PDA

View Full Version : data lock for 6610

janbos2101
18-12-2003, 08:55 PM
I have a 6610 originally sold by T-Mobile in the US and I am currently using it on AT&T. Phone works fine but I can not get the GPRS and WAP settings to work. Nokia told me that this phone is 'data'locked'. GSM service is fine and it is a great phone.

Can anyone help me to get my phone unlocked so that I can change the WAP access points and enable the GPRS service. Currently it goes out on 'T-Zone' and can't find it.
Looking around in this forum, it appears to me that this is a common problem. When I switch the phone on the T-Mobile logo appears and the cover also has T-Mobile on it.

phone: Nokia 6610 type NHL-4U T-Mobile USA
IMEI: 351540/00/097644/9
FCC ID: PYANHL-4

Thanks for helping me out here if you can. Let me know if you need more info about the phone.

best regards,

Jan

crashynot
18-12-2003, 09:01 PM
I have a 6610 originally sold by T-Mobile in the US and I am currently using it on AT&T. Phone works fine but I can not get the GPRS and WAP settings to work. Nokia told me that this phone is 'data'locked'. GSM service is fine and it is a great phone.

Can anyone help me to get my phone unlocked so that I can change the WAP access points and enable the GPRS service. Currently it goes out on 'T-Zone' and can't find it.
Looking around in this forum, it appears to me that this is a common problem. When I switch the phone on the T-Mobile logo appears and the cover also has T-Mobile on it.

phone: Nokia 6610 type NHL-4U T-Mobile USA
IMEI: 351540/00/097644/9
FCC ID: PYANHL-4

Thanks for helping me out here if you can. Let me know if you need more info about the phone.

best regards,

Jan

Yes this is a comon problem with 6610 from T-Mobile

in order to reset th data settings you will need to update the firmware
in other word Flash the fone
with a clean flash file that dont have the TMobile setting incripterd into the Firmware
then only you can edit the setting of the fone

janbos2101
18-12-2003, 09:06 PM
forgot to mention, I am using AT&T in the USA

Jan

crashynot
18-12-2003, 09:08 PM
forgot to mention, I am using AT&T in the USA

Jan
it dont matter wat your are using
you will have to flash your fone with clean software
for it to work 100%

janbos2101
18-12-2003, 09:10 PM
How do I flash the phone or is there somebody out there that can help me with it?

Thanks,

Jan.

crashynot
18-12-2003, 09:12 PM
How do I flash the phone or is there somebody out there that can help me with it?

Thanks,

Jan.
you wil need special Hardware for that
like Griffin box or Prodagy
and sotfware
to do so