TONY HAWK:
=========
A. 6600 Installation - Have'nt tried installing it, file too big at 18mb. I only got 15mb left free space.

I installed in my 6600 the TombRaider and Pandemonium, I still have 15mb free space left in my 32mb MMC card. Two great games on a great Nokia phone, what else can I ask for? LOL!!!
Now, would you still consider buying the NGAGE unit???
Ü

tzeonn
13-11-2003, 09:40 AM
press # when playing sonic to play in full screen.

NiX_
13-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Of course I would want an n-gage so much cheaper and so much better.
NO stereo out/in NO radio NO Mp3 NO usb better game functionality
You have to have used it to have much of a say i've used both and N-gage considering all the facts is the better option.

And thanks tzeonn I thought the screen size was stupid.

Apocalypso
13-11-2003, 12:44 PM
SONIC:
PUYU:
MONKEY BALL:
PANDEMONIUM:
LARA CROFT TOMBRAIDER FINAL:
BUBBLE BOBBLE:
TONY HAWK:

Where did you get all this games, I only find a sonic?

Thanks anyway

fnvillafuerte
13-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Where did you get all this games, I only find a sonic?

Thanks anyway

Get all NGAGE-to-N6600 games here:

http://www.n-gba.tk/

Be patient, the downloading is sloooow, maybe due to bandwith limitation. Don't bother to get the BubbleBobble, its just a waste of internet time, it doesnt work on 6600.

impossible_me
13-11-2003, 01:47 PM
i installed pandemoniun on 6600 the problem is it gives application error and close after completeing level 1

is anybody facing the same problem......

impossible_me
13-11-2003, 01:52 PM
about tony hawk its working fine on 6600 without any problem

Apocalypso
13-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Be patient, the downloading is sloooow, maybe due to bandwith limitation. Don't bother to get the BubbleBobble, its just a waste of internet time, it doesnt work on 6600.

thanks man, but most link dont work, i will try later, thanks again for link.

pesaPPO
13-11-2003, 02:37 PM
Ü

no because i've already bought one!
and i won't sell it for that crap 6600!!!!!

all of u r saying that 6600 is the best...so why do u worry about n-gage games?
don't u use ur wonderful TOP-SMARTPHONE for job??
email? web-surfing? pdf? xls? and so on??

600€ for n-gage games...i've spent 299€

ppffffffffff

seaky
13-11-2003, 03:18 PM

Not working...

I tried to download Tomb Raider...

Pleas help..

Thanx,
Seaky

dj^^
13-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Not working...

I tried to download Tomb Raider...

Pleas help..

Thanx,
Seaky

yup...not working...can u provide a better link?

imranac
13-11-2003, 10:38 PM
THPS works on 6600...
you have to try this out!

TONY HAWKS PRO SKATER:
====================
C. Playability - Simple controls makes this game very easy to play, the controls are user-configurable. Great boards and levels to unlock and explore, you will not get bored for hours.
D. Music - Pretty cool but bit loud! (Has cool Rock music with voices)
E. Remarks - This one is my favorite so far, highly recommended!

A Definite * * * * *

Cheers!

tau
14-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Are you serious? Tony Hawk sucks! how the hell are you supposed to do combos without manuals or reverts?

"no because i've already bought one!
and i won't sell it for that crap 6600!!!!!

all of u r saying that 6600 is the best...so why do u worry about n-gage games?
don't u use ur wonderful TOP-SMARTPHONE for job??
email? web-surfing? pdf? xls? and so on??

600€ for n-gage games...i've spent 299€

ppffffffffff"

Are you serious? The N-Gage doesnt have games which are that good, and the actual phone isnt that good either. The 6600 is a great phone with lots of features. Plus, it can play N-Gage games. The whole point of the N-Gage is its games. I mean, its supposed to be all awesome with its graphical processing unit, and we see a phone that can do the same thing without the GPU....

We're just all happy something better than freaking snake is available for our phones.

NiX_
15-11-2003, 12:57 AM
O so the games are crap then your saying playing n-gage games on 6600 is no advantage. Even without the games it is still a better phone. OOO symbian 7 lots of good stuff has come from that yeh thats great. and what else ???? Business phone what kind of crap business capabilities does it have. N-gage still has stereo sound that is a huge advantage and usb. A 6600 for 3 times the price or a 3650 for $50 more yeh right.

shadowhunter
15-11-2003, 01:07 AM
O so the games are crap then your saying playing n-gage games on 6600 is no advantage. Even without the games it is still a better phone. OOO symbian 7 lots of good stuff has come from that yeh thats great. and what else ???? Business phone what kind of crap business capabilities does it have. N-gage still has stereo sound that is a huge advantage and usb. A 6600 for 3 times the price or a 3650 for $50 more yeh right.

you're a litle bit frustrated aren't you dude?

we are all glade you got yourself a N-gage dude but still you have to admit that an n-gage is more limited in its features... thats al en to listen to the radio is maybe 1 +point but we can shoot our own litle movies en photo's that you can't say

pesaPPO
15-11-2003, 01:12 AM
lol.....photos and movies....LOL!

and btw...any GPU on N-Gage my dear Tau....

:rolleyes:

Undying
15-11-2003, 01:13 AM
How do you guys transfer the games to the memcard? I tried to use pc suite and epoc file manager, but it doesnt work with my 6600. Please help

pesaPPO
15-11-2003, 01:18 AM
MMC reader/writer

NiX_
15-11-2003, 03:21 AM
Well, you can but i can't see why you would want to make movies or take photos that you can hardly make out. 0.5 megapixels is not enough. i never used the camera on the 3650. For the difference in prices I could buy a pretty damn good camera.

foenix
15-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Well, you can but i can't see why you would want to make movies or take photos that you can hardly make out. 0.5 megapixels is not enough. i never used the camera on the 3650. For the difference in prices I could buy a pretty damn good camera.

Well of course you can by a digital camera which is better than 6600s cam, actually i have one too, but the point of cellphone cams is not that they replace normal digicams, but that you can take pictures of many situations you normally couldn't since you probably don't always carry your digicam with you but cellphone you do.

and, if ngage is the best phone for you thats nice, but it isn't for us, people are different, let's just all be friends etc ;)

NiX_
15-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Well, I never came across such a situation.

tau
15-11-2003, 11:35 AM
"lol.....photos and movies....LOL!

and btw...any GPU on N-Gage my dear Tau...."

1) The camera/video cam is a nice feature, but ive only used it 1-2 times. I have another digital camera which i use for video/photos, and since the 6600 can make video/photos, it can also display them really well.

2) The funny thing is, the 6600 doesnt even have a GPU, yet it can play the crappy Tony Hawk and Tomb Raider, both fully 3D games. Its even possible to play via bluetooth and gprs for N-Gage Arena! (the release doesnt support it, but if you rip em yourself its there.

"O so the games are crap then your saying playing n-gage games on 6600 is no advantage. Even without the games it is still a better phone. OOO symbian 7 lots of good stuff has come from that yeh thats great. and what else ???? Business phone what kind of crap business capabilities does it have. N-gage still has stereo sound that is a huge advantage and usb. A 6600 for 3 times the price or a 3650 for $50 more yeh right."

An advantage? Put it this way, The 6600 is a great phone. Ive got so many programs on there its not funny. Its more like a pocket PC. One of those programs on there includes SonicN and Tomb Raider. SonicN is the only good game on the N-Gage right now, and tomb raider is a slight distraction, but not worth buying an n-gage for. Want an mp3 player? get the program. Stereo Sound? Who cares? is there anything that is really "good sound" worthy? No. USB? It's called my digital camera. I just put the card in the camera and the card becomes a removable hard drive.

What are you going on about, Business capabilities? Id rather have something there, whatever it is, than not have it at all.

Tomb raider is just some weird 3D "action" game, Monkey Ball's too annoying to play without an analogue joystick, Tony hawk is without the simple manual to rack up any sort of combos and pandemonium is just jump, jump, run.

Just admit it. Anything the N-Gage can do, 6600 can do, including more.

pesaPPO
15-11-2003, 05:36 PM
ahaha that's ur thought...

btw..maybe u don't understand and i repeate: ANY GPU ON N-GAGE. SAME HARDWARE 6600 AND N-GAGE. it's obvious that 6600 can play an n-gage game without a gpu...the gpu doesn't exist!

tau
15-11-2003, 07:47 PM
"btw..maybe u don't understand and i repeate: ANY GPU ON N-GAGE. SAME HARDWARE 6600 AND N-GAGE. it's obvious that 6600 can play an n-gage game without a gpu...the gpu doesn't exist!"

If the processor is good enough, it means it can do exactly what the GPU can do, maybe more.

In other words, there's all this fuss over n-gage having a GPU and playing 3D games, which is their argument for everything else being average to below average. The 6600 is an awesome phone with a huge amount of potential. It doesn't even need a GPU to churn out 3D games. the n-gage, apparently, does.

Btw, ive noticed that im playing DOOM more than any of the n-gage games available. The only game im really playing from the n-gage is sonic, and that's hardly a technically imressive game. Goes to show graphics dont make the game.

AlexTheStampede
15-11-2003, 11:18 PM
!!!!!does sonic work on the 3650??pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

illution
16-11-2003, 12:34 AM
yeap... SonicN is working in 3650....
another disadvantage for N-Gage user... cheapo 3650 can play SonicN...

NiX_
16-11-2003, 01:54 AM
1) The camera/video cam is a nice feature, but ive only used it 1-2 times. I have another digital camera which i use for video/photos, and since the 6600 can make video/photos, it can also display them really well.

2) The funny thing is, the 6600 doesnt even have a GPU, yet it can play the crappy Tony Hawk and Tomb Raider, both fully 3D games. Its even possible to play via bluetooth and gprs for N-Gage Arena! (the release doesnt support it, but if you rip em yourself its there.

"O so the games are crap then your saying playing n-gage games on 6600 is no advantage. Even without the games it is still a better phone. OOO symbian 7 lots of good stuff has come from that yeh thats great. and what else ???? Business phone what kind of crap business capabilities does it have. N-gage still has stereo sound that is a huge advantage and usb. A 6600 for 3 times the price or a 3650 for $50 more yeh right."

An advantage? Put it this way, The 6600 is a great phone. Ive got so many programs on there its not funny. Its more like a pocket PC. One of those programs on there includes SonicN and Tomb Raider. SonicN is the only good game on the N-Gage right now, and tomb raider is a slight distraction, but not worth buying an n-gage for. Want an mp3 player? get the program. Stereo Sound? Who cares? is there anything that is really "good sound" worthy? No. USB? It's called my digital camera. I just put the card in the camera and the card becomes a removable hard drive.

What are you going on about, Business capabilities? Id rather have something there, whatever it is, than not have it at all.

Tomb raider is just some weird 3D "action" game, Monkey Ball's too annoying to play without an analogue joystick, Tony hawk is without the simple manual to rack up any sort of combos and pandemonium is just jump, jump, run.

Just admit it. Anything the N-Gage can do, 6600 can do, including more.

