PDA

View Full Version : Modifying PPM

Visar Mato
28-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Hi to all group....
I have modify a ppm flash correct checksums with ppm fixer and than i have upload it in the phone calculate faid with many tools but nothing,the phone has no signal and reset by itself.
Please mail me if you can help me
Regards
Visar

NokDoc
28-03-2002, 07:52 PM
What do U do with the first 8 bytes everytime?

If U do corrections the PPM must have a good structure but somehow U always manage to have 8 bytes less inside Ur file and this hole is again filled at the begin of the file to maintain the correct filesize.

Explain bit more how U did it or with what proggies.

NokDoc

Visar Mato
28-03-2002, 09:23 PM
Well this file was sent to me by a friend and is taken with nokia by Rolis from adress 330000,i have modifyed some words but allways the same characters.
I dont know what the problem is,if you want i can send you the full flash from my phone.And allways i have open a full flash with hex workshop modify the linguage but allways the same characters,start ppmfixer and correct checksums,upload the flash and update faid with nk calc rolis 1.7or dct3 workshopv 1.07,but allways the same problem no network and the phone reset by itself
Regards
Visar

Visar Mato
28-03-2002, 10:04 PM
And this is the full flash from a 3310 v 419 i have read it with Rolis 471 start 200000 end 400000 and than i have modify some words not all but allways the same number of characters and rezults,no signal and restart by itself.
Please help me
Regards
Visar

NokDoc
28-03-2002, 10:05 PM
Mr. Visar.

There's always 8 bytes at the beginning that weren't suppost to be there normally.

Removing this will make the size 8 bytes too short again.

Thats the main problem I guess.

Some explanations of how Nokia had created this ppm structure can be found out here:

http://www.geocities.com/nok5rev/

This site looks very hard but if read carefully it is very educative.

NokDoc

NokDoc
28-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Some tip for Urself,

Stop sending Ur Eeprom along!

NokDoc

Visar Mato
29-03-2002, 08:03 AM
Im working with full flash from another working phone and modify same number of characters,how can be missing 8 bytes?
Regards

Mircea Vasiliu
29-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Hello!

The first file, seems to be a rolis ppm file that's why it has extra 9 bytes at start. However rolis behaves strangely with ppm saving - it increases the size of the file, besides adding those 9 bytes. I saved a ppm from a 5110 flash and instead of 0x50000 bytes the file had 0x50168. The MCU was also longer than it should. But when I combined back the two files a normal full flash was generated.

I'm not sure how the checksum correction programs work on these split files.

The second file (full flash) looks corrupted. At least the length is not what it should be and the PPM seems to be incomplete. I don't know how this could happen.

When editing check file size at all times and do byte compares with the original files at different locations to be sure that only what you want to modify is really modified.
A
fc /b file1 file2
could be very helpful.

BR,
ldril