View Full Version : tuning nokia phones
downunder
21-08-2002, 01:03 AM
Hi guys
first must congratulate you all on this site. i'm now in a position that i do not have access to genuine nokia s/w and jigs for the time being and need to do some repairs. can you tell me best software etc to use that will enable me to tune phone and store new values in to phone.
if you need advice on hardware faults i'll try to help.
Sdriver^
21-08-2002, 11:20 AM
I'll help you out, but what exactly would you like to know?
Take care,
Kris
PaoloWireless
21-08-2002, 04:30 PM
A year ago, I did frequency tuning for nokias. I still remember all the information, and if you want, I can post it here. I used Wintesla SW, and a Wavetek frequency generator/analyzer.
NokiaPhreak
21-08-2002, 05:22 PM
@PaoloWireless
Can you post or email the info to me, Thanks you very much.
downunder
21-08-2002, 10:56 PM
will the crack version of Wintesla allow me to tune and store values back to phone. i have plenty of rf equipment at my disposal.
GeeZuZz
21-08-2002, 11:45 PM
What is "frequency tuning" good for? :confused:
downunder
22-08-2002, 03:25 AM
basically
TX power levels need to adjusted to levels expected by the network, if these are out then may experience dropped calls or
no registration
RX tuning needs to be done so phone can compensate changes
in the receiver cct across all channels. done by the input of midchannel frequency at high and low attunation the phone then
uses this as a reference to recalculate the phone.
can supply more detail if needed but it can get pretty heavy !!
Juan2k
22-08-2002, 12:12 PM
this topic always crosses my mind but dont know who will participate good that u started it all.
i have this 2 5110 phone from U.S. after opening simlocks on rolis nokiatool. I just cant get any signal until recently i find out it need to be recalibrate is this where wintesla comes to rescue and those rx tx values i dont understand i know im newbie to this and this is a heavy topic but im willing for the sake of two old cellphones and some curiosity.
KnOeFz
22-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Wintesla alone is not enough to tune rx/tx
You need additional hardware.
But just unlocking shouldn't mess up the phone...
Did you maybe flash a virgin eeprom in the phone? çause I think that might mess thing up.
-=K=-
PaoloWireless
22-08-2002, 07:10 PM
I found my notes on tuning nokias. At the time I was working there, we only serviced TDMA nokia's which are 800 & 1900 mhz. I am not responsible if you mess up your phone from these directions. These are just guidelines that I used for tuning.
Set the Wavetek TX Freq to 831 MHz, the RX freq to 876 MHz, -116 dBm.
In Wintesla, choose Testing, then RF Control, TX On, Audio On, Power Level 2, CH 200
Switch the Wavetek to TX, Frequency 832.5
In Wintesla, go to AFC Analog
On the Wavetek, push S2 (count)
In Wintesla, adjust the values back to 832.5, press OK
On the Wavetek, push Analyzer, Freq 846.9, FM/AM 23.8
In Wintesla, choose Tuning, Modulator output, Lowband.
Adjust until Wavetek reads between 22-24.
Change Freq to 1891.98 MHz (omit for single band phones (5120, 5125, 6120)
In Wintesla, choose Tuning, Modulator output, Highband.
Adjust until Wavetek reads arround 24.
Change Freq to 830.7
In Wintesla, choose Tuning, TxIQ, EEPROM
Adjust values below -20
Change Wavetek to RX, Freq to 879.033, Level -95
In Wintesla, choose Tuning, AGC Lowband, Measure.
On the Wavetek, enter -85, -75, -65, and -55 accordingly.
Change Freq to 1945.023 Level -95 (omit this step for single band phones)
In Wintesla, choose Tuning, AGC Highband, Measure.
On Wavetek, enter Level -85, -75, -65, and -55 accordingly.
Write "Phone RF Tested and Tuned" on Nokia Log sheet.
Done.
*Wavetek is the brand of Frequency Generator/Test machine we used at our repair facility. I am not familiar with other brands or how the interface differs from yours. I just know how to enter frequency into that particular machine. BTW, that machine is very expensive, don't expect to go out and buy one unless you have at least $50,000 CDN lying arround.
sunlightnetcafe
23-08-2002, 06:57 AM
hello,
my 8250 have a contact service, i used wintesla to know the problem, and it said "Eeprom interface failed" "eeprom tune checksum failed" , I tried to recalculate it by rolis but when im using it,
it said "phone: tx=high"
what does it mean? is that in hardware or software?
how do i fix my 8250?
its very great to know about wintesla software because i know it lots of use.
thanks in advance
danverdejo
24-08-2002, 12:50 AM
Where i can download Wintesla please.
thanks
danverdejo
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.