PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6610 GPRS locked

nawaz
23-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Hi,
I have just bought a T-Mobile Nokia 6610. Everything works fine except the GPRS. There are no menus for GPRS settings. When trying to edit service settings from PC Suite 5.1 it responds with an error. Is there a way to correct it just by entering a code. Here are my details.

Set: Nokia 6610
Network: T-Mobile USA
IMEI: 351540001659960

Thanks for your time.

crashynot
23-11-2003, 06:11 PM
You Must Contact Your Service Provider So That The Can Give You You Gprs Details

nawaz
23-11-2003, 09:01 PM
You Must Contact Your Service Provider So That The Can Give You You Gprs Details

I have the gprs settings from my provider but the problem is that there are no menus to make those settings. The set is data locked probably by T-Mobile. I can't even make the settings from PC Suite's Wap Manager. In Services menu there is a menu of t-zones. The settings submenu contains Appearance settings, cookie settings but nothing to change the settings of gprs.
I read a message by someone having the same problem here in some other forum and someone suggested to mail here and ask for the code to that guy. So I also mailed here.

crashynot
23-11-2003, 09:02 PM
you have to flash your fone with new clean flash
so you can have all the setting

nawaz
23-11-2003, 09:58 PM
you have to flash your fone with new clean flash
so you can have all the setting

Sorry about the length of this message but this is wat i got from other forum and my case matches exactly to this.

Quote from other forum

I have a Nokia 6610, obtained from Hongkong, but I believe it originated from T-mobile in the USA. As far as i can tell, it is sim unlocked, and works fine for almost everything, except the GPRS. When I try to send a new set of GPRS settings to the phone, it says:

"Settings memory full"
"All settings are locked. Discard settings?"

There is no function for me to get to the GPRS edit menu either. The only give away(s) is a T-mobile logo when i turn the phone on, and that the only GPRS setting is T-zones. It dials a number in the USA +1 - 913 - 2440821, which if my info is correct, is somewhere in Kansas.

I'd love to know how I can remove these restrictions, thanx.

Have we been talking in IRC lately? There was someone with the exact same problem.

Please post a thread in the "DCT 4 Unlock code request" forum. Post your IMEI number (get it by pressing *#06#) and make sure you got the correct one!
Post also your network codes (T-mobile USA) or network name (well, T-Mobile, USA) and describe the problem as you did here.

The phone, although SIM-unlocked, can still be data locked. This requires a code different from the "SIM lock".

Be carefull with your IMEI since each code is calculated via the IMEI and you got only five tries to enter it, after that you will need a cable to unlock.

Good luck.....
your Thanh

crashynot
24-11-2003, 12:35 AM
if you what the unlock code
#pw+423557651117251+1#
try this but i dout it will help you unlock the gprs