PDA

View Full Version : DCT-4 CDMA phones - how to backup flash?

Thanh
19-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Please, do not move this to CDMA forum, i was there, and nobody knows an answer! Thanks......

Hello :)

I am looking for an answer to the following question:

How to take a backup of a DCT-4 CDMA phone such as the Nokia 2280 or the (serie-40) 3105????

What kind of flasher can be used (DCT-4 China flasher? Griffin? Dongle?) and which software?

Can it eventually be done via a data cable alone? Both phones have the Pop-Port connector. I don't want to flash it, just save te flash file to the computer.

Reason: In Thailand now available the 2280 and 3105, both WITH ACTIVATED R-UIM SLOT!!! Since Hutch Thailand and it's CDMA 2000-1x network uses R-UIM's (SIM cards).

I am thankfull for any advise. I put a word-by-word copy of this thread in the CDMA section as well to reach the experts in both fields.

Kind regards.....
Thanh

cprafferty
19-12-2003, 01:45 PM
The simple answer is no way to backup the any of the DCT-4 phones flashes.

if you had a PDK-1 donlge and win phonix you could see what setting are used to make the phone have an active slot.

then flash the phone you want to convert with the right files and use WinPhoenix to make the settings the same.

Thanh
20-12-2003, 05:21 AM
Hello :)

Thank you very much for your reply.. so i can NOT backup the flash from the phone at all?? Damn..........

Umm would you know where i can find the appropriate flash files then? I have searched the net for days with no success.......

I would need a file for a R-UIM enabled 2280, the model is RH-17R, the version would not matter as long as english language is included in the PPM.

Thanks again......
your Thanh

cprafferty
21-12-2003, 08:08 PM
Sorry all my sources for files only seem to have GSM flashes.

Looks like a lost cause unless you could access to the nokia partners website.
it would have all the files you would need.

But to get access you would have to become a Nokia Service Center.