PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

Daghda
29-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Well,

Im new to flashing, and i have a question which will probably sound right stupid, but iv looked around and havnt seen an answer anywhere.

I bought a dejan dongle and cables from the net. the dongle connects to the parrallel port on the computer, and then the dongle connects to a lead,which connects to the fon(3310). it connects to the fone by taking out the battery and inserting the clip so that the 4 pins are in contact with 4 little contact pads on the board. but i read in tutorials that to flash it you need to turn on your fon, but how do i do that wen the batterys not in? iv tryed connecting the fon to a charger with the cable in the back and turning it on, but nothing turns on.

any suggestions?
Thanks

Jecko
29-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Well,

Im new to flashing, and i have a question which will probably sound right stupid, but iv looked around and havnt seen an answer anywhere.

I bought a dejan dongle and cables from the net. the dongle connects to the parrallel port on the computer, and then the dongle connects to a lead,which connects to the fon(3310). it connects to the fone by taking out the battery and inserting the clip so that the 4 pins are in contact with 4 little contact pads on the board. but i read in tutorials that to flash it you need to turn on your fon, but how do i do that wen the batterys not in? iv tryed connecting the fon to a charger with the cable in the back and turning it on, but nothing turns on.

any suggestions?
Thanks

insert the battery to the clip..then insert the clip with the battery to the fone..battery terminals first then push down gently.