PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

Blueice
15-08-2002, 11:17 PM
I have a problem after flashing my 7110 and I wonder if anyone can help.... I make a fls file with some new ringtones(flashtone) and menu graphics (Flash graphic). Then I Flash the fls to the phone using knok after running NFREE and clicking "Correct MCU" and "Correct PPM" (and saving the file) I then go about a factory reset + faid + sp locks using knok once again.
Finally I boot up the phone - only to find it is really unstable and crashes constantly :mad:
I know the firmware im using (5.01) works fine if I just flash it with out modding the graphics, but I want new ones!
Something tells me this is a checksum problem, can anyone confirm that? Ive no idea how to fix it :(

Thanks for your help :D Just let me know if you need any other information...

Cheers,
Henry

cprafferty
16-08-2002, 01:28 AM
I think it will not work at all. the 7110,6210,6250(yahoo my fave phone) use a differernt encrypted flash system.

Blueice
16-08-2002, 02:19 PM
encrypted flash system
I beleive its only the PPM thats encrypted, I have managed to get new message tones and graphics working - just that the phone is unstable. I'm sure it must be me doing something wrong but im not sure what :confused: :confused: :confused: