PDA

View Full Version : 6600 files not compatible with .ncc files

arabu
01-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Greetings guys

Stumble onto this thread while I was pulling my hair out trying to solve a problem......

I used to own a 6610. Traded the phone in to get the 6600. Well... I did backed up the old 6610 and have a bunch of .ncc files with me. I learnt that those files could not be understood by the PC Suite for 6600. DARN!!!%$!#%^$#^!%!%

Called Nokia support centre and they explained that there is nothing that they will do or can do. Asked me to borrow a 6610 from someone.....

Guys... is there any way out of this? I have jsut the ncc files... I did not have them backed up to Outlook or anything... I am desperate.. make that .. figgin desperate. Please help.....

Desperado

Chris_Flowers
01-12-2003, 12:59 PM
Greetings guys

Stumble onto this thread while I was pulling my hair out trying to solve a problem......

I used to own a 6610. Traded the phone in to get the 6600. Well... I did backed up the old 6610 and have a bunch of .ncc files with me. I learnt that those files could not be understood by the PC Suite for 6600. DARN!!!%$!#%^$#^!%!%

Called Nokia support centre and they explained that there is nothing that they will do or can do. Asked me to borrow a 6610 from someone.....

Guys... is there any way out of this? I have jsut the ncc files... I did not have them backed up to Outlook or anything... I am desperate.. make that .. figgin desperate. Please help.....

Desperado

I had the exact same problem mate - its frustrating. The only thing I could get off my 7250 was the contacts.

Using the datasuite for Nokia 6600, you can connect your 7250, download the phonebook, re-connect the 6600 and download them to that. As for other settings i.e. bookmarks, messages etc. that you backed up into an .NCC file - its tough! You gotta do without. I've not foudn a way round it yet :(

arabu
01-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Thanks Chris... I hope someone can come up with a solution. I actually borrowed my niece's 6100 (which is different to my 6610) and have those ncc files backed up. Then... another screwup... the 6600 will not read from 6100... would you believe that?? Its not in that long list of hp... hhmmm.. talk about bad day!! :(

Hhmm..... its really frustrating..... But thanks for that feedback!

Cheers!

Chris_Flowers
01-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Thanks Chris... I hope someone can come up with a solution. I actually borrowed my niece's 6100 (which is different to my 6610) and have those ncc files backed up. Then... another screwup... the 6600 will not read from 6100... would you believe that?? Its not in that long list of hp... hhmmm.. talk about bad day!! :(

Hhmm..... its really frustrating..... But thanks for that feedback!

Cheers!

Don't worry about it. My 7250 wasn't listed either - just choose the next nearest - it should do it.