PDA

View Full Version : 6600: web connection through bluetooth

canbedone
01-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Go to Settings - Connection - Access Points. Create new access point

Connection Name - Bluetooth DSL (Anything really)
Data Bearer - GPRS (Even if you don't have access to it)
Access Point Name - (Important must be the name of your PC shared via BT for your phone !!! Check Bluetooth - Paired Devices to be sure)
User name - None
Prompt password - No
Password - Leave as is
Authentication - Secure
>>>IP address - AUTOMATIC <<<

Now go to settings - connection - GPRS

GPRS connection - when needed
Access Point - (Same as access point name of computer on BT connection of your phone <check paired devices> )

go to opera or other web viewer, select your just created connection and surf web of course there must be internet access in your computer, I using cable it work for me

madgoh
01-12-2003, 11:18 AM
What do I need to configure anything on my Laptop? or Do I need to configure extra setting on the Bluetooth?

I have try your instruction but failed.

Fendushi
01-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Go to Settings - Connection - Access Points. Create new access point

Connection Name - Bluetooth DSL (Anything really)
Data Bearer - GPRS (Even if you don't have access to it)
Access Point Name - (Important must be the name as your PC shared via BT !!! Check Bluetooth - Paired Devices to be sure)
User name - None
Prompt password - No
Password - Leave as is
Authentication - Secure

Now go to settings - connection - GPRS

GPRS connection - when needed
Access Point - (Same as access point name of computer on BT connection of your phone <check paired devices> )

go to opera or other web viewer, select your just created connection and surf web of course there must be internet access in your computer, I using cable

Does not work dude!!

Surely some other settings are missing from your instructions...

UKSMS
02-12-2003, 05:39 AM
Maybe turning on Internet Connection Sharing....

When I connect my mates SPV up via bluetooth it assigns it to a virtual serial port.... Maybe playing around with sharing a connection via a serial cable (you may have to enable this as a service) ill have a play when One STop finally take my foot out of thier a88e and dispatch my phone.

Teg
02-12-2003, 11:54 AM
@canbedone

Thanks for the info. I'm using a dialup connection and trying to get my 6600 to use the laptop's internet connection via bluetooth. I followed your instructions and could see Opera and IM+ send out a network packet (although I'm not quite sure if it's sending the correct ones) Anyway that's how far it goes right now. Just sends a packet out once but don't receive anything.

In your instruction there's a line for internet gateway. Where do I actually put that in?

canbedone
02-12-2003, 12:36 PM
@canbedone

Thanks for the info. I'm using a dialup connection and trying to get my 6600 to use the laptop's internet connection via bluetooth. I followed your instructions and could see Opera and IM+ send out a network packet (although I'm not quite sure if it's sending the correct ones) Anyway that's how far it goes right now. Just sends a packet out once but don't receive anything.

In your instruction there's a line for internet gateway. Where do I actually put that in?

I got active my bluetooth Network Access on my com try this maybe you can recive too

Teg
02-12-2003, 12:49 PM
I got active my bluetooth Network Access on my com try this maybe you can recive too

Got mine disabled. I'll give it a go. Thanks :)

--
No go. still won't work. I'll give it a try some other time. I've already spent more than a day playing with this phone :D

frsv
02-12-2003, 02:52 PM
>>>Gateway IP address - 0.0.0.0 <<<

you cant set 'gateway IP' om the n6600...

so your settings doesnt work.

sick_7650
02-12-2003, 03:15 PM
doesnt work

Teg
02-12-2003, 04:36 PM
>>>Gateway IP address - 0.0.0.0 <<<

you cant set 'gateway IP' om the n6600...

so your settings doesnt work.

Isn't it a reasonable assumption that if a gateway can't be set then it would use the default gateway of whatever network connection the computer is using? :D

I remember in win98 that it's possible to set the gateway for a dialup connection but it's no longer there in win2k and above.

aaadock
02-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Does not work dude!!

Surely some other settings are missing from your instructions...

this works for using your home internett connection on your phone.,,

if you wanna use your phone internet on your home comp/laptop
try http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47924
its for the 3600/3650 but what the hell ... see ii it works,,, you got nothing else to do > :)