PDA

View Full Version : f/m bus cable with TDMA 51xx series?

PaoloWireless
22-08-2002, 07:16 PM
I have a F/M bus serial cable. I connect my 5160 series tdma phone to it, but Logo manager does not read it? I also have a 5190 but I am waiting for my friend to give it back., It suppost to work with my 5190 for sure right? if it doesn't then it means my cable is wrong? I am wondering why it does not read my 5160, it technically should... hmm

ismael_mj23
24-08-2002, 03:20 PM
Take out the connector and verify if it has three or four cables.

If it haves three it is not a Mbus it is only Fbus, and you need MBUS for unlocking and Logo Changing.

Ismael

chuck
29-08-2002, 08:15 PM
my cable has four wires,wired to the last four pins, mine doesnt seem to work, but i think its mainly the horribly cracked programs im trying to use, and i hope nobody takes that as an insult cause i highly commend you guys for the great work you are doing and letting us test it.

phonedudes
29-08-2002, 11:36 PM
Sounds like your cable is wired correctly... Couple of things to check.

Go into options in LogoManager and select Mbus and select Mbus on the cable (if manual switcher).

If your concerned about the program integrity theres places all over that have working versions but to quickly check you could always go to main website and download the demo version just to verify (your cable/phone) operation.

Im not sure what your trying to read on the 5160 or if you cannot even get the program to say connected w/a green phone icon.

The 5190 will work,however ring upload will depend on phone software version.

Phonedudes :) :grin: :)

Silva
30-08-2002, 03:02 PM
A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING ME ABOUT MY PROJECT OF THE CABLE M2BUS WITH JUST 2 TRANSISTORS. That I DECIDED to POST THE OUTLINE HERE IN TWO VERSIONS ALTHOUGH SOME PEOPLE have ALREADY COPIED IT AND PUBLISHED IN SOME SAME SITES WITHOUT MY EXPRESSED AUTHORIZATION AND WITH DRAWINGS DIFFERENT FROM THE ORIGINAL which was DONE IN WINDRAFT SOFTWARE.
WELL! BUT, WHAT INTERESTS it is THAT THIS OUTLINE can BE USEFUL TO THE LARGEST POSSIBLE NUMBER OF PEOPLE NOT IMPORTING THE FORM AS they BECAME AWARE OF HIM.
I AM NOT CLAIMING ANY RIGHT ON THE CIRCUIT. I CONSIDER IT OF PUBLIC DOMAIN BECAUSE I NEVER HAD INTEREST IN WINNING MONEY WITH OUTLINE.
IF SOMEBODY HAS DIFFICULTIES (THE ONE THAT I don't BELIEVE) IN EXECUTING THIS OUTLINE, I can SUPPLY THE CABLE BUT WITHOUT CONNECTORS.
GOOD LUCK THE WHOLE ones.
BEST REGARDS,
SILVA (PY9ELO).

ismael_mj23
30-08-2002, 06:29 PM
Check the following:

1- Com port settings in windows

2- Logomanager only support tdma in the 1.25 version and newer.

3- In logomanager options be sure that when you select mbus the last option on the screen is set to 25.

I can't really help you with the gsm but with the tdma I can give you a little bit of help, so don't quit.

Ismael

PaoloWireless
02-09-2002, 01:48 PM
is the cable suppost to put my phone in Headset profile? cus thats what my cable is doing, i think maybe some pins are shorted? can you help me find out which ones?

PaoloWireless
06-09-2002, 03:08 PM
never mind, cable is faulty.

ismael_mj23
06-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Why are you so sure that the problem is with the cable, Is it home made.?

If you need, I have the schematic of it.

Ismael

PaoloWireless
08-09-2002, 07:12 PM
because when i connect the cable, the phone goes into headset mode, its not suppost to, according to my friend

ismael_mj23
08-09-2002, 07:17 PM
Try building one with silva's project, its very easy.

Ismael