Well, I too have got so many programs on there its not funny. Tomb Raider and SonicN you have to say are better than most symbian games and they are a small part of the reason I bought my n-gage. That fact that you can play them on 6600 doesn't make it an disadvantage for the n-gage I can see it would be hard to play. Sorry you still have failed to produce any good examples of any better on 6600. Stereo Sound against mono there is a huge difference you try mp3s although you might not say it it is so shit n-gage is "good sound" Discman quality. "It's called my digital camera." Well I could do that but what would be the point 20 times faster to use usb and that is my point. "I just put the card in the camera and the card becomes a removable hard drive." Exactly, plug in usb cable and n-gage becomes removable hard drive. Okay I will admit it when you show me something substantial. Camera - you have ruled that out yourself. SymbianOS 7 - You haven't shown anything that would make me think it is much better. You might say in the future this, in the future that but it will never be stereo sound in the future. Okay maybe there will be benefits from symbian 7 but we still have mp3 radio etc which makes it even and even isn't worth 3 times the money.

I know your just trying to defend you baby but 'Put it this way' I'm not convinced.

tau
16-11-2003, 02:33 AM
"Well, I too have got so many programs on there its not funny. Tomb Raider and SonicN you have to say are better than most symbian games and they are a small part of the reason I bought my n-gage. That fact that you can play them on 6600 doesn't make it an disadvantage for the n-gage I can see it would be hard to play. Sorry you still have failed to produce any good examples of any better on 6600. Stereo Sound against mono there is a huge difference you try mp3s although you might not say it it is so shit n-gage is "good sound" Discman quality. "It's called my digital camera." Well I could do that but what would be the point 20 times faster to use usb and that is my point. "I just put the card in the camera and the card becomes a removable hard drive." Exactly, plug in usb cable and n-gage becomes removable hard drive. Okay I will admit it when you show me something substantial. Camera - you have ruled that out yourself. SymbianOS 7 - You haven't shown anything that would make me think it is much better. You might say in the future this, in the future that but it will never be stereo sound in the future. Okay maybe there will be benefits from symbian 7 but we still have mp3 radio etc which makes it even and even isn't worth 3 times the money.

I know your just trying to defend you baby but 'Put it this way' I'm not convinced."

Better than most symbian games? I just said! I play doom more than that crap! Want mp3 playback? Get the program, only a few hundred kb max. you can get Discman quality sound from the phone's loudspeakers?? That's a good one. Your point about the USB? Is that a real point? Do you read english? I just said when i put it into my camera, the CARD which i use in the PHONE becomes a removable harddrive. Meaning i just put whatever i want on it and its there in a few seconds.

And if the N-Gage is so crap, how come every person at my school has returned it after a few days? They all thought it was going to be awesome, but after a few days, when the novelty wore off, they just thought it was crap and returned it.

And this is just the beginning of the 6600. It only recently got released. I'm heavily anticipating all the things that'll be developed for it. I mean, i already have so many cool programs.

And do you really love talking on your n-gage, enough to look like an idiot? I mean, what's up with the way you hold the thing?!

NiX_
16-11-2003, 03:21 AM
I said most doom is a great exception. The problem with a program is that its never gona give you stereo quality sound. And the discman quality sound is from the headphones. The point I was making is that with a digital camera you have to turn off the phone take out the battery put it in the camera then plug it in the do that in reverse. That is a lot slower than just plugging in the cable. Everyone in your school returned it okay it sounds stupid as no shop would take them back but even so the novelty of what the games. I don't see any new symbian 7 games yet so all the games on your phone must be the same as what you would have on the 6600. You still haven't explain anything that is better about it so I'd hate to see what they would do with a 3 times more expense phone like that.

pesaPPO
16-11-2003, 03:27 AM
It doesn't even need a GPU to churn out 3D games. the n-gage, apparently, does..

OMG...it seems that we speak different languages........

NOKIA N-GAGE DOESN'T HAVE A GAME'S DEDICATED GPU!
got it??

tau
16-11-2003, 03:38 AM
"OMG...it seems that we speak different languages........

NOKIA N-GAGE DOESN'T HAVE A GAME'S DEDICATED GPU!
got it??"

meh, that's what everyone's saying. if it doesnt, good for it.

I said most doom is a great exception. The problem with a program is that its never gona give you stereo quality sound. And the discman quality sound is from the headphones. The point I was making is that with a digital camera you have to turn off the phone take out the battery put it in the camera then plug it in the do that in reverse. That is a lot slower than just plugging in the cable. Everyone in your school returned it okay it sounds stupid as no shop would take them back but even so the novelty of what the games. I don't see any new symbian 7 games yet so all the games on your phone must be the same as what you would have on the 6600. You still haven't explain anything that is better about it so I'd hate to see what they would do with a 3 times more expense phone like that.

1) Headphones can be used on the 6600 too...

2) Electronics Botique has a 7-day return policy. They seemed to have no problems refunding them.

3) the freaking phone just came out. Give it some time and there'll be tons of stuff for it.

4) IT'S A PHONE! it was never meant to be a games machine! It was initially an awesome phone, but now it plays n-gage. It just adds another plus. Games are only secondary. I mean, if i wanted games i'd just whip out my GBA SP.

NiX_
16-11-2003, 03:50 AM
Having headphones doesn't suddenly give it stereo capabilities. If games are secondary what is primary to you what makes this phone so good. I'm sorry but, you haven't shown me anything. Everyone at my school with a n-gage has kept theirs.

But I have got to say I have had a good laugh at myself, when I've used the phone. Usually I am listening to music and I use the headset.
And I am pretty sure there is no gpu.

heha
16-11-2003, 06:25 AM
any idea where to get the tony hawk file that works on 6600

tau
16-11-2003, 12:22 PM
I havent shown you enough to say its an awesome phone? Tell me, what does the n-gage have on the 6600?

Judicator
16-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Don't argue!

But I would not buy a N-Gage, too!
It is a great phone but it is simply too awful and too big. And it's ridiculous to phone with it! : P

Just wait for the Siemens SX-1, which has Stereo and Radio too and a much better CPU and Display! Also it has Hot-Swap so you don't have to remove the Batteries to switch MMCs!

But it's true that N-Gage is way much cheaper than that 6600 or SX-1!

Anyone who is happy with his N-Gage: I am happy for you! That's the only thing that matters!

PS: It is true! The N-gage has no GPU! It has exactly the SAME Hardware than the N-gage!

imranac
16-11-2003, 10:17 PM
any idea where to get the tony hawk file that works on 6600

get it here!

http://www.aivanet.com/en/index.php?show=11&cat=2&type=3

why don't u jus read de other forums!?

NiX_
17-11-2003, 04:25 AM
Anyone who is happy with his 6600: I am happy for you! That's the only thing that matters!

gee2020
17-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Don't argue!

But I would not buy a N-Gage, too!
It is a great phone but it is simply too awful and too big. And it's ridiculous to phone with it! : P

Just wait for the Siemens SX-1, which has Stereo and Radio too and a much better CPU and Display! Also it has Hot-Swap so you don't have to remove the Batteries to switch MMCs!

But it's true that N-Gage is way much cheaper than that 6600 or SX-1!

Anyone who is happy with his N-Gage: I am happy for you! That's the only thing that matters!

PS: It is true! The N-gage has no GPU! It has exactly the SAME Hardware than the N-gage!

I have an N-Gage and absolutley love it. People say its too big and ridiculous to phone with it, but its not. Also alot of the time u'll prob find you are wearing ya headset, to listen to music or play games or calls. I think its the best value for money phone out at the moment. For the features its got and what it can do im amazed that its price was not alot higher than it actually is especailly being a product from nokia.

From being an avid 3650 user the N-Gage has caught up and taken over now, with me having my post paid sim in the gage and the pre paid sim in my 3650 (backup). I was in a weird position when they first came out aswell, thinking no camera, duznt look like a traditional fone ect, but after owning one, i think its great value for money.

You say in the post above "Just wait for the Siemens SX-1, which has Stereo and Radio too and a much better CPU and Display!" , i also used to think like that but u'll find you are waiting for ages and by the time that comes out something better will be on the way. I thought i'd take a little risk this time buying the N-gage and it paided off because i really like it. I respect your opinion and have No Beef by the way, this is just my opinion :smile:

Cheers gee

tau
17-11-2003, 09:26 AM
meh.

33 million Americans.
5 Thousand N-gages sold.

wow, so many people in the world agree...

I never even expected 6600 to do any of the stuff it can. I just asked if i could have a phone when my dad goes oversease.

Its okay if you love your n-gage as much as i love my 6600 though. I mean, whatever floats your boat...

fnvillafuerte
17-11-2003, 09:51 AM
The telephone, the cellular phones, handphones, pda phones... all these devices has ONE very important purpose: TO COMMUNICATE.

And the in-thing in communication today is MMS-Multi Media Messages. When we say MMS, that means communication with mutiple medium used: sound, text, video and pictures. This is were N6600 RULES against NGAGE. THe N6600 is FULL MMS PHONE, it is capable of communicating using video, text, audio, pictures! You do not need stereo to communicte... you do not need MP3 to communicate... you do not need games to communicate... All that NGAGE has to offer is "just a nice-to-have" functionalities of a communication device. N6600 HAS ALL the NECESSARY and REQUIREMENTS to be considered as a true communications device of our modern time!

It would be more dramatic to receive an MMS of a child being born, complete with video and sound. NGAGE cannot do it.

A salesman can have a more impact in selling to a client if he can actually send a picture or video of the product to his client. NGAGE cannot do it.

Cellphones are for COMMUNICATING and CONNECTING people. Ü

NiX_
18-11-2003, 05:34 AM
O sorry I didn't realise that 6600 could take videos and photos of itself must just have been me.

alphalvr
23-11-2003, 06:55 AM
fuck gaming on 6600

n gage is a awesome bit of kit, yes the 6600 is a nice phone...but that is all it is....a phone.....yeah its series 60.....u wanna take pics with a phone then cool but that novelty wore off 4 me on my first day of a t68i....me personally id rather have fun with my n-gage

i had a new phone n contract every year for past 13 years....and finally i know i will not be replacing my phone ever unless it breaks or the n-gage 2 comes out

even if n-gage dont take off...id be happy with it and the its capabilities as it is now and cant see any phone in the near future changing that

each to there own...but watching someone trying to play a game on a small phone keypad is so amusing he he

fnvillafuerte
24-11-2003, 07:04 AM
fuck gaming on 6600

n gage is a awesome bit of kit, yes the 6600 is a nice phone...but that is all it is....a phone.....yeah its series 60.....u wanna take pics with a phone then cool but that novelty wore off 4 me on my first day of a t68i....me personally id rather have fun with my n-gage

i had a new phone n contract every year for past 13 years....and finally i know i will not be replacing my phone ever unless it breaks or the n-gage 2 comes out

even if n-gage dont take off...id be happy with it and the its capabilities as it is now and cant see any phone in the near future changing that

each to there own...but watching someone trying to play a game on a small phone keypad is so amusing he he

...So, you bought a phone to play games, huh? I bought a phone to use it for communication with other people using video, audio, pics and text... and yes, my phone does play N-GAGE games and plays MP3 too! By the way, my phone is N6600 and my gaming device is GB-SP. Cool combination, I've got 'em all! ÜÜÜ

mautrang
24-11-2003, 10:39 AM
It Shows Me A Window,sp I Have To Type User And Pass.please Show Me User And Pass U Have! Thnks U

snsia
24-11-2003, 01:43 PM
how do you install the blzinstapp.sis?

