PDA

View Full Version : nokia 6800 firmware??

gmx2
23-11-2003, 09:14 PM
hi
can any one tell me the latest firm ware version for nokia 6800
i just got one and it has ver 3.14

thanx in advance

McHale
23-12-2003, 03:16 AM
get used to it. The Nokia 6800 will not receive any FW updates after the official original release. I have been bitching to Nokia for months about how crappy the mail system is, how it locks up constantly, how bad the audio is, WHERE THE HELL IS THE BLACKBERRY, etc.

They said through a tech support email that there would be no future support except for hardware.

We were lied to. We were screwed. I'll never buy another Nokia phone for this reason alone.

Thank God for the Microsoft Smartphone. A *REAL* working email program that actually handles POP3 properly and HAS FW UPDATES AS NEEDED.

If you want a copy of the email they sent, I'll dig it up and post it. I forwarded it to the Nokia rep from Chicago but he hasn't answered it yet (after a couple weeks). Seems to me that Nokia is promising the impossible to make the sale and not worrying about delivering after the sale. Even though they told me that blackberry wasn't going to be added now, they still have it on their website as being on there...

-Mc

gmx2
26-12-2003, 09:50 PM
aww man this makes me very upset.

yea man please do post that email for me (thanx).

now i think i made a big mistake buying 6800. no upgrade?? jow is it possible
man. :-?