PDA

View Full Version : USB problems on N-Gage

rawb
30-11-2003, 04:35 PM
A couple of days ago I bought a 256mb MMC from TwinMOS. It worked fine when I put it in and formated it. But when I plugged the USB into the computer it didnt find any usb driver. (got v 3.30 symbian)

Anyone know what the problem is?

fast_cinq
30-11-2003, 04:44 PM
A couple of days ago I bought a 256mb MMC from TwinMOS. It worked fine when I put it in and formated it. But when I plugged the USB into the computer it didnt find any usb driver. (got v 3.30 symbian)

Anyone know what the problem is?

I has the same problem after a formated the MMC the computer cant see it at all. At the moment im using a MMC reader/writer.
And im using windows XP.

Anyone got any ideas?

NiX_
01-12-2003, 06:26 AM
Same happened here I thik it is to do with the phone because when I had a 64mb card it worked but now it doesnt i tried it with the 64 and it worked

rawb
01-12-2003, 11:57 AM
My 32mb (standard gage memory) works fine with the phone. So the problem must be in the 256mb card.
Maybe reformat it will work?

mctimo
30-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Sorry for my bad english,
Ik have the solution for the formatted mmc cards in windows xp.
I bought a mmc card and i formatted it with windows xp and my pc don;t reconized my phone anymore.
So i put the mmc card in a digital camera with mmc support, and then windows see the mmc card as a removeble drive, i format the mmc card and i choose fat not fat32, and then i formatted the mmc card inside the digital camera , i put the mmc card back in my n-gage and my pc recognized my n-gage again
I hope i helped some people with this.
My e-mail is [email protected]

T-T
09-02-2004, 11:29 PM
I HAVE HAD AN N-GAGE FOR QUITE SOME TIME BUT I CANT USE THE USB CABLE I TRY TO INSTALL IT BUT I GET NOTHING CAN IT BE THAT IM RUNNING WINDOWS 98 SE OR DO I NEED SOME MIRACLE :evil: :-?

tzeonn
10-02-2004, 01:23 AM
I HAVE HAD AN N-GAGE FOR QUITE SOME TIME BUT I CANT USE THE USB CABLE I TRY TO INSTALL IT BUT I GET NOTHING CAN IT BE THAT IM RUNNING WINDOWS 98 SE OR DO I NEED SOME MIRACLE :evil: :-?

1st install the nokia audio manager.

den put a mmc into ur fone, plug it in, and install any drivers if u need to. the com wun detect anything if theres no mmc in ur fone.

N-Gage World
10-02-2004, 01:28 AM
N-Gage World is Here!!

2 save the day

(lmao)

Rawb: Try formatting the mmc using both pc and phone formatters

fast_cinq: If you have xp, insert phone onto pc (using cable) then go 2 my comp, and there will be an extra hard drive (ure fone) right click and format DONT use external mmc readers to format with xp

EVERYONE: all mmc cards take time to read as they are slow eg: the bigger the card = the slower the read !!!!!!!!WHEN FORMATTING USING XP !!!!!!!!! use FAT only

T-T: 98 does not auto recognise new gear - to to control pannle - add new hardwear (not sure if this will work but try it!)

Hope this helps

N-Gage Wolrd

c:\system\apps\nokiafree\Sign off.app

T-T
16-02-2004, 02:41 AM
thanks i tried to install hardware but it cant find the n-gage

how can i flash my n-gage what do i need cheapest way possible

i tried to reset my n-gage using *hash7370hash but now my n-gage wont switch on :sad:

tzeonn
16-02-2004, 04:16 AM
thanks i tried to install hardware but it cant find the n-gage

how can i flash my n-gage what do i need cheapest way possible

i tried to reset my n-gage using *hash7370hash but now my n-gage wont switch on :sad:

u need a mmc in ngage to detect it.

uu can flash ur fone at nokia to fix it. its free if ur fone is under warr.

NiX_
16-02-2004, 06:20 AM
I tried formatting it using my mmc card writer still noyhing i think it is just a firmware thing once new firmware comes hopefully it will work