PDA

View Full Version : Software that works with USB cable?

Larry
17-12-2003, 01:10 PM
I saw in other threads that the USB cable is better than a serial cable for the 7250.. so I bought one and now I can't seem to find any software that works with this stupid thing.. in connection settings they all show Com1, etc..

Can someone give me the names of some apps I can use with this fucking cable?

Cheers.

Yotamz
18-12-2003, 09:55 PM
first thing, the usb cable is not better than a serial cable, in any way.

second thing - the software i know that works with the usb cable is nokia pc suite, which cam be downloaded for free from nokia.com

last thing - i hate to say it, but watch your language.

Larry
19-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Hmm..

I got nokia data suite but there's no USB option thing in it.. so I've ended up buying the serial cable too..

I've tried the following:
- Oxygen Phone Manager
- MobIMB
- LogoManager
- Nokia Phone Suite

Only logomanager detects the phone but all you can do with it is view the phonebook..

I'm using userport because I'm running XP.. any ideas what's wrong?:)

Thanh
19-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Hello :)

In case you have an ORIGINAL (!!!!!) Nokia DKU-5 cable, it will DEFINITELY work with PC Suite.

You only need to install the cable FIRST! THEN the application.

If required, uninstall PC Suite, and make sure it is completely and definitely gone. Delete it's folders manually if required AFTER de-installation.

Then disconnect the cable from it's USB Port, and shut down the computer. Do not re-start, just shut down!

After it's shut down, restart it. (Power cycle, flushes RAM).

Wait untill it's fully booted, then plug in the DKU-5 cable to a USB port. WinXP will come up with "Found new hardware: USB-Serial converter". Follow the usual procedure for driver installation, using the CD that came with the cable.

After that is done, restart the computer, and check in the hardware device manager that your USB-Serial converter is "working properly". If so, continue.

Install Nokia's PC Suite application. It will now AUTOMATICALLY detect (and use!) the previously installed USB-Serial converter (DKU-5 cable) and then work perfectly with your phone!

To use MobiMB, Oxygen or similar, just simply set them to the appropriate COM-Port (of course also AFTER installing the cable first!!!). You find the COM port by checking the "properties" of the USB-Serial converter in the hardware device manager, usually it is COM 5.

If you happen to have bought a non-original "DKU-5", then... good luck, PC Suite won't work with it, but MobiMB and/or Oxygen usually does. The same goes for a serial cable, you won't get PC Suite to work with it, but Oxygen and/or MobiMB should work. Again, make sure you selected the correct COM ports for either cable! You got two hardware COM ports (to connect serial cables to) and many more "virtual" COM ports, such as used by internal modems (usually COM 3) etc.

Good luck.....
your Thanh

big_lad98
26-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Could anyone tell me if it's possible to unlock a 7600 using the supplied USB cable? I calculated the wrong unlock codes and now need to do a cable unlock.
Cheers,
PA