PDA

View Full Version : DCT3 Software?

neilfj
18-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Hi everybody,
I would like to know if there is some free software for DCT3 phones to unlock them without the cables just the program.

Thanks.

Yotamz
18-11-2003, 11:42 PM
there are calculator programs that can calc codes to unlock dct3 phones.

but these programs needs the siemens clip, because it has the algorythm inside, they can't work without it, and the clip costs way more than a cable..

sharadsharma
28-11-2003, 03:02 AM
there are calculator programs that can calc codes to unlock dct3 phones.

but these programs needs the siemens clip, because it has the algorythm inside, they can't work without it, and the clip costs way more than a cable..

Will the univarsal box 4 withe seimens cable help or i will have to get the clip separately

Yotamz
28-11-2003, 01:35 PM
the dct3 algorythm has nothing to do with siemens, they just added a dct3 unlocking ability to the siemens clip (don't know why), so i would say that a box will not help..

benjaminok
28-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Well just to make sure.
The siemens clip is made by griffin team.
They have nothing to do with siemens. Griffin just added this calc to there clip for whatever reasons.

But a lot of people recently claim to have the algo and if that is true we will have free calculators in short time.

Lets see.....!

Personally i would like a Motorola code calculator :-)
But i guees i will have to wait...for ever!

Yotamz
28-11-2003, 10:21 PM
it is true that you'll have to wait longer, since most people are interested in nokia stuff, but there will be a calculator one day.

as said many times before - the cellular phones subject has no secrets. if someone know something, it is only a matter of time untill everybody know it. like it is only a matter of time before a software is cracked...

benjaminok
28-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Can only agree!!!
The SW for DCT3 is/ or will be cracked its only a matter of time and there will be a bunch of different calculators in this forum!!
What matters motorola, well i dont know but it seems to be very well protected since only a few have the possibility to access servers....?!?!?

it is true that you'll have to wait longer, since most people are interested in nokia stuff, but there will be a calculator one day.

as said many times before - the cellular phones subject has no secrets. if someone know something, it is only a matter of time untill everybody know it. like it is only a matter of time before a software is cracked...

v0lrath
15-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Anyone, know the dct3 add-on for the smartDCT4calc?

fuzion
16-12-2003, 12:34 AM
@v0lrath
basically, with the addon, you're e-mailing MrWolfman with the request and he calculates and sends you back the code

@benjaminok
many people actually have access to these servers these days... not directly though

v0lrath
16-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Thank's fuzion.

polarbear
16-12-2003, 09:56 PM
How hard is it to crack or decipher the code from the dongle? Maybe there is a way to fool it so it would "transmit" the algo somehow?

Yotamz
17-12-2003, 12:44 AM
How hard is it to crack or decipher the code from the dongle? Maybe there is a way to fool it so it would "transmit" the algo somehow?

it depends on the dongle's protection. some dongles have a stronger protection, that makes it harder to crack them.

but there are many ways to get around this protection, and read the algo from the dongle.

krasnoludki
17-12-2003, 01:34 AM
So, to sum up the things, the only program there seems to be depends on some chip that makes all the hard bits?

krasnoludki
17-12-2003, 01:41 AM
That's what everybody is working on here. Currently there only is a program that requires a custom chip to work with (also, it can take off the network restriction only).

MobyProject
17-12-2003, 07:17 PM
The MobyProject also offers the DCT3 - Add-on with SmartDCT4Calc

http://www.mobyproject.com/unlock.html

Paul

tina20
18-12-2003, 03:05 AM
are there any progs which can calculate DCT3 codes without auch a dongle?

tina20
18-12-2003, 03:06 AM
and: why it is possible to calculate dct4 codes without a donlge, and dct3 not? i think DCT4 is newer, and harder to crack?

thx
tina

fuzion
18-12-2003, 04:57 AM
@tina20
the algo for dct3 has just been discovered and was released in the gltc-01 dongle...

dct4 algo has been around for a long time and therefore has had time to be cracked by many...

just give dct3 some time and it will be cracked

HONGXING
18-12-2003, 01:05 PM
DCT3 Calculator

EVERALO
18-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Why dont you post your program?

fuzion
18-12-2003, 11:47 PM
i agree
if you have the software, why not release it now???

leaungAiM
23-12-2003, 07:30 AM
HONGXING = HONGXING DCT3 Calculator 1.0

DCT3 Calculator

jisuanqi.jpg

original Image: http://www.hongxing.tk/ :lol:

siemens clip

Viva Portugal

dude1
23-12-2003, 11:54 AM
i disagree if he made the calc himself then it is up to him how he distributes it. many people here make a living unlocking phones and pay vast sums of money for new solutions only for some prat to crack the software and release it for free.
ie dct-4 dongle / siemens maxim dongle. both of which i have purchased.
thats why you wont see a comercial version of the motorolla imei unlocker.
i do however disagree with the prices of some new solutions but all new products every where are expensive to start off with.
thats just my 2 cents

HONGXING
23-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Yes, the algo is stolen from GTCL-01.

I do not care about pro-unlockers and their business, or if they loose money or not because of me. I do not distribute the calculator, because some stupid people would make money out of it and integrate it into GUI-shells.
Therefore I will soon set up a telnet server, if I find a good hoster so everyone can calc their own codes in realtime.