Chris_Flowers
24-11-2003, 03:51 PM
To: NGage owners

Are you out of your frigging minds!? Paying £100's of your hard earned cash for a mobile phone pretending to be a handheld console - you should have saved yourself a lot of money and bought a GBA SP! Much better range of games, much better graphics, smaller and more portable (in a sense). Please don't tell me you bought an NGage as a handheld console!? Nokia have ripped you off good and proper! They should have left it to the professionals i.e. Nintendo, Sony etc. Its obvious they are trying to grab as much money from every market possible.

Give it 12-24 months, the NGage will be non-existent. I can't personally see how it will compete against the likes of the GBA SP. Developers will quickly realise its a waste of time, money and effort developing games for something which doesn't come close to the standards set out by Nintendo.

To: 6600 owners (me being one!)

Exceptional phone. Everything and more (thanks to Java/Symbian) you could ask for in a phone. It packs a lot and does well to keep a 'reasonable' size when you consider whats inside.

Its obvious Symbian and Java games are inferior to Ngage games - the fact that the 6600 is capable of playing NGage games is an added bonus. However, I'll still stick with my GBA SP if I wanted to play 'proper' games. Or even better (in some respects) get yourself a Gamepark 32 if you want to play new and old games! If you don't know what it is, I urge you to check it out.

IMO, if you couldn't decide on an Ngage or a 6600, overall you're better paying extra for a 6600 which has stacks of features which can play 'most' Ngage games anyway, and get yourself (or stick to playing proper games on a proper handheld console) a GBA SP. Lets face it, playing games on a mobile is just a gimmick really - i.e. its nice to have the luxury of carrying your phone around and whipping it out to blast a game when you're bored! But nothing compares to playing 'proper' games on a 'proper' handheld console. If you think the Ngage is competition with the GBA SP - you need your head seeing to!

tzeonn
24-11-2003, 04:36 PM
wat more can i sae, ignorant. stop ranting bout how good ur 6600 is, u cant install half the stuff meant to be able to. its good no doubt still, ngage is good too. u nv owned it, so dun comment on it. we ngage users love it.

Moli_T
24-11-2003, 05:45 PM
"btw..maybe u don't understand and i repeate: ANY GPU ON N-GAGE. SAME HARDWARE 6600 AND N-GAGE. it's obvious that 6600 can play an n-gage game without a gpu...the gpu doesn't exist!"

If the processor is good enough, it means it can do exactly what the GPU can do, maybe more.

In other words, there's all this fuss over n-gage having a GPU and playing 3D games, which is their argument for everything else being average to below average. The 6600 is an awesome phone with a huge amount of potential. It doesn't even need a GPU to churn out 3D games. the n-gage, apparently, does.

Btw, ive noticed that im playing DOOM more than any of the n-gage games available. The only game im really playing from the n-gage is sonic, and that's hardly a technically imressive game. Goes to show graphics dont make the game.

Well, I don't want to say what phone its better since the phones have differents uses.
The n-gage is made to play, and 6600 to work, but since they have software support they can emulate other type of uses.
The n-gage doesn't have GPU, 6600 and n-gage runs a ARM based micro at 104 MHz, that's why 6600 can play n-gage games. The difference btw the n-gage and the 6600 are these:
1- n-gage: AMR925 104MHz with DSP micro for sound and calls (Dual microprocessor system). MP3 and radio Hardware support with stereo output. 12MB free RAM after SO boot. Detecs more than 1 button pushed at the same time. Symbian 6.1
2- 6600: ARM9 104 MHz 10MB free RAM after SO boot. VGA digital camera. Symbian 7.0s

So they are the same phone, but the n-gage has a bit better hardware and without the camera, but I think they will sell a Bluetooth based camera soon. The SO it's the same, with it has some new features like CDWMA net support, and facilities for developers, but for people they're are the same. And with all the Symbian 6.1 devices in the market, do you think developers will take use of these new features? LOL

$300 vs. $600? What do you want to pay now?

See you.

Chris_Flowers
24-11-2003, 06:27 PM
Well, I don't want to say what phone its better since the phones have differents uses.

How can you say that, then say...

So they are the same phone, but the n-gage has a bit better hardware and without the camera

I thought you weren't going to say which was better hmm!? lol

And with all the Symbian 6.1 devices in the market, do you think developers will take use of these new features?

Erm, lets see developers could spend time and money making games specificly for the NGage OR they could spend time and money making games for the broad spectrum of Symbian devices with minimal change per device.

$300 vs. $600? What do you want to pay now?

$600 - you get what you pay for!

Want a phone, get a 6600 or other Nokia (or other make).
Want a handheld console, get a 'proper' one - get a GBA SP or GP32.

"See you" ;)

Chris_Flowers
24-11-2003, 06:37 PM
wat more can i sae, ignorant. stop ranting bout how good ur 6600 is, u cant install half the stuff meant to be able to. its good no doubt still, ngage is good too. u nv owned it, so dun comment on it. we ngage users love it.

I've extensively tested the Ngage via display models and I've friends who own them which I've used a lot. I have contacts at CPW who've shown me the Ngage and let me use it. I've read too many reviews and opinions on it also.

On the other side I've owned about 10 different Nokia phones. To top it, I've owned every model Gameboy released.

I think I have enough clout to state my oppinion and comment that in my oppinion, the Ngage is nothing but a quick money maker for Nokia that has absolutely no place in the handheld gaming market. There are better handheld consoles out there for a fraction of the price of an Ngage. It has no chances against the likes of the GBA SP and the Gamepark32.

I also have enough background knowledge with Nokia mobile phones to say that the 6600 is the best phone I've used.

Nuff said.

tester72
24-11-2003, 07:31 PM
after reading all posts here..
its meaningless in all the arguments....
and stop comparing n-gage wif GBA or watever...
can u make a phone call wif yr GBA or wat ever console?
install apps? can u send an MMS or SMS wif GBA?
rather than comapring wif the gaming device...
y not turn it the other way round...
N6600 and N-gage r both from nokia...
watever it is... they earn the profits from both sets sold...
wats there to compare?
a phone wif a camera.. and a phone wif gamin capablity.. are jus novelty.. its main function is still to make a call... dats y we called it a mobile phone...
if all this arguments is jus to make the thread popular... den carry on...
waste the time here... or rather y not spent the time in search of some other apps n games... and share around... wouldnt it be better?
NOkia announce dat in future, the games will only be playable on n-gage.. as reports oso said dat, they hav thot of the games being cracked b4 thay launch.. guess they will hav their way..
but i dun tink dats gonna stop ppl from getting it their way..
games out on market now ,i personally tink is still not up to the standards where users would rather pay den downloading from the internet..

Chris_Flowers
24-11-2003, 08:16 PM
and stop comparing n-gage wif GBA or watever...
can u make a phone call wif yr GBA or wat ever console?
install apps? can u send an MMS or SMS wif GBA?

Tell that to Nokia! They will tell you its a handheld gaming console with mobile phone capabilities. Hell, even their website is testiment to that. Goto www.nokia.com and click on phones. Then look in the list - NGage is not there, only their 'phones' are.

Also, if Nokia's intentions were to have the NGage compete in the mobile phone market, why are console retailers e.g. 'GAME' selling the NGage and its games?

rather than comapring wif the gaming device...
y not turn it the other way round...

Why!? Its marketed as a gaming device, its marketed as a handheld console - it makes perfect sense to compare it with the likes of the GBA or GP32!

wats there to compare?
a phone wif a camera.. and a phone wif gamin capablity..

Allow me to correct your sentence: 'a phone with a camera and gaming capability and a phone with gaming capability'

You're welcome!

Nokia announce dat in future, the games will only be playable on n-gage..

Yeah well I'll believe it when I see it! I can't see it happening as the hardware is similar, the change would have to be on the game development side surely. There will always be a clever dick who'll find a way round it.

i personally tink is still not up to the standards where users would rather pay den downloading from the internet..

Precisely! So go buy a GBA SP to play games instead!

BTW I think its great how its seemingly ok for the NGage owners to rip other phones to shreds, but as soon as someone says something bad about the NGage - its way out of order lol

Adios!

P.S. I seriously hope your appaling spelling is justified by lack of English language because if all those 'dat' and 'den' and 'wat' are intentional then you're a first class moron! This is a forum not a frigging text message! Or perhaps that says something about the average age of NGage owners...

tzeonn
24-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Chris_Flower, sth is really serious wrong wif u, putting gba and ngage in the same light is kinda insulting. yea, 6600 is great, i noe, ngage is great too. no point telling the whole world gba is more worth buying than a ngage. im sure we noe which fone is better, and we sure noe who to listen to.

and who not to listen to.

each has their own view, u see 6600 and gba onli, fine, stop saying ngage sucks, gba is better, stuff like tt. tis is a public forum, we share info, not impose ur own views.

thanx for tellin us ur great expertise wif nokia fones and gameboy devices, im sure mani of us here noe less than u do, and we sure are enlightened... one way or another.

Chris_Flowers
24-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Chris_Flower, sth is really serious wrong wif u, putting gba and ngage in the same light is kinda insulting.

Are you in the UK? Have you seen the TV advertisements for the N-Gage? The advert is purely promoting the N-Gage as a handheld gaming console. Why-o-why you think it is wrong for me to compare it to a GBA when clearly Nokia have seen fit to enter it in the same market is beyond me!

And thank you for completly not reading my post and glazing over the obvious evidence I provided to support the above.

yea, 6600 is great, i noe, ngage is great too. no point telling the whole world gba is more worth buying than a ngage. im sure we noe which fone is better, and we sure noe who to listen to and who not to listen to.

Good for you.

each has their own view

Agreed, but according to your rules we can't air them?

u see 6600 and gba onli, fine, stop saying ngage sucks, gba is better, stuff like tt. tis is a public forum, we share info, not impose ur own views.

And everyone is entitled to air their views and oppinions. This is not a dictatorship. I'm pretty certain that 'having an oppinion' is not banned on this forum.

thanx for tellin us ur great expertise wif nokia fones and gameboy devices, im sure mani of us here noe less than u do, and we sure are enlightened... one way or another.

You're welcome! Listen, you accused me of stating what I said assuming I'd absolutely no knowledge of the N-Gage. I chose to 'enlighten' you that I had. Not my fault you took offence.

Thanks muchly ;)

dj^^
24-11-2003, 10:34 PM
well...well enough...well personally i am a 6600 user...

but putting gba and n-gage into a serious compare...i think n-gage will still much more better than gba....

yes...indeed...each have their own views...but wat is the fact,IS the fact....

in terms of gaming well...n-gage DO lose out to gba...but no matter wat...n-gage is still a HANDPHONE/PHONE...so to a phone which can reach such standard...we can already consider it very good.and also n-gage itself can do much more than gaming....

so i do hope i didn't say anything wrong do i?

dj^^
24-11-2003, 10:36 PM
and about the comment u had given for the UK advetersing....

N-GAGE IS A handheld gaming console......in the HANDPHONE/PHONE world.

tzeonn
24-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Are you in the UK? Have you seen the TV advertisements for the N-Gage? The advert is purely promoting the N-Gage as a handheld gaming console. Why-o-why you think it is wrong for me to compare it to a GBA when clearly Nokia have seen fit to enter it in the same market is beyond me!

