PDA

View Full Version : changing language on 7110

Alinus
14-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Changing languages on NOKIA?

i need some information - until now, i never changed language on a nokia phone, just unlock them.
but now i have bought for my self a 7110, and i need to upload romanian language on it.

so, i have the cables, i have a interface for LPT that i use for flashing. is it enough? somebody told me that this interface it is not enough, that flashing is different from changing languages and that i must upgrade my interface with some kind of microcip

please escuse my ignorance, but i have nothing to do with the engeneering stuff, i just do this to earn a living

any advice would be verry appreciated

Regards, Alinus

KnOeFz
14-08-2002, 03:39 PM
You don't have to modify your flashcable, but you need an m-bus cable to calculate the FAID after you flashed the new ppm into your phone.

-=K=-

Alinus
14-08-2002, 04:25 PM
i use this cable either for flashing or for unlocking - works both ways. so u tell me that all i need is a good flasher, the language pack, and nc_calc or Eeprom tools by Phreaks?

KnOeFz
14-08-2002, 04:37 PM
No, I said you need a flash cable AND a mbus cable!
So you need 2 cables!

Flash cable goes to lpt port, used to upload new flash
mbus goed to com port, used to calculate faid after flashing is done.

If you have a cable that's workign with eepromtools/nk_calk then that's you m-bus cable.

-=K=-

Alinus
14-08-2002, 05:06 PM
k, but with the same cable i have unlocked 6210, 5110, 6110 using partial Flashes - God it is good that time has gone - and implicitly LPT port. So???

Shidoshi
15-08-2002, 02:23 AM
KnOeFz is right, listen to the man :)

You need to flash the PPM (Language file) to your 7110 (with the cable that connect to the LPT port. To do this I use: Nokia DCT3 Flasher by Rolis v4.78, after you flashed the PPM file using the correct address you need to calculate the FAID with the MBus cable (the one that conects to you COM port) to calculate the FAID i use: Nokia Tool by Jordik v3.21.

That will do the trick.

Though you say you have the cables, what exactly do you have?
The cables that connect to the LPT interface? I've seen Flash/MBus cables that are a set of 6 cables, 4 of which connect to the phone, and the other 2 are: 1 LPT connector and 1 COM connector, is this what you have?

Alinus
15-08-2002, 07:39 AM
4 cables for DCT 3 (51xx to 6210, 3210, 33xx, and 8xxx)+1 LPT connector+1Com connector.
this is what i have. Sorry if a did not made myself clear in the begining.

Shidoshi
15-08-2002, 08:19 AM
So you have all the required equiptment.

Will you be Okay with the procedure or do you need any further explanation?

Alinus
15-08-2002, 08:41 AM
thanks!
further explanations would be verry appreciated:)
(steps to use the software, and a location for Romanian language).
i am verry thankfull if u will waste a little more time with me:)

Regards, Alinus.

Shidoshi
15-08-2002, 09:26 AM
Okay then...

What you need:

1. Flasher Cable ... [check]
2. MBus Cable ... [check]
3. Nokia Tool by Jordik v3.21 (http://www.thony.xtr.at/dd69/soft/NokiaTool_Jordik_3.21.zip) ... [check]
4. Nokia DCT3 Flasher by Rolis v4.77 (http://www.thony.xtr.at/dd69/soft/Rolis_4.77.zip) ... [check]
5. 7110 PPM Pack C (http://nokia.sno.at/full%20flashes/7110/5.01/c.zip) ... [check]

Now... download all the stuff and unzip them to wherever you want. Plug in your flasher cable (to the LPT port) and connect the lead to your phone (phone must be off for this) Open up Rolis and press Ctrl+W, select the file which should be c.fls, insert the start address in the popup box (00510000), click Ok. You will be prompted to press the power on button on your phone, do this, be sure not to turn on phone, just press on button. 2 seconds and you have the PPM pack C on your phone.

Remove the flasher cable and connect now your MBus cable to the COM port and phone. Turn on the phone. Open up Jordik, click Read Phone Info, click Update Faid. Remove the cable, insert Pin Code and there you have it.

Enjoy :D

Alinus
15-08-2002, 09:29 AM
thanks for helping! - both Shidoshi and KnOefz.

Hope i'll be able to get even someday.