And if I had Motorola algo, I would also calc free codes -no matter how much damage it would do to the market.

By the way, the GTCL-01 is using now new box serial "33552" for calculating DCT4 codes (thats the "fixed calculation to work on new models" news posting on their sit)

Yotamz
23-12-2003, 11:48 PM
i disagree if he made the calc himself then it is up to him how he distributes it. many people here make a living unlocking phones and pay vast sums of money for new solutions only for some prat to crack the software and release it for free.
ie dct-4 dongle / siemens maxim dongle. both of which i have purchased.
thats why you wont see a comercial version of the motorolla imei unlocker.
i do however disagree with the prices of some new solutions but all new products every where are expensive to start off with.
thats just my 2 cents

i don't agree with you.

i believe that phones must not be locked at all, because if i buy a phone with my money - i am supposed to be free to choose which network i want to be connected to.

the networks, on the other hand, think that i shouldn't be free to choose, because they have the ability to lock my phone, and force me to use their services, with their prices.

now, other people (3rd party), crack the algorythms, make software and dongles, and sell them for money.

so the problem:
i am locked to my provider, and now i have to pay (to the provider or someone else) if i want to change networks.
why?
because, the providers and the people who make these programs only want money.
now, the solution:
people that are not interested in money, or have other ways to get money, or just believe in what i believe - crack the protected software, and make free software.

don't get me wrong, i don't say that it is good that people crack software that were made by other people, but in this case, the costumer have to be free to choose, and this freedom is taken by those who have the "power" to unlock.

dude1
24-12-2003, 12:24 PM
yes i agree with you the networks should provide the phones already unlocked or unlock them for free.
i dont disagree with people doing phones for free as most phones i do are for free i only charge a very small fee ( £2.00 per phone any model)to recoop the initial cost of my purchase but i do strongley disagree with people who crack software and sell it or even worse claim the software as their own.

NokDoc
24-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Hi,

>> the networks should provide the phones already unlocked or unlock them for free.

My provider is not my phone.

My provider should sell me network connections, not phones.

Like buying Ur car at the gasstation, Shell to decide for me I have to get a Ford, otherwise their petrol no works.

Therefore non of these parties should have builtin restrictions to 'protect' eachothers marketing position.

Unless the costumer was completely explaned by that fact some do try built monopolies that way.

I think they do so, in very hard tiny little words somewhere at the back of the packages.
(Sim restricted)

If that was sufficient info to U, is what we can decide for ourselves.

I myself think prepaid sets are no contract, so anyone should decide which or what provider he likes to use at the time he likes.

NokDoc

marky752000
27-12-2003, 05:55 PM
>>I myself think prepaid sets are no contract, so anyone should decide which or what provider he likes to use at the time he likes.

Thats the problem, when you buy a prepay phone you ARE buying it from the network it their phone, they bought it from the manufactures put one of their sims with it and sold it to you.

What everyone seems to ignore is that when they lock it to their network they also subsidise the phone by about £20 - £100 depending on what they decide, because they know you are going to spend money on calls.

If you want to buy a phone that is or was never locked, go to a shop and buy a "sim free" phone these are phone that were made and sold to distributers and not to the networks.

But ofcourse you will pay more for one of those :smile:

Example:-

In the UK on the run upto Xmas (these are retail prices)

Nokia 7250i Sim free price £289.99
Orange Pay as you Go Price £179.99

So which one are you going to buy????????????????? ;)

All the best

Mark

Yotamz
27-12-2003, 07:59 PM
i think the problem is not that networks lock their phones, again, i believe phones don't have to be locked, but i can live with that.
the problem is, that costumers don't always know or understand the meaning of buying a sim-locked phone, the providers don't make it clear enough in their contracts (if it is mentioned at all), people buy phones from them, sign the contracts, without knowing that the phone is sim-locked (or don't know what sim-locked means), and when they try to change simcards they understand that they are stuck with the original provider, they can't change to a competetive network, and they can't change simcards when going to another country. (=they have to pay the roaming prices).

i think that the networks have to make it more clear for the costumers, and also offer an option to buy a sim-free phone (for higher price maybe, but give this choice).

HONGXING
28-12-2003, 09:06 PM
I really hate the stupid unlocking & secondhand shops, that make money from other people's software.

marky752000
29-12-2003, 03:41 PM
@yotamz

You are right, it's not clear but in the same way customers are very narrow minded and look mainly at the price and not at any other options.

@Hongxing

Come again???? I hope that wasn't directed at me

Best Regards

Mark

HONGXING
29-12-2003, 04:21 PM
I just wanted to say, that I do not care about the market.

Some people sent me hatemails because I unlocked a large quantity of phones for free.

marky752000
29-12-2003, 05:25 PM
There is nothing wrong with free unlocking on the internet.

But everyone has to make a living.

And I personaly beleive that I would make the same amount from unlocking if it was free on the internet or not.

Best Regards

Mark

Salami1_1
29-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Yes, the algo is stolen from GTCL-01.

And if I had Motorola algo, I would also calc free codes -no matter how much damage it would do to the market.

hehe good luck finding that algo!! :D:D:D muahahaha
seems you know little of it also.. that's probably why you do it all for free.

but heeej got a new challenge for you!
mr laser already did it but he isn't going to release it.. why don't you crack it and give it away for free.. you will be a GOD for 75% of all unlockers!
That would be good for your ego!