And thank you for completly not reading my post and glazing over the obvious evidence I provided to support the above.

Good for you.

Agreed, but according to your rules we can't air them?

And everyone is entitled to air their views and oppinions. This is not a dictatorship. I'm pretty certain that 'having an oppinion' is not banned on this forum.

You're welcome! Listen, you accused me of stating what I said assuming I'd absolutely no knowledge of the N-Gage. I chose to 'enlighten' you that I had. Not my fault you took offence.

Thanks muchly ;)

okok, u r right. u win, u the guru. hope u find a listener.

Moli_T
24-11-2003, 11:12 PM
For those who said N-GAGE isn't a phone: Try to use it without SIM card!

See ya.

Chris_Flowers
25-11-2003, 02:00 AM
For those who said N-GAGE isn't a phone: Try to use it without SIM card!

See ya.

Who said it wasn't a phone? Not me. I simply said its been entered into the console gaming market to compete with the likes of the GBA SP. I never said 'the N-GAGE is NOT a phone'.

cusaeng
25-11-2003, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE=Chris_Flowers]To: NGage owners

They should have left it to the professionals i.e. Nintendo, Sony etc. Its obvious they are trying to grab as much money from every market possible.

" is it just me or did sony have just as harsh reviews when they launched the playstation?. i guess untill you see what a product is capable of they sure your not goona wanna invest in one. and yess a mmc card wasnt the best format that nokia could have chosen to put there games on to but it was the same for the playstation. chips to play games were showing up as quick as the games them selfs. "

To: 6600 owners (me being one!)
Lets face it, playing games on a mobile is just a gimmick really - i.e. its nice to have the luxury of carrying your phone around and whipping it out to blast a game when you're bored! But nothing compares to playing 'proper' games on a 'proper' handheld console.

" so having apart from the camera, and video recordeder, the ngage and the 6600 are basicaly the same phone in a different wrapper. so if a phone is a phone and the ngage is a "gimick" to play games on isnt the 6600 just a gimick to record videos and take pis on. after all you can digital camcorders and cameras that do a mutch better job than what the 6600 can do. so if the 6600 is so great, why didnt nokia leave the camcorder and the cameraz to the pros like cannon, and koadaK ?.
i awate your reply

QUOTE]

cusaeng
25-11-2003, 03:50 AM
i find my self in a bit of a situation here. i am one of a team that work for orange, its a large uk mobile phone network that was started by hutchinson wampore. the team and i test a wide range of phones and i do feel that every phone is premoted in its own way. the ngage has allways been premoted as a phone that playes advanced game. not a "gbasp" or a "gp32" that makes phone calles, just like the 6600 has never been premoted as a phone that "can play SOME ngage games" but has a camera stuck in the back.

each phone is an indervidual item, just like you cant comprae a jag xj220 so a robin relient "plastic pig" sure they bothe do the same job, but they both have there own indervidual features,

Chris_Flowers
25-11-2003, 10:49 AM
each phone is an indervidual item, just like you cant comprae a jag xj220 so a robin relient "plastic pig" sure they bothe do the same job, but they both have there own indervidual features,

Then why did all the gaming mags and other publications have quotes like - 'N-GAGE gives the GBA a run for its money' etc.?

Nobody is denying that the N-GAGE and 6600 - or any other phone for that matter, have their own individual features.

Are you seriously telling me, that after seeing the UK advertisement for the N-GAGE 'This is where I got further with Lara then anyone else...' - all heavily promoting its games etc. TV adverts, the promotional material in stores like GAME, GAMESTATION etc. - I can't see how you can say that its 'always' been promoted as a phone!?

Bottom line, and allow me to clarify myself here...

PERSONALLY, that's PERSONALLY, in my oppinion, I think the N-GAGE is:
a) A waste of money
b) Inferior to other 'handheld gaming devices'
c) Aimed at the console market

But if you have one, if you want one, if you like it, if you love it - good for you! I'll stick with my 6600 and GBA SP thanks.

ZeuS82s
30-05-2004, 02:56 PM

i can't go in to the website...when go in it redirect me to
[/url]http://members.lycos.co.uk/asamirror2/[/url]

wad had happen???

tzeonn
30-05-2004, 03:24 PM
say, this thread is like 5 months old. and most sites wif ngage games are closed as soon as news gets leaked.

get it from irc. theres a irc faq in symbians faqs section.

shadowhunter
30-05-2004, 04:50 PM
fuck gaming on 6600

bahahahah man you serious? you really comparing a T68i with a 6600? man don't know what you're sniffing but hell it must be good

Neophyte88
30-05-2004, 05:38 PM

Duuuh , the 6600 sux at gameing, i bought my n-gage though i had a 6600 for ages!
The Sims alone is reason enough to buy it, i hardly touch my 6600 anymore, just for calling,record & texting. But if i had to choose i'd take the n-gage.
And im not some kinda fanboy or a game addict, n-gage just owns the S60 scene...

STOP RANTING THE N-GAGE IT'S A GREAT GADGET, UR JUST JEALOUS U CAN'T AFFORD IT SO GO SHOUT UR STUPID COMMENTS TO YOUR MOMMY, GROW UP FFS

Zenden
30-05-2004, 07:17 PM
It is a true fact n-gage fail! The sales result and even nokia itself admit it is a failure! It is even more stupid of them to introduce Q-gage with 4096k screen.They never learn.

Neophyte88
30-05-2004, 09:15 PM
If a device fails, does that mean it also sux?For Example DreamCast was totally owned PSO & N64 still it failed to reach the big.

Who says the n-gage fails anyway? It's like a year to PSP so nokia has enough time to prove itself, just cos like 99% of the n-gagers downloads cracks and is to ignorant to buy games, the n-gage may fail!

Just stop being a jealous noob and look at it reasonable...

Neophyte88
30-05-2004, 09:20 PM
The sales result and even nokia itself admit it is a failure!

Where did u read this? Any links?

shadowhunter
31-05-2004, 12:51 AM
Duuuh , the 6600 sux at gameing, i bought my n-gage though i had a 6600 for ages!
The Sims alone is reason enough to buy it, i hardly touch my 6600 anymore, just for calling,record & texting. But if i had to choose i'd take the n-gage.
And im not some kinda fanboy or a game addict, n-gage just owns the S60 scene...

STOP RANTING THE N-GAGE IT'S A GREAT GADGET, UR JUST JEALOUS U CAN'T AFFORD IT SO GO SHOUT UR STUPID COMMENTS TO YOUR MOMMY, GROW UP FFS

* dude the 6600 plays al the ngage games so don't say that is sux. if you can affort and are willing to buy them both good for you... but that is in fact a proof that you actually bought the ngage as a gaming console like the man above me stated

andre_1234564
31-05-2004, 07:06 AM
sorry for another post at this stupid debate, but all i have to say is that 6600 users (wich, in my view, keep "picking on" n-gage users) are using an argument wich is a bit simple in my view

"if you want a game console buy a gbasp or a gp32 or whateaver)

From my view, the n-gage is as much of a phone as the 6600. theyboth make calls, receive calls, same for text messages, and keep people's phone number, bla bla.

So its kinda odd people say if ya want a phone buy a 6600, not an n-gage.

the 6600 isn't exactly small, so the size matter isn't that relevant.

what does the 6600 have that the n-gage doesn't? a camera?
(Hey, if ya want a camera get a digi cam! ) -> sarcasm

the Java 2.0 or whateaver its called? ? how can that be usefull for a "phone"? hell, ive seen it for a couple of games...or maybe even one, and a Messanger app, nothing else...both aren't phone related.

6600 has more colours then the n-gage? what does that make it a better phone (phone as in using it just as a cell phone) . nothing - it can help with pictures i guess, and maybe with some games.

it has more internal memmory -> i don't think id ever fill up 4mb of memory with messages and contacts... and even if i did i had an mmc.
The memory is for apps or things, picutres, tthat , at least, most of them, aren't phone related.

the way i talk on the phone? its pretty normal after the 3rd call you make,m it isn't awckward at all, and all n-gage users won't say otherwise.

So, the main difference i guess, is the camera function.

and by this i can tell you, get a proper digi cam, because a cell phone camera isn't that good (apart from that new one with 3.2 megapixels),with a camera like a cellphone one, you won't find much use for it apart from using it to have some fun sending pics to friends and stuff. The camera isn't build for serious use!

The choice isn't between a phone and a game console, it between a phone that is a game console too, and an mp3 player, or a phone with a digi cam.

Me, personaly, i chose the games and the mp3 player (i know the 6600 can play mp3, but not with the same quality).

I could have gotten a 6600, but hey... i already have a good digi cam :D -> sarcasm again

this isn't bashing the 6600, its just an answer to an argument that i find ridiculous.

The n-gage is as much of a phone as teh 6600 is.

tester72
31-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Tell that to Nokia! They will tell you its a handheld gaming console with mobile phone capabilities. Hell, even their website is testiment to that. Goto www.nokia.com and click on phones. Then look in the list - NGage is not there, only their 'phones' are.

Also, if Nokia's intentions were to have the NGage compete in the mobile phone market, why are console retailers e.g. 'GAME' selling the NGage and its games?

Why!? Its marketed as a gaming device, its marketed as a handheld console - it makes perfect sense to compare it with the likes of the GBA or GP32!

Allow me to correct your sentence: 'a phone with a camera and gaming capability and a phone with gaming capability'

You're welcome!

Yeah well I'll believe it when I see it! I can't see it happening as the hardware is similar, the change would have to be on the game development side surely. There will always be a clever dick who'll find a way round it.

Precisely! So go buy a GBA SP to play games instead!

BTW I think its great how its seemingly ok for the NGage owners to rip other phones to shreds, but as soon as someone says something bad about the NGage - its way out of order lol

Adios!

P.S. I seriously hope your appaling spelling is justified by lack of English language because if all those 'dat' and 'den' and 'wat' are intentional then you're a first class moron! This is a forum not a frigging text message! Or perhaps that says something about the average age of NGage owners...

LOL... who u tink u r? correcting me? i see u r the only one havin problem readin my post. if u hav got nothing to say , dun tok about my spelling , u SOAB! i do wat i want! jus the way wat u wan to say about NGAGE n yr precious 6600! so u jolly well care yr own mother fucking business! u r such an ass. who ya tink u r. KNNBCCB! understand?! i dun waste time spelling out words for idiot like u ! u wanna compare? u moron! my country's english standards is way better than u ! dumbASS!

chintooo
31-05-2004, 10:24 AM
there u ppl go again ... behaving like kids
you ppl SERIOUSLY need to GROW UP !!

shadowhunter
31-05-2004, 12:16 PM
sorry for another post at this stupid debate, but all i have to say is that 6600 users (wich, in my view, keep "picking on" n-gage users) are using an argument wich is a bit simple in my view

"if you want a game console buy a gbasp or a gp32 or whateaver)

From my view, the n-gage is as much of a phone as the 6600. theyboth make calls, receive calls, same for text messages, and keep people's phone number, bla bla.

So its kinda odd people say if ya want a phone buy a 6600, not an n-gage.

the 6600 isn't exactly small, so the size matter isn't that relevant.

what does the 6600 have that the n-gage doesn't? a camera?
(Hey, if ya want a camera get a digi cam! ) -> sarcasm

the Java 2.0 or whateaver its called? ? how can that be usefull for a "phone"? hell, ive seen it for a couple of games...or maybe even one, and a Messanger app, nothing else...both aren't phone related.

