PDA

View Full Version : sendo m550 ?

trotters
17-12-2003, 08:30 PM
hello
please can anyone help i have a sendo data cable which needs to be modified to be used on a m550 .
if anyone out there can give me a step by step instructions on how to modify my sendo cable so that i can unlock a SENDO M550

many thanks in advance!

jimmythebulb
18-12-2003, 01:30 PM
I have modded one for the Griffin box. Heres what i did.

Open the casing around the contacts, switch the two rx an tx contacts at the top round (the pins) take out the battery contacts and move them to the side so when you put the adaptor in the back of the phone they line up with the phone battery contacts. This worked for me hope this helps!
:D

trotters
18-12-2003, 06:35 PM
I have modded one for the Griffin box. Heres what i did.

Open the casing around the contacts, switch the two rx an tx contacts at the top round (the pins) take out the battery contacts and move them to the side so when you put the adaptor in the back of the phone they line up with the phone battery contacts. This worked for me hope this helps!
:D

thanks for that mate i did as you said the ran the software said it had opened all the looks but when i tried a different sim card it was still locked to O2?
any idea's what the problem is?

many thanks again

jimmythebulb
18-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Are you using the Angel software?

The two i have done are both on The griffin box unlocker and used a powered serial port cable. The only one i have not been able to do is a foreign m550 (from outside the UK). Does your cable allow you to connect the battery to the back? As the phone has to power on the Griffin unlock. The two pins have been switched at the top?

This was the guide i wrote for myself for using Griffin CRD:

To Unlock the Sendo M550 using Griffin CRD

Connect the powered com to RJ45 adaptor to the comport and plug the adapted M550 cable into the RJ45 connector.
Connect the PP9 9 volt battery to the adaptor. The switch on the adaptor should be in the raised position.
Select direct unlock on CRD put the data cable end into the back of the phone and make sure the power connector at the side is lined up with the battery pins.

Open the phones flip and press the Sendo button on CRD. You will be requested to switch on the phone, do so and the program will read the codes.

If you get a failed message check the connections and try again.

To enter the code to unlock the phone, put a foreign sim in the handset and enter the code that is requested by the phone (normally NCK).

Hey presto the phone is unlocked!

trotters
18-12-2003, 07:34 PM
hi again mate
i have a data cable running from my com port i have connected the 9v battery to it ai have run the software it reads the phone tells me it has unlocked it but when i try another sim it says invalid sim please enter NCK do you know the coed i can put in ?

many many thanks

jimmythebulb
18-12-2003, 07:38 PM
What software are you using?

trotters
18-12-2003, 07:40 PM
What software are you using?
sendo direct unlock i got 3 different versions form http://www.aggtyvilani.com/vilani.asp

jimmythebulb
18-12-2003, 07:50 PM
I have just downloaded them and had a look the AngelGSM soft is supposed to work. But these are all direct unlockers so you should have no need to enter the NCK code. The software should automatically remove the NCK as the phone is unlocked. (there are two methods on griffin crd to unlock direct and codes)

Have you tried just once or a couple of times, if just once i would try again a couple of times, it might have just not connected properly..

trotters
18-12-2003, 07:52 PM
done it several times mate the software tells me it has unlocked the phone but i did'nt how would i get the NCK code?

many thanks

jimmythebulb
18-12-2003, 08:11 PM
With the software you are using you do not need the NCK. When you use this software it will remove the NCK code automatically when it unlocks.

The only time you will need or get the NCK code is when you have read the code from the handset using software. You would need a different program (code reader rather than direct unlocker) to get this code from your handset as far as i know there is any code reading software other than Griffin CRD

jimmythebulb
18-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Are you in the UK? I am in Manchester, if you get stuck i can do it for you if you like?

trotters
18-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Are you in the UK? I am in Manchester, if you get stuck i can do it for you if you like?
how much would you charge me mate or would it be possible for you to make me a good data cable?

jimmythebulb
18-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Unfortunately i cannot get the powered adaptors seperate from griffin so i would not be able to get the parts to make you a cable. If you have one to do you pay the postage that will suffice.

trotters
18-12-2003, 08:44 PM
can you email me please [email protected] so that we can get some contact details

many thanks