PDA

View Full Version : how to add modify nk hp..to receive more sms



jdx1883
17-08-2002, 12:52 PM
hello...Does anybody know how to modify nk flash so that it can receive more sms...thank u

liteFun
17-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by jdx1883
hello...Does anybody know how to modify nk flash so that it can receive more sms...thank u

i don't have need for that.. 15 sms in sim-card is enough for me.

but maybe it's possible.. somewhere in MCU how many sms can store in eeprom?

spider-x
17-08-2002, 04:04 PM
just buy or upgrade simcards with larger size like 64 k it can store more phonebook and messages. :D phone like 7110 can store sms in phone. 3310, 5110, 3210 messages and phonebook store in sim

Manipulator
17-08-2002, 05:18 PM
i think most of the phone stor sms in simcard.
a 64K simcard can stor up to 30 sms.

tnp
17-08-2002, 09:31 PM
The information about the max SMS numbers in the sim card, stored in the card too. U can't modify this easily...

GeeZuZz
18-08-2002, 12:31 AM
You cannot edit your flash, but you can clone your SIM card, and burn it on a higher capacity card.

But you'll need to build a special "sim-reader", and buy a card burner...

I haven't tested this yet - since i don't have the special reader. I have the schematic, but i don't now how to build it. I'll try to get some of my "electro friends" to make it for me...

Manipulator
18-08-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by GeeZuZz
You cannot edit your flash, but you can clone your SIM card, and burn it on a higher capacity card.

But you'll need to build a special "sim-reader", and buy a card burner...

I haven't tested this yet - since i don't have the special reader. I have the schematic, but i don't now how to build it. I'll try to get some of my "electro friends" to make it for me...

@GeeZuZz
can you kindly send me your special simcard reader schematic.

thanks in advance.

GeeZuZz
18-08-2002, 02:55 PM
here is the schematic. But you also need a card writer. and a couple of programs. It is no easy. I found a guide, but can't remember the URL.

KnOeFz
18-08-2002, 05:40 PM
It's not that hard... I managed to do it :D

here's original soft from Dejan
Simscan V1.33 (http://users.net.yu/~dejan/download/sim_scan.zip)

And here's a link with detailed manual on how to do it. Also on what hardware to use... I used a simple low budget eeprom programmer/phoenix interface as hardware
Manual on cloning (http://www.gsmsim.cjb.net/)


It's not hard... just don't use other software than simscan. You will often run into a priogram called Cardinal 6.8 but that kills alot of cards (trust me... i tested myself!)

Best prog to make card is Sim_emu
Sim Emu Manual translation by Alf (http://alf.di.fct.unl.pt/~pa/simemu_english.html)

To make cards with alot of space it's best to use silver or green cards, not gold cards. Goldcards also only work on Nokia's, while the silver card made with sim_emu works with most phones.

Als this should get you guys started.


-=K=-

Manipulator
19-08-2002, 08:25 AM
@GeeZuZz
hehe,the schematic you post here,you call it special simcard reader.hey,it is the most basic smartcard reader.it is the most easy to built simcard reader i can found on net,you call it hard to built.hehe:p i already built it long time ago :o :D .

with the same simscan reader,i connect two wire from it without add/modify any thing,i use it as a mbus datacable to program my nokia phone.hehe:grin: :grin:

@KnOeFz
is the simcard you clone really work and can get signal.can the cloned simcard and the original simcard been use in the same time and get signal on both phone.are you using the simscan simcard reader to clone the card.

KnOeFz
19-08-2002, 08:39 AM
@manipulator:

I don't use Dejan's schematic...
Have a programmer I bought pcb for to build yourself called vp 20
Looks like this:
http://www.willem.org/vp2as.jpg

Ofcoarse the sims get reception... else what would be the use?
You can have both sims switched on at the same time but only the sim used last to make an outgoing call will receive calls and sms.

Note that you can have up to 8 different sims on one cloned card... realy nice... have you work number, your private number and more without changing cards in you phone all the time.

