PDA

View Full Version : sims and unlocking

ledell11
13-12-2003, 08:20 PM
my wife has t-mobile with a sims card in it can she take that card out and use it in a unlocked att phone that takes a sims card PLEASE HELP

Yotamz
13-12-2003, 11:51 PM
my wife has t-mobile with a sims card in it can she take that card out and use it in a unlocked att phone that takes a sims card PLEASE HELP

if the at&t phone is unlocked - you can use any simcard in it (including the t-mobile one).

polarbear
16-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Yeah and if the phone won't let you put in another SIM card, it means it's locked and you need to get it unlocked, either by paying or finding someone who'll do it for free (almost impossible!)

jag87
05-01-2004, 05:59 PM
IMEI:
network code:23433
Thank you if u ever need anything let me know.

NokDoc
05-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Hi,

Such code requests aren't allowed here.

NokDoc

cjard
09-01-2004, 02:33 PM

If youre in america (AT&T ?) then you should be aware that there are several kinds of technology used to get on a cell network. In USA there are AMPS/NAMPS/TAMPS in CDMA/TDMA variety and GSM/EGSM/EDGE in TDMA variety. Additionally the phone may operate on a frequency of 800, 900, 1800 or 1900 MHz.

TMobile will predominantly settle on one type of technology, AT&T also will settle, but if the 2 are different technology, then you wont get any service.

Example: imagine TMobile uses GSM1900, and AT&T uses NAMPS800/CDMA.. the AT&T phone will accept the sim card but wont get service because it cannot talk to the network; if they were normal music radios, then the tmobile would be a digital radio using FM band.. and the AT&T would be an AM radio. In the same way that you cant pick up an FM station if you only have an AM radio, your phone wont get service. Try it, but if it doesnt work, it might be due to this.. NOT due to the unlocking

Yotamz
09-01-2004, 02:43 PM
@cjard

you are right, but at&t and t-mobile use the same frequency (1900 MHz) for the gsm phones, so if you put a t-mobile sim in an unlocked at&t phone - it will work.