PDA

View Full Version : 7110 gsm1800 SIM problem

badger
22-08-2002, 03:35 PM
I just flashed a 7110 with v5.01 after it got a bit damp and came up with contact service. The phone now boots up but with this really odd fault. If I put a O2 (BTCellnet, GSM900) SIM in the phone it boots no problem. If I put a T-Mobile or Orange (GSM 1800) SIM it does not recognise it and says INSERT SIM CARD. Any ideas what may cause this? Do you think I have a hardware fault rather than software issue? Thanks.

markchee
29-08-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by badger
I just flashed a 7110 with v5.01 after it got a bit damp and came up with contact service. The phone now boots up but with this really odd fault. If I put a O2 (BTCellnet, GSM900) SIM in the phone it boots no problem. If I put a T-Mobile or Orange (GSM 1800) SIM it does not recognise it and says INSERT SIM CARD. Any ideas what may cause this? Do you think I have a hardware fault rather than software issue? Thanks.

You needs to use Eepom tools to solve it.Frist use Mbus for 7110 to your computer com 1,open software Eepom tools,on the box there is 4 icon,start from the second right icon which is the eepom repairs tab press it.After process,press the unlock tab which is on the left of the eepom repair tab.Finally press the undate Faid tab which is on the left of the unlock tab,I use it often.

badger
29-08-2002, 08:23 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.