6600 has more colours then the n-gage? what does that make it a better phone (phone as in using it just as a cell phone) . nothing - it can help with pictures i guess, and maybe with some games.

it has more internal memmory -> i don't think id ever fill up 4mb of memory with messages and contacts... and even if i did i had an mmc.
The memory is for apps or things, picutres, tthat , at least, most of them, aren't phone related.

the way i talk on the phone? its pretty normal after the 3rd call you make,m it isn't awckward at all, and all n-gage users won't say otherwise.

So, the main difference i guess, is the camera function.

and by this i can tell you, get a proper digi cam, because a cell phone camera isn't that good (apart from that new one with 3.2 megapixels),with a camera like a cellphone one, you won't find much use for it apart from using it to have some fun sending pics to friends and stuff. The camera isn't build for serious use!

The choice isn't between a phone and a game console, it between a phone that is a game console too, and an mp3 player, or a phone with a digi cam.

Me, personaly, i chose the games and the mp3 player (i know the 6600 can play mp3, but not with the same quality).

I could have gotten a 6600, but hey... i already have a good digi cam :D -> sarcasm again

this isn't bashing the 6600, its just an answer to an argument that i find ridiculous.

The n-gage is as much of a phone as teh 6600 is.

cause you don't think 6600 users feel pickt on by ngage users... like you say it yourself you're persuaded that your phone is better... in al my posts i try to say that witch phone you buy depends on taste and wath you're gonna do with it. but still you get comments that are clearly made without even reading my posts... some users are a litle frustrated i think thats all... i think we all shoul'd let it go and just enjoy the pfone we have. thats all

Zenden
31-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Where did u read this? Any links?

It is a wide know info that n-gage sales fail to live up to their CEO expectation! A product is consider failure when it is not making money.
N-gage fail and now it is to see whether N-gage QD will suceed

http://www.iggs.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=44

Zenden
31-05-2004, 12:46 PM
If a device fails, does that mean it also sux?For Example DreamCast was totally owned PSO & N64 still it failed to reach the big.

Who says the n-gage fails anyway? It's like a year to PSP so nokia has enough time to prove itself, just cos like 99% of the n-gagers downloads cracks and is to ignorant to buy games, the n-gage may fail!

Just stop being a jealous noob and look at it reasonable...

Indeed Dreamcast and N-64 sucks! Abt the jealous part,for info I enjoying myself with my GBA with a lot of exciting titles.While my friend who is a n-gage owner complain short of top-notch titles like GBA! Only short of money prevent him from getting a GBA.Selling n-gage will not help as it fetch little money,not enough to get him a decent hp! Hahaha!!

Neophyte88
31-05-2004, 12:49 PM
it's sales are dissapointing, not a failure

PLease close this thread before people get bannend here

ZeuS82s
31-05-2004, 01:40 PM
say, this thread is like 5 months old. and most sites wif ngage games are closed as soon as news gets leaked.

get it from irc. theres a irc faq in symbians faqs section.

hey tzeonn.... wads e channel??? thx pal.... :) :D

gophermaster
31-05-2004, 01:57 PM
SERVER: EFnet
CHANNEL: #mediaplace or #aivanet

rhai
31-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Can all of you 6600 users finish tony hawk and rayman 3 with a 5-way directional joystick???

Can all of you 6600 users listen to stereo sound mp3's?

Can all of you 6600 users can use long and i mean long mp3's as a ringtone?

Whick is faster? Sending 100mb of data via bluetooth/IR or just sending 100mb of data by just using your usb cable.

Do you use your camera everyday? well, i use my "stereo sound" mp3's everyday..

What about the price? well???

If you but a mmc card reader then how much will be the cost of your phone + the mmc reader?

How many apps/games can you play with the 6600?

You cant even play right when you use your phones. I mean when u need to push your joystick diagonally...

Can the gba play mp3's and use it to view web pages?

Can you make calls with your gba?

Can you play sega megadrive games on your gba?

Can the gba make you listen to fm radio?

If you buy a 6600 + a mmc reader/writer + a gba, how much does it cost?

Dont you ever say something about the n-gage co'z you dint own it yet...

The only thing that the 6600 can do is themes and i'ts camera... nothing else...

By the way, I also use my n-nage as a removable drive!!!

I dont need a compact flash drive's anymore...

rhai
31-05-2004, 02:55 PM
* dude the 6600 plays al the ngage games so don't say that is sux. if you can affort and are willing to buy them both good for you... but that is in fact a proof that you actually bought the ngage as a gaming console like the man above me stated

the 6600 cant play all of the ngage games!!! well, play splinter cell on your 6600 and lets see...

v7e6j5
31-05-2004, 04:22 PM
the 6600 cant play all of the ngage games!!! well, play splinter cell on your 6600 and lets see...

@ last count only 7 ngage games can be played on the 6600. & they r most if not all of the earlier games that first came out 4 the ngage.

Zenden
31-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Can all of you 6600 users finish tony hawk and rayman 3 with a 5-way directional joystick???

Can all of you 6600 users listen to stereo sound mp3's?

Can all of you 6600 users can use long and i mean long mp3's as a ringtone?

Whick is faster? Sending 100mb of data via bluetooth/IR or just sending 100mb of data by just using your usb cable.

Do you use your camera everyday? well, i use my "stereo sound" mp3's everyday..

What about the price? well???

If you but a mmc card reader then how much will be the cost of your phone + the mmc reader?

How many apps/games can you play with the 6600?

You cant even play right when you use your phones. I mean when u need to push your joystick diagonally...

Can the gba play mp3's and use it to view web pages?

Can you make calls with your gba?

Can you play sega megadrive games on your gba?

Can the gba make you listen to fm radio?

If you buy a 6600 + a mmc reader/writer + a gba, how much does it cost?

Dont you ever say something about the n-gage co'z you dint own it yet...

The only thing that the 6600 can do is themes and i'ts camera... nothing else...

By the way, I also use my n-nage as a removable drive!!!

I dont need a compact flash drive's anymore...

I use the camera everyday,plus video recording.That is why I buy a nokia 6600! ??? Can ngage do it?

tzeonn
31-05-2004, 05:06 PM
oh, not another ngage cant do this, 6600 can issue.

i used to join in and retort others. now i haf learnt

im gonna sit by the side and watch :-P

v7e6j5
01-06-2004, 12:29 AM
oh, not another ngage cant do this, 6600 can issue.

i used to join in and retort others. now i haf learnt

im gonna sit by the side and watch :-P

I agree with u Tzeonn, me myself i'm just gonna sit back & watch & laugh.

gophermaster
01-06-2004, 11:26 AM
It's sort of humerous... As though anyone really cares who has the better mobile phone...

joetilo
01-06-2004, 12:17 PM
LOL, another thread for 6600 owners to show us how ignorant they are..

oh and altho this was bout reviews, the topic of reviewing ngage games for 6600 has been covered extensively before - and nothing has really changed (that hasnt been put in the original thread).. plus you're already lookin the tool by saying they're ported.. lol

but since i like to humour morons, i'll play along..

tonyhawks for n-gage on 6600:
slightly slower than playing on n-gage (extra b/g processes on 6600 o/s). you can test this in a 2 player race against an n-gage.. good luck winning on a 6600 as you're at a disadvantage ;) you also can't do all the moves because u cant press 2 buttons at the same time (eg. up+left). if u can get over the fact you'll probably get bored with the basic moves pretty quick - at least it works.. if you've never played it on an n-gage, you probably wont notice the difference and just think they've cut it down from the original console version.

w00.. geez, ignorance really is bliss. :)

Zenden
01-06-2004, 01:15 PM
http://blogs.lawrence.com/gamer/entries/393

http://www.cdslash.net/archives/000009.html

http://forum.tjc.edu.sg/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2057&whichpage=2

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/489/489821p2.html

http://www.radicalbender.com/blog/archives/000461.php

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/238790.asp?site=GSBUY

http://www.ultramookie.com/comments/619_0_1_0_C

http://www.armchairempire.com/Features/n-gage.htm

http://www.gamersjournal.com/27.html

N-gage is terrible!

gophermaster
01-06-2004, 01:26 PM
*sigh* Nobody cares which is better. :rolleyes:

Iceman5
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
lol... ok i just have to answer this! xP

- Can all of you 6600 users finish tony hawk and rayman 3 with a 5-way directional joystick???
no, but who the hell plays rayman anyways?? tony hawk isnt that good either. i wouldnt have it on the phone if i had an n-gage

- Can all of you 6600 users listen to stereo sound mp3's?
no we cant. and this is a minus i agree... but still. the quality sux. not compared to other mobiles but compared to music players like net MDs for example.

- Can all of you 6600 users can use long and i mean long mp3's as a ringtone?
I dunno. never tried. i always use midi files as ringtones. call me crazy but if u ask me a mp3 or wav file is NOT a ringtone.... its real audio. so im happy with my alex kidd midi xD

- Whick is faster? Sending 100mb of data via bluetooth/IR or just sending 100mb of data by just using your usb cable.
sending with usb is faster. but i dont have to plug in any cables...i dont even need to think about where the phone (is if its recharging for example). ill just right click and choose send and BANG its there! can u use ur phone as a remote control??? ill say this is a +++++ to the phone.

- Do you use your camera everyday? well, i use my "stereo sound" mp3's everyday..
not only do i use it everyday... i use it all day long!!! taking pictures or videorecording everything i see. then i can show it to my friends. if i could choose either a camera and mono OR stereo. i would pick camera and mono, if thats what ur saying.

- What about the price? well???
the n-gage is cheap coz ur "supposed" to buy the games. i also think that the 6600 price is a bit high but its worth it! a real quality product!

- If you but a mmc card reader then how much will be the cost of your phone + the mmc reader?
dude, do u know how ridiculously cheap mmc readers are?

- How many apps/games can you play with the 6600?
tons!! i dont know of any difference here compared to n-gage...

- You cant even play right when you use your phones. I mean when u need to push your joystick diagonally...
eh... we cant play right?? n-gage and QD are the only 2 phones with a 8 way pad. that means n-gage and QD are the only phones that can play games right? well if so thats coz its a gaming phone. its better for games. but the other phones can still play them right...

- Can the gba play mp3's and use it to view web pages?
YES! i can play mp3 files ideed. it cant browse the web but i got my 6600 for that remember? hehe

- Can you make calls with your gba?
hmm.. now that would be cool lol

- Can you play sega megadrive games on your gba?
nope. can ur n-gage play SNES? my gba can... can it play sega master system? my gba can... and it also got a nearly perfect NES emu with full speed and sound. it also got much better compability than yewnes. my 6600 plays megadrive so thats good xP

- Can the gba make you listen to fm radio?
with a very cheap addon it can. it can also view TV with another cheap addon. its $ 40 i think... can n-gage? (im not talking about streamed TV)

- If you buy a 6600 + a mmc reader/writer + a gba, how much does it cost?
alot. thats true. i already had my gba when i got my phone tho

- Dont you ever say something about the n-gage co'z you dint own it yet...
I dont own it but ive tried it many times. my mate has one

- The only thing that the 6600 can do is themes and i'ts camera... nothing else...
well those two tings are pretty neat if you ask me! oh and it also has ir remote lol thats pretty neat too

- By the way, I also use my n-nage as a removable drive!!!
with a mmc card reader that can be the same for every phone

- I dont need a compact flash drive's anymore...

dont get me wrong coz im not a n-gage hater AT ALL!! i think its a wonderfull phone! its very good! but it seems like ur a 6600 hater so thats why i just had to answer ur questions. i would really love to have a radio and a 8-way pad for games. but its just a phone after all.

phew... long post

DarkSaber
01-06-2004, 08:12 PM
We came a long,long way in the 'Mine Vs Yours' history...I mean

Zx Spectum Vs C64
Amiga Vs Atari ST
Nintendo Vs Master System (my poor PC Engine...where you are?)
MegaDrive Vs SNES
Saturn Vs PS ONE
Dreamcast Vs PS2
PS2 Vs Rest Of The World

What's next?

