PDA

View Full Version : help mmc urgentttttt

susy
30-11-2003, 04:58 PM
I have been using my mmc 128mb for a few months now but it has just stopped working, I have tried using my mmc reader to formatt it but it jst freezes the screen of the computer if I insert the card. If i put it in the phone the phone wont turn on so I cant format it using the phone.. does this mean I have to throw the card away or is there any way of fixing it??
Thanx

Chris_Flowers
30-11-2003, 05:02 PM
I have been using my mmc 128mb for a few months now but it has just stopped working, I have tried using my mmc reader to formatt it but it jst freezes the screen of the computer if I insert the card. If i put it in the phone the phone wont turn on so I cant format it using the phone.. does this mean I have to throw the card away or is there any way of fixing it??
Thanx

Check the contacts on the card - are they worn or dirty? Try cleaning them up a little with a cotton bud and some spirits.

susy
30-11-2003, 05:09 PM
nope didn't work :-( just tried it, thanxs anyway for the suggestion

mangastyle
01-12-2003, 01:28 AM
go to the store where you bought it or go to nokia service point maybe they can help you with your problem

johnnyspliff
01-12-2003, 02:35 AM
Try using a digital camera or another 3650 to format it.

susy
01-12-2003, 11:18 AM
Thanx its working again, I think maybe cleaning it with alcohol did the trick, it enabled me to format it :-) thanx everyone

Chris_Flowers
01-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Thanx its working again, I think maybe cleaning it with alcohol did the trick, it enabled me to format it :-) thanx everyone

No problem ;)

Sometimes the contacts get dirty - easy enough to fix.

Take extra care with it now though, the contacts could be geting worn - I'd get a new one as soon as possible before the same happens again or worse.