-=K=-

Manipulator
19-08-2002, 09:36 AM
@KnOeFz
thanks
what you mean
"the sim used last to make an outgoing call will receive calls and sms"

Manipulator
19-08-2002, 09:48 AM
@KnOeFz
what is the name of the programmer you use.i think i have schematic for the programmer.but since you built it youself,i think you got the schematic for it,can you send it to me.
thanks in advance.

KnOeFz
19-08-2002, 10:25 AM
@Manipulator:

The name of my programmer is VP20
Unfortunately I have no schematics as I bought the pcb... no schematics were included... only a drawing of where what part had to be mounted on the pcb.


With
"the sim used last to make an outgoing call will receive calls and sms"

I mean...
You can have the original sim and the cloned sime in 2 different phones. Both phones will switch on and get network reception. BUT... only one phone wil receive incomming calls. This will be the phone you used last for making an outgoing call.

Hope this is more clear to you.

Maybe we should continue this discussion in the simcloning section of the forum? It's getting kinda offtopic here....

Regards,

-=K=-

Manipulator
19-08-2002, 10:30 AM
@KnOeFz
thanks, i understand now.but why this will happen.
hehe,we are getting out offtopic here.:grin:
i will go to simcloning section to look for more info.see you there.:rolleyes:

GeeZuZz
20-08-2002, 09:05 PM
Is that Sim card reader just a normal sim card reader?

can i use a standard reader meant to be used to manage phonebook entries/SMS, sold in many computer/gsm stores?

@Manipulator: with "special" i meant, not normal/not available in stores - i thought. I never said it was hard to build!

Squirt1000
20-08-2002, 09:40 PM
does this help?? http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=21&products_id=1936&

KnOeFz
20-08-2002, 09:48 PM
Most of these devices sold in gsm shops are not what you want... The are ok for reading but can't handle all of the programing.

I suggest to look in satelite shops... They sell programmers used for silvercartds in sat receivers... They do the trick. You can buy a gold or silvercard there as well.

-=K=-

GeeZuZz
20-08-2002, 10:04 PM
I already have a smartcard programmer! (to make goldcards/funcards etc. for use in my sat receivers)

but as far as i understand, i also need a separate reader...

KnOeFz
21-08-2002, 08:23 AM
@Geezuz:

Your smartcard programmer should do the trick.
It should be able to program eeprom as well as the processor on the card. Just give it a try.


-=K=-

Manipulator
21-08-2002, 10:35 AM
@Geezuz:
i think your smartcard programmer can be use to program the silvercard.a software name IC-PROG is a good tools to program memory chip/card.it support many programmer.
http://www.digital-laboratory.de/ this site have many smartcard tools.
but i not sure that your programmer can be use to read simcard and use sim-scan to get IMSI & KI.
programmer use to read simcard and goldcard/silvercard is not the same/not same protocal.

GeeZuZz
21-08-2002, 04:36 PM
I have two programmers. so i think I can write most of the cards available. I can also read the sat cards i make.

I once tried sim_scan, but i got a error message - think it was connection problems - it didn't find any devices or something... can't remember.

KnOeFz
21-08-2002, 05:16 PM
@Geezuzz:

I'm using win2k and need to boot in real dos from a bootdisk to get simscan running. I use a dosextender (CWSDPMI.EXE) to do so.

Some people have problems with entering pin code... if that's your case just switch of pin code with the phone.

Note that not all cards are clonable anyway...

Hope this will help you.

-=K=-

GeeZuZz
21-08-2002, 05:34 PM
ok. thanks. I'll do another try.

Manipulator
22-08-2002, 10:42 AM
is it possible to get the KI from a PUK blocked simcard/totally blocked.
the dejan got mention about changing the crystal/resonator of 10.240 Mhz from old cordless phone and it will speed up about 2.5 x to 3 x using COM port speed 28800.
is he mean that we can change the sim_sacn reader 3.579MHz crystal to 10.240MHz so that we can set the comport to 28800 speed to speed up the find KI process using sim-scan.
can i change the 3.579MHz crystal to 12.000MHz crystal to run the comport speed at 28800 to speed up the find KI process.