6600 Vs N-Gage!

What a laugh!

DarkSaber
01-06-2004, 08:30 PM
LOL, another thread for 6600 owners to show us how ignorant they are..

Why not consider being less offensive to all the 6600 owners (there are lots) of this great forum?
You proved to be a supponent and boorish guy.

rhai
04-06-2004, 05:44 AM
lol... ok i just have to answer this! xP

- Can all of you 6600 users finish tony hawk and rayman 3 with a 5-way directional joystick???
no, but who the hell plays rayman anyways?? tony hawk isnt that good either. i wouldnt have it on the phone if i had an n-gage

- Can all of you 6600 users listen to stereo sound mp3's?
no we cant. and this is a minus i agree... but still. the quality sux. not compared to other mobiles but compared to music players like net MDs for example.

- Can all of you 6600 users can use long and i mean long mp3's as a ringtone?
I dunno. never tried. i always use midi files as ringtones. call me crazy but if u ask me a mp3 or wav file is NOT a ringtone.... its real audio. so im happy with my alex kidd midi xD

- Whick is faster? Sending 100mb of data via bluetooth/IR or just sending 100mb of data by just using your usb cable.
sending with usb is faster. but i dont have to plug in any cables...i dont even need to think about where the phone (is if its recharging for example). ill just right click and choose send and BANG its there! can u use ur phone as a remote control??? ill say this is a +++++ to the phone.

- Do you use your camera everyday? well, i use my "stereo sound" mp3's everyday..
not only do i use it everyday... i use it all day long!!! taking pictures or videorecording everything i see. then i can show it to my friends. if i could choose either a camera and mono OR stereo. i would pick camera and mono, if thats what ur saying.

- What about the price? well???
the n-gage is cheap coz ur "supposed" to buy the games. i also think that the 6600 price is a bit high but its worth it! a real quality product!

- If you but a mmc card reader then how much will be the cost of your phone + the mmc reader?
dude, do u know how ridiculously cheap mmc readers are?

- How many apps/games can you play with the 6600?
tons!! i dont know of any difference here compared to n-gage...

- You cant even play right when you use your phones. I mean when u need to push your joystick diagonally...
eh... we cant play right?? n-gage and QD are the only 2 phones with a 8 way pad. that means n-gage and QD are the only phones that can play games right? well if so thats coz its a gaming phone. its better for games. but the other phones can still play them right...

- Can the gba play mp3's and use it to view web pages?
YES! i can play mp3 files ideed. it cant browse the web but i got my 6600 for that remember? hehe

- Can you make calls with your gba?
hmm.. now that would be cool lol

- Can you play sega megadrive games on your gba?
nope. can ur n-gage play SNES? my gba can... can it play sega master system? my gba can... and it also got a nearly perfect NES emu with full speed and sound. it also got much better compability than yewnes. my 6600 plays megadrive so thats good xP

- Can the gba make you listen to fm radio?
with a very cheap addon it can. it can also view TV with another cheap addon. its $ 40 i think... can n-gage? (im not talking about streamed TV)

- If you buy a 6600 + a mmc reader/writer + a gba, how much does it cost?
alot. thats true. i already had my gba when i got my phone tho

- Dont you ever say something about the n-gage co'z you dint own it yet...
I dont own it but ive tried it many times. my mate has one

- The only thing that the 6600 can do is themes and i'ts camera... nothing else...
well those two tings are pretty neat if you ask me! oh and it also has ir remote lol thats pretty neat too

- By the way, I also use my n-nage as a removable drive!!!
with a mmc card reader that can be the same for every phone

- I dont need a compact flash drive's anymore...

dont get me wrong coz im not a n-gage hater AT ALL!! i think its a wonderfull phone! its very good! but it seems like ur a 6600 hater so thats why i just had to answer ur questions. i would really love to have a radio and a 8-way pad for games. but its just a phone after all.

phew... long post

Nope, i'm not a 6600 hater either...

I'ts just that many people are picking on the n-gage in which they have their own functionalities.

Iceman, if you'll just read the prevoius posts...

As i just said, i'm not a 6600 hater.
I'm just telling the advantage of the n-gage over the 6600.

And yet I also know the advantages of the 6600.

These two phones has their own features.

I'm just upset on biassed people here pickin on the n-gage... :evil:

Iceman5
04-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Nope, i'm not a 6600 hater either...

I'ts just that many people are picking on the n-gage in which they have their own functionalities.

Iceman, if you'll just read the prevoius posts...

As i just said, i'm not a 6600 hater.
I'm just telling the advantage of the n-gage over the 6600.

And yet I also know the advantages of the 6600.

These two phones has their own features.

I'm just upset on biassed people here pickin on the n-gage... :evil:
Thats ok. i can understand ur frustration, and i totaly agree with u. im also fedup of it. but i still dont think n-gagers are any better. for example when they found out that n-gage games wouldnt run on 6600 more they were all laughing of us and really enjoying themselves.

but lots of 6600 users (most of them) are really pissing me off too. even tho i have a 6600 myself.

rhai
07-06-2004, 05:54 AM
Thats ok. i can understand ur frustration, and i totaly agree with u. im also fedup of it. but i still dont think n-gagers are any better. for example when they found out that n-gage games wouldnt run on 6600 more they were all laughing of us and really enjoying themselves.

but lots of 6600 users (most of them) are really pissing me off too. even tho i have a 6600 myself.

Yep! nothing is better...

The difference that these two products makes lies between the users.

If the really like gaming and doesnt mind if they dont have a cam then they should get an n-gage.

But, if they really want the cam, then they should get the 6600...

I'ts just in the peaples tastes...

Danyulland
12-06-2004, 11:10 PM
I personally own a 6600, its the best thing i ever bought.on the way to college i sit and watch flawlessly high fps/high quality episodes of the simpsons, listen to mp3 whilst my college lecturer bores me with his indesgrescent monotone voice.Play games symbian/n-gage/emulated.

As for n-gage i could feel a complete nerd pulling it out of my pocket and answering it ... errrggg. http://fscklog.typepad.com/fsck/ngage-thumb.jpg
The only big plus with n-gage is stereo sound support.

Symbian games rock. Rally pro contests shites on sega rally n-gages ass :P

All ngage games work which i want to work on my 6600. Although hard to control i'd rather have a vertical phone then a horizontal one.

It's all about choice. 6600 works for me because i was looking for a new PHONE!

for me its a phone/movieplayer/camera/mp3 player/game machine.

People who bought n-gage were looking for a HANDHELD GAME CONSOLE>

and there preference is probably game machine/mp3/phone

nuff said.

iNF|NiTY
13-06-2004, 02:17 PM
This whole thing is laughable. Oh yes n-gage sucks, thats why 6600 users complain all the time about running its games...hrmm.

zhenyu21
23-06-2004, 08:13 AM
Me being a ngage owner and buying original ngage games....

YOU 6600 ASSHOLES OUT THERE ARE JUST DOWNLOADING THESE GAMES, getting them for FREE. At least we ngage owners buy the freaking games, you pirates play the games for FREE. Talking about how good the 6600 is and stuff, but still the same, nokia is losing money wif you asholes out there downloading these games.

tzeonn
23-06-2004, 11:46 AM
hey, watch ur language, and post in a more mature way.

dun tell me u buy all the apps/games/mp3s for ur phone?

Iceman5
23-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Me being a ngage owner and buying original ngage games....

YOU 6600 ASSHOLES OUT THERE ARE JUST DOWNLOADING THESE GAMES, getting them for FREE. At least we ngage owners buy the freaking games, you pirates play the games for FREE. Talking about how good the 6600 is and stuff, but still the same, nokia is losing money wif you asholes out there downloading these games.
lol oh no they DONT! n-gagers dont buy the games... ok maybe u do but ive heard that only 4% of all n-gage users buy all their games. most 6600 users dont even know that it can play n-gage games. belive me there are alot more n-gagers than 6600ers that download games. i for example dont have any n-gage games coz u know what? they all suck on 6600 coz of no 9-way pad

zhenyu21
23-06-2004, 12:19 PM
at least i try to HELP nokia survive. Its not like i went, oh god, the games are soooo expensive, lets encourage piracy by downloading them and put it in my phone.

TO MOD: I am talking about ngage games, not anything else...... Pls remember that. THX

tzeonn
23-06-2004, 01:20 PM
TO MOD: I am talking about ngage games, not anything else...... Pls remember that. THX

YOU 6600 ASSHOLES OUT .....

nokia is losing money wif you asholes out

and im talking bout u having a bit of respect for others and for yourself.

regards.

zhenyu21
23-06-2004, 02:55 PM
dun tell me u buy all the apps/games/mp3s for ur phone?

i was answering the question above, OK?

Iceman5
23-06-2004, 03:31 PM
i was answering the question above, OK?
so downloading cracked apps and games is fine but n-gage games? noooooo thats a crime! thats what ur saying...

how many games have u bought? if i were to guess i would say 1 - 4?? if so i payed more to nokia then u did!!! my phone was twice as expencive as urs so dont come here and blame the 6600ers. n-gagers are just as (or even more) guilty in this matter.

if u try to help nokia survive, that means i try harder!

zhenyu21
23-06-2004, 04:08 PM
so downloading cracked apps and games is fine but n-gage games? noooooo thats a crime! thats what ur saying...

how many games have u bought? if i were to guess i would say 1 - 4?? if so i payed more to nokia then u did!!! my phone was twice as expencive as urs so dont come here and blame the 6600ers. n-gagers are just as (or even more) guilty in this matter.

if u try to help nokia survive, that means i try harder!

LOL, come on, I OWN 8 (that's right 8 ) original ngage games. When you add those... You get the deal.

And I did say that i "try". Its not like you don't have cracked apps and java games. But when it comes to ngage games, you guys don't even care about nokia and just download all of it through the internet.... (esp. 6600ers)

Talk about you helping nokia to survive. What a laugh....

Iceman5
23-06-2004, 04:32 PM
LOL, come on, I OWN 8 (that's right 8 ) original ngage games. When you add those... You get the deal.

