PDA

View Full Version : Problem connecting to 7250i with cable

m0z
21-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Hi there im new,

My cable came in the post today, its a 7250 cable connecting through the com port. I whacked it in COM2 and connected my 7250i, i downloaded a trial version of oxygen and tryed to connect, it must have sensed the connection but it kept resetting my phone for some reason. So, i un-installed it and then installed the nokia suite, when i connected my phone to the cable it made my screen on my phone more or less blank and the program kept saying 'no phone connected', apparently the cable has been 100% tested so im wondering if its a problem with on my pc?

if anyone is willing to share any ideas as to what is wrong id be more than grateful, cheers.

dave.p
24-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Hi. I personally think this is a phone problem as my 7250i does exactly the same as yours, I've heard a few other people post here about this problem, so it could well be the phone, mines is an F-bus cable, plugs in2 COM port. I think the only solution is to buy a genuine Nokia DKU-5 cable, about £40 here so I wont be buying one at that price. Could be a software bug, I dunno mines is V3.22.

browntoa
24-11-2003, 03:43 PM
some of these programs have problems if you are using windows XP...

johnosborne
02-01-2005, 04:17 PM
The main problem is that when the new drivers are installed they are placed under an unfamiliar COM port that the phone won't use. In all Win OS's make sure that the cables com port is set as COM1 and speed of 192000. make sure you don't have anything else on COM1 or it will just keep not connecting.

Hi there im new,

My cable came in the post today, its a 7250 cable connecting through the com port. I whacked it in COM2 and connected my 7250i, i downloaded a trial version of oxygen and tryed to connect, it must have sensed the connection but it kept resetting my phone for some reason. So, i un-installed it and then installed the nokia suite, when i connected my phone to the cable it made my screen on my phone more or less blank and the program kept saying 'no phone connected', apparently the cable has been 100% tested so im wondering if its a problem with on my pc?

if anyone is willing to share any ideas as to what is wrong id be more than grateful, cheers.

scullyscully
03-01-2005, 11:47 PM
If you still can't get it to work...maybe try a infrared Adapter. I got one from Ebuyer for under £10. Depending on if you want to upload pictures, games, tones etc. Works fine with my 7250i. (and the great thing is you can use it with many other things too!) :)
(though set Infrared Transceiver Type to SigmaTel 4000 instead of SigmaTel 4012 default)

paulbro
14-01-2005, 06:26 PM
try a program called mobimb