KnOeFz
22-08-2002, 12:32 PM
is it possible to get the KI from a PUK blocked simcard/totally blocked.
no, you need pin or puk code... else.. .no way



the dejan got mention about changing the crystal/resonator of 10.240 Mhz from old cordless phone and it will speed up about 2.5 x to 3 x using COM port speed 28800.
is he mean that we can change the sim_sacn reader 3.579MHz crystal to 10.240MHz so that we can set the comport to 28800 speed to speed up the find KI process using sim-scan.
can i change the 3.579MHz crystal to 12.000MHz crystal to run the comport speed at 28800 to speed up the find KI process.

yes, that's the idea... 12 mhz wil be faster even than 28k8 but I think not all christal speeds will work... but you could shure give it a try. Personaly I only tested with 3.58 and 6.0 mhz.

I suggest to ask these kind of questions in the sim cloning section of the forum... it's getting really offtopic here. There more people interested in cloning can give their experiences.

-=K=-

Manipulator
23-08-2002, 09:01 AM
@KnOeFz
thanks.
:D i have post my question on the sim cloning section.

jdx1883
23-08-2002, 09:15 AM
does anyone guide me where can i buy a simcard reader and writer? i am from malaysia..thanks u

KnOeFz
23-08-2002, 04:04 PM
@ Manipulator


i have post my question on the sim cloning section.

lol...
you want me to answer question there again or are you statisfied with the answer above? ;)

Regards,

-=K=-

Manipulator
24-08-2002, 08:24 PM
@KnOeFz
i very statisfied with your answer.thanks.:p

Yolly Zubrick
25-08-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by spider-x
just buy or upgrade simcards with larger size like 64 k it can store more phonebook and messages. :D phone like 7110 can store sms in phone. 3310, 5110, 3210 messages and phonebook store in sim

You guys might know this but I'd like to bring this one up. A 64k sim, like Smart 64k Supersim, can actually store up to 60 messages in the simcard. In my 3310 v5.57 I can only store up to 45 messages max to this sim, that's because the 3310 software limits me to that capacity only, although the sim can store more messages. And I think this is the question at the beginning of this thread, how do you edit the flash to allow you to store more messages to the sim up to its max capacity. If anyone can share I am very much interested.

3310 <v5.13 can store only up to 30 max to simcard. Upgrade your firmware and you'll be surprised your sim actually has more capacity than 30! I have heard phones like 6210 etc, will actually allow you to store to your sim up to max, problem is with phones like 3310 & 3315 or any model lower than that.

aZyWeRks
25-08-2002, 03:33 AM
same problem with 5210. can only access 30 messages out of my 64k.

GeeZuZz
25-08-2002, 04:00 AM
What smartcard is best to use in a nokia?

KnOeFz
25-08-2002, 09:06 PM
@ Yolly Zubrick

My 6210 stores over 170 sms... but they're stored on the phone, not just sim.

-=K=-

KnOeFz
25-08-2002, 09:07 PM
@Geezus...

for Nokia gold, silver and greencard work...
But I won't recommend goldcard cause it's very limited. Prefer silver or even better a greencard. These also work in other phonebrands.

-=K=-

NokiaPhreak
02-09-2002, 05:53 AM
Does anyone know what program or what tools can let me reformat the simcard so do make more room for sms??

Please post a link to the file, thanks you.

KnOeFz
02-09-2002, 06:01 AM
It's not possible (as far as I know) to reformat an existing sim. You'll have to clone.


-=K=-

NokiaPhreak
02-09-2002, 06:50 AM
I means how do i reconfigure the silver card, the card which come along with sim master simcard cloner which can store upto 8 provider one.

@KnOeFz

Do you know how do reconfigure or reprogram the silver card to have 40sms, because now only got 10sms room.

Thanks you.

KnOeFz
02-09-2002, 10:12 PM
I use sim-emu... I posted links in sim-cloning section.

-=K=-

NokiaPhreak
03-09-2002, 06:24 AM
Thanks you, I will check with the sim-clone section.

wafwinx
11-10-2002, 08:31 AM
to all members that are from Iloilo only....

want to add up more features to your 3310?....upgrade your 3310 to 3315...just contact 09169435026

need help to build sim card reader cable...