PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a 6600 having this problem?

terminatrix
14-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Attention to all 6600 users,

are you guys having problems with your 6600 ... when your startup logo usually have the two join hands and the Nokia Tune plays.

My phone doesn't play the Nokia Tune anymore (it use to), and when it does play, it only plays a second or two of it.

I want the startup logo back, how do I get it back?

terminatrix

Rackz
14-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Hi,

I do not have the same problem but another one.

Whenever I startup my N6600 it switches on I get to see the logo and hear the tune. Then the Theme becomes visible for a second and the phone switches itself off again.

After one or two reboots the phones stays on.

C ya
R

terminatrix
14-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Problem with the 6600's firmware? Or did we do something in the settings?

Because I don't think I changed anything got to do with the startup logo ...

Anyone with witnessing information, please step forward ...

terminatrix

Teg
14-12-2003, 12:49 PM

are you guys having problems with your 6600 ... when your startup logo usually have the two join hands and the Nokia Tune plays.

My phone doesn't play the Nokia Tune anymore (it use to), and when it does play, it only plays a second or two of it.

terminatrix

Haven't experienced that yet. Maybe you've got soo many applications installed? How about removing your MMC first and see if you're still having problems with the startup logo? If you still having problems, how about formatting the phone's memory (after making a backup :D ?

terminatrix
14-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Damn, after removing the MMC card ... the startup logo plays longer than unusual times ... but not fully. Better than when I had the MMC card in.

What's the problem?

I don't want to reformat the phone's memory, and I don't know how to ...

terminatrix

Civilization
14-12-2003, 01:34 PM
;) Same thing happen to my 6600. Problem is your theme, change your theme to standard and everythings will appear like the beginning. :lol:

terminatrix
14-12-2003, 11:50 PM
Nope, no matter what theme I choose. The startup logo song is cut short.

Why me? I don't know why, but I always liked the startup logo ...

terminatrix

terminatrix
14-12-2003, 11:54 PM
would it be because of battery power?

ill be right back. im going to recharge this 6600 phone.

keep informing me with possibilities and answers. thanks!

terminatrix

terminatrix
15-12-2003, 04:26 AM
After I recharged my phone.

After I changed my theme to the original one.

After I rebooted the phone.

The startup logo was played fully.

However, after I rebooted again ... the startup logo was cut short again.'

Lol, why?

terminatrix

m0m0
15-12-2003, 10:09 AM
After I recharged my phone.

After I changed my theme to the original one.

After I rebooted the phone.

The startup logo was played fully.

However, after I rebooted again ... the startup logo was cut short again.'

Lol, why?

terminatrix

the logo tune is usually not played at all when i have the charge cable attached to the phone. my guess would be that it probably has something to with your installed programs that automatically starts when the phone boots. also try to remember what app you last installed before the problem initially occurs.

fnvillafuerte
15-12-2003, 01:36 PM

terminatrix

Did you activated the "pin code" request in your phone? If yes, you need to do this procedure:

1. Turn on your phone.
2. Wait for the"enter PIN" field to appear and enter your PIN.
3. Once you entered the PIN, wait 10-15 seconds BEFORE you press ok.

Your start-up tone should play complete now. If you pressed ok for less than 10 second, your startup tone will be cut short again, so everytime you reboot, wait at least 10 secs before pressing ok. I think its a bug of our firmware.

nk6600
15-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Thanks fnvillafuerte it works!

Please note, i was terminatrix, now am nk6600.

Thanks the startup logo plays in full after 10 ~ 14 second wait.

Worth the wait to show off this beauty ...

nk6600

p18000
01-02-2004, 11:12 AM
I've the same problem as Rackz. Sometimes (rarely) the 6600 switching off after I enter my PIN code. I restart then OK. Is it a bug?

nk_au
01-02-2004, 11:48 AM
You have to wait about 15 seconds before entering the SIM Card. THen the startup logo will play. It takes a while for it to "load" the startup animation and sounds.

Or alternatively, what I do is I turn on the Lock Code. It takes about 15 seconds to enter the PIN, then it succeeds, then enter the Lock Code - then it is logged in while listening to the Nokia Tune :D

star4xtian
01-02-2004, 01:35 PM
This also happens with my 6600. I really don't want to have a pin code request everytime I open the phone. But I think the problem is in the power button. If you didn't press it long enough, it doesn't complete the nokia tune. If you press it and release it immediately when the light comes on then it works fine.

star4xtian
01-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Just hold the power button for about 5 seconds (or longer) and this will correct the problem. I tried this about 8 times and it works everytime. :-P

spankydean
01-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Just hold the power button for about 5 seconds (or longer) and this will correct the problem. I tried this about 8 times and it works everytime. :-P

Um i read it was something to do with it searching for a signal on start up. Try it in a place where u know there is no signal and i bet it plays the tune every time no matter how u boot it up!!

Dean

OMENs
01-02-2004, 08:41 PM
This Happened to me but i noticed it only happens in certain times.

1) If the phone is on silent
2) Low Battery Power
3) If the phone is on charge.
4) Problem with phone ( System Crash or Hang that led to automatic reboot )

Other than that the tune plays flawlessly

GuyverDX
02-02-2004, 07:01 AM
I guessing here but u probably recently changed ur sim card, (Eg vodafone)
I used to use optus and the nokia logo never fails, but once i changed it to my new "red sim" vodafone one, the nokia logo sounds get distorted, my hucnch is that the process is being interrupted because the vodafone red sim also intalls a a new icon in ur menu everytime u use that sim. Trust me this could be ur prob ... its no biggie really, ur fone not broken. The only other problem iv had with this sim thing is photographer, it works on my optus and not my voda, my hunch here is that i got to reinstall photographer with voda on but im too lazy... (i didnt know some apps were sim dependant) :-? :lol: :-x :D :evil: :oops: :sad: 8-) :)

imran.ahmed
21-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Can you tell me more in regards to which applications are sim dependant, i am trying to delete some and restore others without much luck

Thanks

tzeonn
21-08-2004, 07:51 PM
i dun know of any sim related apps, perhaps u might wanna post a new thread in apps section about wats ur prob with any apps, so we could help u out.

mat_een
22-08-2004, 10:04 PM
I guessing here but u probably recently changed ur sim card, (Eg vodafone)
I used to use optus and the nokia logo never fails, but once i changed it to my new "red sim" vodafone one, the nokia logo sounds get distorted, my hucnch is that the process is being interrupted because the vodafone red sim also intalls a a new icon in ur menu everytime u use that sim. Trust me this could be ur prob ... its no biggie really, ur fone not broken. The only other problem iv had with this sim thing is photographer, it works on my optus and not my voda, my hunch here is that i got to reinstall photographer with voda on but im too lazy... (i didnt know some apps were sim dependant) :-? :lol: :-x :D :evil: :oops: :sad: 8-) :)

i hvae the same problem with my nokia 6600, ive two sim cards ( 2 connections) one sim card is normal and the other is loaded with power tools in other words it's a 'power sim' . these power sims or 'red sims as mentioned by GuyverDx' usually loads faster than other sims, thats why ur nokia tune and the nokia logo image dont stay on the screen until the start-up process is finished.