PDA

View Full Version : Clips Vs Cables

rraghvani
12-08-2002, 11:08 AM
What’s the fastest way of unlocking Nokia phones?

I currently use Nokia Flasher Cables to unlock phones, this tends to be time consuming and is not always guaranteed to work without damaging the phone.

I’ve just heard about Nokia Magic Clips which doesn’t require any software or PC, and I was just wondering if anyone has used this before.

How safe is it? Does it unlock all software versions (e.g 8210: 5.11 5.16 5.20 5.21 5.25 5.26 5.27 5.28 5.29)?

KnOeFz
12-08-2002, 11:49 AM
Nokia dct3 clips are safe and easy to use. They do all dct3 phones all software versions. They use same method as nk_calk/eepromtools and so on.

Takes less than 5 seconds to unlock... probably need more time to take out simcard and attach cable than to unlock :D

About the risk... the method is the same as with pc so I guess the risk is about the same... only no risk in windows crashing :)

I never f*cked one up using a clip... but then again not with pc either :razz:

-=K=-

takt29
12-08-2002, 07:39 PM
i do both methods but clip is better

using the clip is so fast you impress customers on how quick you do it

professional looking

rraghvani
14-08-2002, 09:45 AM

Rock
14-08-2002, 10:04 AM
why are u flashing the phone to unlock it anyway m8, just use eeprom tools and a data cable to unlock take seconds to do.

Eeprom tools availible on cubwolf site.

rraghvani
15-08-2002, 12:18 PM
At the time, I did not know much about unlocking phones.

I bought myself some data cables and thought with these cables I can unlock phones but it turned out that I can only upload ring tones, icons etc.

So I then searched the internet for unlocking cables and I came across Nokia Flash Cables, which I then bought. The Nokia Flash Cables did the job of unlocking phones, but I also damaged a few phones too!

Now, I’ve noticed guys at computer fairs use Nokia Clips to unlock phones and it took less than a minute to unlock my friends 8210 – the phone I damaged, got it repaired from Carphone Warehouse, they replaced the mother board and it has the latest software version :D

So, I was just wondering what the safest method is for unlocking phones.

Manipulator
18-08-2002, 05:56 AM
any one have the schematic and hex code for DCT3 & DCT4 nokia clip.:rolleyes: