PDA

View Full Version : is internet connection possible with 3510i & data cable?

rephisto
17-11-2003, 05:57 PM
i have a 3510i cell phone and i want to connect to the internet with my phone.

is it possible? if it is, i think a program will be needed. i have no idea about this situation.

may i buy a data cable?

farsh2002
17-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Hi!
I have 3510i and data cable too.

I use Windows '98 and it's impossible to use 3510i for connection to I-net.
May be there is a programm for this, but I think it's impossible. (I'm not sure)
May be You meed another cable.

:sad:

P.S. If You find answer, tell me please!

Good Luck!

James Watt
17-11-2003, 10:20 PM
i have a 3510i cell phone and i want to connect to the internet with my phone.

is it possible? if it is, i think a program will be needed. i have no idea about this situation.

may i buy a data cable?

Hi rephisto.

I also have a 3510i and an F-Bus Datacable.

I use my 3510i to connect to the Internet, I found it was the least costly model that enabled me to do this.

The part of the Internet I use is the one intended for Mobile Phones, namely WAP.
I did wonder whether I could use the 3510i as a GSM Modem for use with a Laptop computer to enable normal Internet browsing. Unfortunately it is not possible (I have not found a way yet) to do this.

The 6310i certainly is capable of being used as a GSM Modem. I know someone who uses hers with her Laptop, to gain access to her company's computer system.
This gives her a VPN (Virtual Private Network).

What sort of Internet access are you attempting to achieve?
What country are you in?
What Network are you with?
Are you familiar with J2ME?

Regards from James Watt

rephisto
19-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi rephisto.

I also have a 3510i and an F-Bus Datacable.

I use my 3510i to connect to the Internet, I found it was the least costly model that enabled me to do this.

The part of the Internet I use is the one intended for Mobile Phones, namely WAP.
I did wonder whether I could use the 3510i as a GSM Modem for use with a Laptop computer to enable normal Internet browsing. Unfortunately it is not possible (I have not found a way yet) to do this.

The 6310i certainly is capable of being used as a GSM Modem. I know someone who uses hers with her Laptop, to gain access to her company's computer system.
This gives her a VPN (Virtual Private Network).

What sort of Internet access are you attempting to achieve?
What country are you in?
What Network are you with?
Are you familiar with J2ME?

Regards from James Watt

Thanks,

I'll try to answer these question.

I try to explain my situation. I connect to internet with a dial-up connection. I live in Turkey, and my GSM operator announced that, monthly GPRS connection will be fixed cost. I know that will be a very slow connection but, my connection speed is already 46 - 49 bps. And i decised to try to connect with my mobile phone. It is slow but cheaper.

And, I am not familiar with J2ME...

James Watt
19-11-2003, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=rephisto]Thanks,

I try to explain my situation. I connect to internet with a dial-up connection. I live in Turkey, and my GSM operator announced that, monthly GPRS connection will be fixed cost. I know that will be a very slow connection but, my connection speed is already 46 - 49 bps. And i decised to try to connect with my mobile phone. It is slow but cheaper.
/[QUOTE]

Hi again rephisto.

I was in Side in June this year with my wife, we had a very nice time.

If you want Internet that looks like the one you see on your computer, you will not get the same from the 3510i.
I do not know of a programme (yet) that can use the 3510i as a GSM Modem, where the computer is connected to the phone via an F-Bus Cable.
As I mentioned before, the 6310i will be able to do this, also with true GPRS, but I am surprised you think the cost will be less than the "Dial-Up" you use now.
Perhaps there is an ISP that you can pay monthly for access, this will be cheaper than the "Pay As You Go" one.

Also the Data Rate via WAP may only be 9600 bps maximum, compared to 48,000 bps for the 56k Modem on your computer.
Some Mobile Phone Operators can offer up to 28,800 bps via HSCSD (High Speed Circuit Switched Data)

At the moment, I have 23 days left of Free WAP, up to 3000 minutes, or 30 days with my new SIM Card.
But the Internet you get on the Mobile Phone is very limited because of the simple way it works compared to a Wireless PDA for example.

I think you will not be happy, just using your 3510i for Internet access.

Try to find out which ISP will offer a monthly contract, and use that.

Regards from James Watt

Donutface
13-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Nokia 3510i doesnt support normal sockets, thats why you dont see any J2ME IRC clients either

Maybe with a very advanced flash it could be possible, but that oughta be one good hexer, otherwise its not really possible.

sk3done
15-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Nokia 3510i doesnt support normal sockets, thats why you dont see any J2ME IRC clients either

Maybe with a very advanced flash it could be possible, but that oughta be one good hexer, otherwise its not really possible.

you can not do this with a 3510i the ONLY PHONES u can do it with have BUILT IN MODEMS it does not use the phone its self just the phones internal modem so sorry no it is noyt posibal with that phone