And I did say that i "try". Its not like you don't have cracked apps and java games. But when it comes to ngage games, you guys don't even care about nokia and just download all of it through the internet.... (esp. 6600ers)

ur forgetting something... most of the money that comes in from games goes the the manufactros of the games... and not nokia!! oops! 8 n-gage games thats quite impressive... at least ur helping all the other companies survive while nokia dies. and i think ur information is incorrect. we dont download games just like that. and as i sed i dont have any on the phone. the good games doesnt work on 6600 at all! like sims, tigerwoods etc. ashen partly works but its hard to get it to work and the colours are funky. n-gagers download more games than 6600 users! u just have to agree on that one im afraid. its so easy for u guys and they all work 100%. yeah sure i have cracked symbian apps but those money doesnt go to nokia. u were talking about making nokia die.

zhenyu21
23-06-2004, 07:37 PM
hahahaha, did you know :
that in a typical game (XBOX, PS2, GC). They have to pay royalities to the console maker. Its about $10-15 per game..... Look who got there facts wrong....
Since the ngage platform isn't really typical, did you notice that most of the ngage games are published by nokia (except EA). This means that nokia FORGOS the royalities and pays the manufacturing, sales, distribution, development and marketing of these games.
So, pple, by downloading these games, MAKES nokia LOSE money... I am talking about that. Do you even think in depth.....LOL

And 1 more thing.... its a good thing that these new pirated games don't work, maybe its a bliss for nokia, maybe nokia did it. We will never know. But the fact that there are still other older games that the OTHER s60 phones can play (Sonic on a 3650, most games on a 6600 ) does allow you to downplay this pirate situation.....

Iceman5
23-06-2004, 09:45 PM
that in a typical game (XBOX, PS2, GC). They have to pay royalities to the console maker. Its about $10-15 per game.....
of course! i sed MOST of the money... a n-gage game is $40 isnt it?

one thing. why are u blaming 6600 users only? just curious... it amost sounds like ur jealous! now i already know that ull say no, but if so, then why are blaming us?? i see no other reason than that. it sounds like ur jealous coz another phone can play ur n-gage games

zhenyu21
24-06-2004, 06:11 AM
[QUOTE=zhenyu21]
Since the ngage platform isn't really typical, did you notice that most of the ngage games are published by nokia (except EA). This means that nokia FORGOS the royalities and pays the manufacturing, sales, distribution, development and marketing of these games.
So, pple, by downloading these games, MAKES nokia LOSE money... I am talking about that. Do you even think in depth.....LOL
QUOTE]

hahahax again, did you read this paragraph at all?
Addition to what i have said above, nokia pays the money before the game even hit shelves, its like a future investment but there are no or little return because ppl keep downloading pirated games from the internet.

And no i am not jealous.... LOL My QD has a hot swap MMC and a BL-6C battery.
And due to compatibility issues, i hell ain't gonna get myself a symbian 7 phone....

[QUOTE=iceman5]
one thing. why are u blaming 6600 users only? just curious... it amost sounds like ur jealous! now i already know that ull say no, but if so, then why are blaming us?? i see no other reason than that. it sounds like ur jealous coz another phone can play ur n-gage games
QUOTE]

The thing is i did say sonic N can be played on 3650....

reficul_x
24-06-2004, 09:54 AM
honestly,

zhenyu21, can u shut the **** up? whining and whining until now. what do u think u r doing? being righteous? writing essays? :lol:

everybody have their own opinions and do things differently. yes, u are soooo honourable, buying originals, hope nokia thank you for that.

now jus quit whining and spamming here, WITH ur OPINIONS... we heard enuff and we heard you. pls continue and live with ur idealistic world, in ur own world.

@iceman5, chill out!!! u are iceman! u shouldnt heat up!!! :lol:

guess this thread should be closed, getting out of topic now...for so long....

zhenyu21
24-06-2004, 10:23 AM
honestly,

zhenyu21, can u shut the **** up? whining and whining until now. what do u think u r doing? being righteous? writing essays? :lol:

everybody have their own opinions and do things differently. yes, u are soooo honourable, buying originals, hope nokia thank you for that.

now jus quit whining and spamming here, WITH ur OPINIONS... we heard enuff and we heard you. pls continue and live with ur idealistic world, in ur own world.

@iceman5, chill out!!! u are iceman! u shouldnt heat up!!! :lol:

guess this thread should be closed, getting out of topic now...for so long....

hell i am not whinning, so i guess scolding **** is ok eh? I don't really know, i always try to respect people. But not you reficul_X...

honestly too,
why don't you just stfu? Cause this is a forum, and this is my reply, my opinon.

I am not trying to be righteous, but if ngage dies, ppl who download these games are the main culpurits.....

So you just mind your own business and NOT BE a busybody.....

tzeonn
24-06-2004, 10:56 AM
chill down guys. 8-)

sounds like someone got a serious problem with themself. :rolleyes:

or do i have to start warning ppl? :-x

relax~~~ ;)

Iceman5
24-06-2004, 02:16 PM
ok sure thing tzeonn :D

hahahax again, did you read this paragraph at all?

i checked n-gage.com and only 1 of the games are published my nokia.... thats right, ONE. which is ashen... the 18 others are published by either EA, sega or gamloft + some others...

oh... u have the qd? that means u payed even less (i know the phone is cheaper to make too). anyway... that means 6600 is 4 times as expencive as qd. u need to buy at least 20 games to even be near the same prize as 6600 then

ok im done now! bye

dj^^
24-06-2004, 11:02 PM

ermm...can see that u may be a new user in the forum...u may had not post anything wrong on this thread...

and u own 8 ORIGINAL ngage games...hmmm...remarkable...LOL
wahahahhaha

hey hey...this is Nkfree....this is a Nokia Flash REVERSE Electronic Engineering

i do not wan to mention more.hope u understand wat i mean.....u may like to have a poll who had more that 5 ORIGINAL n-gage game in the whole forum do u?

reficul_x
25-06-2004, 06:01 AM
hell i am not whinning, so i guess scolding **** is ok eh? I don't really know, i always try to respect people. But not you reficul_X...

honestly too,
why don't you just stfu? Cause this is a forum, and this is my reply, my opinon.

I am not trying to be righteous, but if ngage dies, ppl who download these games are the main culpurits.....

So you just mind your own business and NOT BE a busybody.....

ok, sooowi boy,

i mind my own biz now and hope u can sleep beta now... good luck with ur whine... and ur self-righteousness.... tata! :lol: :lol: :lol:

zhenyu21
25-06-2004, 11:55 AM
To iceman5:
Sorry to say this, but maybe you should check out gamespot and gamespy.
I agree with you that Ngage users can download these games even easier than you guys. But i am trying to say that as Ngage owners, at least we could help nokia by buying originals, but other s60 users can't buy originals at all. So they do this....
btw, gameloft can't possibly PUBLISH a game.... check out their website....
oh well nevermind, guess you'll never understand complexity....

To dj^^:
First things first, i am not new here.
Yeah, i guess this is nkfree, and there are a lot of stuff to d/l here. Maybe i came to the wrong forum to post my opinon. But since i did that already,i am gonna stand by it....

To reficul_x:
ok... sorrie bus 3,
i will mind my bis too, if you just stfu, really, stfu, and maybe you'll end up sleeping better than me..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iceman5
25-06-2004, 01:17 PM
To iceman5:
Sorry to say this, but maybe you should check out gamespot and gamespy.
I agree with you that Ngage users can download these games even easier than you guys. But i am trying to say that as Ngage owners, at least we could help nokia by buying originals, but other s60 users can't buy originals at all. So they do this....
btw, gameloft can't possibly PUBLISH a game.... check out their website....
oh well nevermind, guess you'll never understand complexity....
thats ok. but as dj sed, i dont think ull find any1 here with more than 5 n-gage games. most ppl here have either 0 or only 1 game. hmm... maybe i got it all wrong but to me the PUBLISHER is the company that PUBLISH the game, no?? at n-gage.com it clearly ses "Publisher: Gameloft" on some games like splintercell for example. but i might have misunderstod it. maybe u can enlighten me???

tzeonn
25-06-2004, 01:26 PM
hmmm... i do know of 2 ppl on nfree who got all the games.

just because u got 8 games, doesnt mean u can call someone to stfu.

y not just leave it all and post proper stuff instead of asking everyone to stfu.

zhenyu21
25-06-2004, 01:36 PM
thats ok. but as dj sed, i dont think ull find any1 here with more than 5 n-gage games. most ppl here have either 0 or only 1 game. hmm... maybe i got it all wrong but to me the PUBLISHER is the company that PUBLISH the game, no?? at n-gage.com it clearly ses "Publisher: Gameloft" on some games like splintercell for example. but i might have misunderstod it. maybe u can enlighten me???

The publisher is the company that publishes the game, you're right. But in these games, its is not gameloft. The point is, gameloft is a company under UBI SOFT that makes mobile games, i am sure you have heard of the company before. Basically, its is a small company. All gameloft games are co published by Nokia. Nokia does not want you to realise that, so the publisher is nokia. As a publisher, gameloft will have to pay all the commericals, manufacturing, and distribution for the game. Unfortunately, it does not have the capital to do so. The whole point is, Nokia co-publish games.

And if you think again, why would these companies want to invest on a small handheld that is not received well enough? Obviously there are some incentives for them to do so. Even EA developed games for ngage, after their CEO said that ngage sucked....

I don't mean to insult you or anything, if you do feel tt, i apologise.

zhenyu21
25-06-2004, 01:40 PM
hmmm... i do know of 2 ppl on nfree who got all the games.

just because u got 8 games, doesnt mean u can call someone to stfu.

y not just leave it all and post proper stuff instead of asking everyone to stfu.

so what would you do if someone said that u are whinning and spamming and tells you to shut the ................ up?
I would not be so pissed if tt guy had talked to me nicely.

tzeonn
25-06-2004, 01:45 PM
so wat would u do if someone pops up all of a sudden and says "u ngage assholes, getting all the games cracked and stuff".

this is a forum alright, but not an outlet for u to show ur disgust for users.

there are many ways to look at things. just like ppl get cracks, for many reasons, like for gaming, no credit card, etc.

and there are ppl earning money selling ngage cracked games. these are truly wrong cases.

so wat if ppl dl ngage games on 6600. theres games, there will b ppl getting them. just because of a few, u got all out to scold 6600 users assholes? some of them even pay for javas, then extract it to b shared.

zhenyu21
25-06-2004, 01:52 PM
so wat would u do if someone pops up all of a sudden and says "u ngage assholes, getting all the games cracked and stuff".

this is a forum alright, but not an outlet for u to show ur disgust for users.

there are many ways to look at things. just like ppl get cracks, for many reasons, like for gaming, no credit card, etc.

and there are ppl earning money selling ngage cracked games. these are truly wrong cases.

so wat if ppl dl ngage games on 6600. theres games, there will b ppl getting them. just because of a few, u got all out to scold 6600 users assholes? some of them even pay for javas, then extract it to b shared.

good thing i'm not one of them....
like i said b4, ngage owners have a choice to help, but when the rest of the s60 owners want to play... they can't buy originals, so they do this....
i apologise for those comments i made b4, but i can't stand it when someone call you whinning n spamming and tell you to stfu. If he did not use it on me, i would not have said that.

Iceman5
25-06-2004, 01:58 PM
The publisher is the company that publishes the game, you're right. But in these games, its is not gameloft. The point is, gameloft is a company under UBI SOFT that makes mobile games, i am sure you have heard of the company before. Basically, its is a small company. All gameloft games are co published by Nokia. Nokia does not want you to realise that, so the publisher is nokia. As a publisher, gameloft will have to pay all the commericals, manufacturing, and distribution for the game. Unfortunately, it does not have the capital to do so. The whole point is, Nokia co-publish games.

