PDA

View Full Version : Dual copy simcards?

G2000
22-08-2002, 04:36 PM
Is it possible to duplicate a sim card. The problem I have is that I have a nokia 6310i and a Motorola phone with handsfree car kit in the car. Ultimately I would like to use a dual sim copy of my 6310i and use in the Motorola car phone without having a second line and new number. I have even thought of diverting my contract phone to a pay as you go but the problem is that I would be charged on my pay as you go account and not on my contract line.

Any advice on the matter would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

thanasis
22-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by G2000
Is it possible to duplicate a sim card. The problem I have is that I have a nokia 6310i and a Motorola phone with handsfree car kit in the car. Ultimately I would like to use a dual sim copy of my 6310i and use in the Motorola car phone without having a second line and new number. I have even thought of diverting my contract phone to a pay as you go but the problem is that I would be charged on my pay as you go account and not on my contract line.

Any advice on the matter would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

i think that cold be happen.but you have to power off one phone.i don't think you can have two phones on whith the same namber(sim card)

KnOeFz
22-08-2002, 08:09 PM
With some providers you can buy a second card with the same number. If not, it's (with some cards) possible to make a clone of your original simcard.

That way you can have 2 mobiles using the same number. Only thing is that just 1 of the 2 can receive calls when they're both on at the same time. This will be the phone you used last to make an outgoing call.

See the cloning section of the forum for details.

-=K=-