And if you think again, why would these companies want to invest on a small handheld that is not received well enough? Obviously there are some incentives for them to do so. Even EA developed games for ngage, after their CEO said that ngage sucked....

I don't mean to insult you or anything, if you do feel tt, i apologise.
ahhh i see.... well i was just confused coz of what it sed on the website

Iceman5
25-06-2004, 02:03 PM
like i said b4, ngage owners have a choice to help
yes, but what do they choose??? they still choose to download so it doesnt make much of a difference. well exept u and a few other who buy them. thats good... i dont have anything against downloading cracks. and if nokia dies...... well, they should have made a better crack protection :lol: :lol:

zhenyu21
25-06-2004, 02:09 PM
yes, but what do they choose??? they still choose to download so it doesnt make much of a difference. well exept u and a few other who buy them. thats good... i dont have anything against downloading cracks. and if nokia dies...... well, they should have made a better crack protection :lol: :lol:

well, thats why i guess some of the recent games don't work on other s60 phones. NOKIA DID THIS...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
no puns intended.

reficul_x
25-06-2004, 08:10 PM
good thing i'm not one of them....
like i said b4, ngage owners have a choice to help, but when the rest of the s60 owners want to play... they can't buy originals, so they do this....
i apologise for those comments i made b4, but i can't stand it when someone call you whinning n spamming and tell you to stfu. If he did not use it on me, i would not have said that.

thats rite! if u din respect pple in the begining, do u think that i treat u so hostile?

this is a forum, not a place for fight. we TRY to live in harmony here! n not callin pple names, like arseh*les, etc.... rem that!

oh for ur info, forum = noun [C]
1) a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest:
a forum for debate/discussion

2) a place on the Internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time:
Discussion forums are a way of contacting people with similar interests from all over the world.

hehehe, jus felt like trying to kill some myopic view on forums and some of my personal opinions.

well, peace to all~ :)

JG1410
25-06-2004, 08:36 PM
thats rite! if u din respect pple in the begining, do u think that i treat u so hostile?

this is a forum, not a place for fight. we TRY to live in harmony here! n not callin pple names, like arseh*les, etc.... rem that!

oh for ur info, forum = noun [C]
1) a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest:
a forum for debate/discussion

2) a place on the Internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time:
Discussion forums are a way of contacting people with similar interests from all over the world.

hehehe, jus felt like trying to kill some myopic view on forums and some of my personal opinions.

well, peace to all~ :)

Inte'R'esting, reficul_x. Pasting the meaning of Forum here. Perhaps more should understand the real nationale of having such forum. To share common interests, that why you & me joined this forum. And not biting on each other tails with scornful, hurting words just to salvage your own ass (oops sorri, i mind my language next time) when pointed out as ridicule. ~sigh~

Well thanks, dearest reficul_x for reminding me the real meaning of Fourm again, which I believe many have long forgotten. Hope more can read on this thread to remind themselves why they joined this GSM forum initially for. AND hpe this will not cause anymore unrest. :lol:

The_Anarchist
26-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Been reading this thread and i must say, i'm truly dissapointed.
How old are you guys (esp you, zhenyu21)?

Dude, you like your mobile, fine. Have fun. We all payed nokia a huge sum to buy the damn phones in the first place and i'm sure nokia is in no way gonna die beacuse we crack its ngage games, i'm sure they've run financial simulations on this and decided to go ahead with the QD even though the original games for the ngage were cracked. zhenyu21, you think only the n6600 users are killing nokia cos of the using blz files. As pointed out earlier, most ngagers don't buy the ngage games, they use the blz files. Plus, why should n6600 users pay for the files? Their mobiles weren't even designed to run ngage games. If nokia releases Ashen for the n6600, i'm sure most people would actualy buy it considering its a fantastic game.

Geez, its a phone, not a penis extension. Relax. Discuss. Joke. No point in arguing and being abusive. And pointing fingers at specific user groups (in zhenyu21's case, 6600 users) is not only daft, its illogical.

I used own a ngage and a 6600. Where am i in this argument? I sold my ngage later due to lack of games being released and stuck with the 6600. Then i bought a GBA with the left over money because of its superior selection of playable games.

The ngage was a novel idea. Whoppee! Super Gaming Console Phone Hybrid Thingy-me-bob. Just because you own it, doesn't mean its the most superior transistor busting device ever created. It also doesn't mean its perfect. Defendings/denying its imperfections won't make you a uber-mobile-god and elevate your mobile into the best mobile ever.

*n6600 is a good phone. Games are hard to play on it. Compatibility issues.
*Ngage was a good idea, poor execution. Not enuf good games, too much pirating.

Chill out kids. ITS JUST A MOBILE PHONE. Getting heated over whether "my 6600 is better than your ngage and all ngage/6600 users are nerdy scum who will kill nokia beacuse i said so" is STUPID and ultimately POINTLESS.

We might as well hv a thread on penis sizes. "My penis is better than yours and bigger..."

GROW UP. Accept and learn. We, the symbian phone owning population is not killing nokia. Even with cracking, we are encouraging a wider use of symbian applications. Greater use of apps = greater usage of mobiles = greater sales of mobiles = more money for nokia.

And i'm done with my rant. I think i've covered all the angles. Thanks for your time. No offence meant to any one, er...Long live nokia(free).
(sorry tzeon for profanity, just got heated up)

tzeonn
26-06-2004, 01:04 AM
ok stop it. tis is over and im sure after tis, everyone will b closer.

now make up and kiss ;)

<dun add oil to fire after the war k?> :-P

zhenyu21
26-06-2004, 04:47 PM
this is ridiculous...
I did not point the finger at the 6600ers anyone..... My post specifically bolded THE REST OF THE s60 USERs.......

To reciful_X:
The thing is you have to be a busybody and call me to stfu. btw, you meaning of forums covers "debates".... Now if you could just respect the views and be not so rude...

whitey420
26-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Excuse me whiles I illegally download some n-gage games for my 6600 :)

zhenyu21 - your just giving your money to corporation scum so they can spend it on enslaving people for ₤5 a hour :evil: shame on you!

tzeonn
27-06-2004, 06:06 AM
stop it.

stop the useless debate, before i warn ppl and close the thread.

see how a review thread turned out to be?

FrAnKeH
02-09-2004, 03:27 PM
ok ok this is like my 3rd post so here it goes

*cough* *cough*

when talking on a 6600 you dont look like a tw*t
i know you can use hands free but still.
one more plus point for 6600 you can play movies on it, i dont know if you can do that on n-gage but hey.
and all other points are valid.
and as for the review it was very good.
i cant seem to get tomb raider , crash bandicot, ghost recon, and others i forgot working all say "app closed!"
tony hawks works though and i find it fun

FrAnKeH

Neophyte88
02-09-2004, 03:40 PM
just close the thread, this is going no where

a_dude
03-09-2004, 02:09 AM
damnit where was I during this whole debate...

close this thread? what for? best thread so far....

and now for my 2 cents worth....

all I have to say, I have 6 or so mates with a 6600 and they still look at me with envy with my ngage...lol

not because of games only, not because my ngage can blast sound over their 6600 anyday...

not because I can used it as a USB drive to store any data and program....

not because I can play the best mp3 ringtones when the phone rings...

not because I entertain the girls more than their phones can....after all their phones are designed to 'perv' on girls...mine entertain

not because I can active synch all my contacts and calendar and be able to use Internet services over bluetooth without costing me GPRS charges....

but because i have replaced every device with my ngage...and everyday now it seems to do more and more tricks...and make more and more ppls jaw drop...

a 6600 cant do that...

theres my 2 cents worth...

rhai
03-09-2004, 02:22 AM
Oh please stop this debate alredy...

arguemnts had already happened, disagreements made, then what???

another world war??? :lol:

a_dude
03-09-2004, 02:32 AM
the truth comes out mate...

informed judgements are made...

you monkeys really have lost the art of debate...

pity...all u wanna do is shutup download and play...pity...

oh and to the orginal poster of this thread...well done mate...;)

nice piece of info reviewing how the games play on the 6600...well done!

reficul_x
03-09-2004, 03:38 AM
I'm wondering whos the monkey here. :roll: (<- gophermaster's favourite)

isn't it dumb? debating over 6600 vs ngage and all this shit?! its as good as saying apples taste better than oranges.

This is getting out of point and useless. look at the title of the thread! totally out of point!

Maybe the mods can close this thread? its wasting space anyway.

reficul_x
03-09-2004, 03:42 AM
damnit where was I during this whole debate...

close this thread? what for? best thread so far....

and now for my 2 cents worth....

all I have to say, I have 6 or so mates with a 6600 and they still look at me with envy with my ngage...lol

not because of games only, not because my ngage can blast sound over their 6600 anyday...

not because I can used it as a USB drive to store any data and program....

not because I can play the best mp3 ringtones when the phone rings...

not because I entertain the girls more than their phones can....after all their phones are designed to 'perv' on girls...mine entertain

not because I can active synch all my contacts and calendar and be able to use Internet services over bluetooth without costing me GPRS charges....

but because i have replaced every device with my ngage...and everyday now it seems to do more and more tricks...and make more and more ppls jaw drop...

a 6600 cant do that...

theres my 2 cents worth...

hehe...try to take a picture with your good ol' ngage then. :roll:

well, so do you see the point, when theres no point in comparing?
theres pros and cons to EVERTHING! learn that!

Judicator
03-09-2004, 07:47 AM
Funny topic! ^^

You are all wrong! SX1 rulz both of them! *muhahahahaaaaaaa* :lol:

tzeonn
03-09-2004, 08:16 PM
the next one to go and continue the debate about ngage and 6600 will get a 2 weeks vacation from me.

Neophyte88
03-09-2004, 09:27 PM
the next one to go and continue the debate about ngage and 6600 will get a 2 weeks vacation from me.

7650 pwns teh 6600 & n-gage :lol:

j/k

hello_taco
24-09-2004, 03:27 PM
man this thread is so childish... we must just get all along.. if you want respect you must earn it. repect each others gadget, we have different points of view on each of it. just dont take it too far.. it might get BAD.
:) :)

dendennis
09-05-2006, 12:36 PM
The point of porting games is the fact ...
Not everyone wants several phones, people buy phones according to their needs.
for example the 6600 has a LOT more featues than the N-gage and is a lot less bulky.
(using the N-gage as an actual phone is not really a superb experience.)
I only bought a cheap second hand one as I just wanted to play a bit with some games but not that impressed with it as a phone.
But you spend a lot on the phone you want whether it be 6600 or N-70 etc,
you may want to try and match features from other phone (porting compatible games,programs etc) THAT'S THE POINT OF SMART PHONES.
It's just a bit of fun really, the "if you want N-gage games buy an N-gage" is really a silly argument as there are far better phones out there now to play with (now with better 3D accelleration and faster processors).
and porting Games is a fun project.
(As long as the user Owns the original game and is not breaking the law).

The upshot is the user will get the phone they want according to their needs, and play with it how they please, but for lack of hassle and to play N-gage games perfectly an N-gage is recommended.

Arguing is pointless so lets all go for a beer :-D :-D