PDA

View Full Version : Just to clear a couple of things up..

jamo
23-08-2002, 06:52 AM
Hi all,

just to be clear in my mind, is the full data on a standard nokia, that can be accessed by the usual flasher/data cables..
1.the Eeprom, and
2.the MCU, and
3.the PMM, and
4.the PPM..?

would the last 3 be found in the address ranges of say a nok 3310, between 200 and 400? and the eeprom starting from something like 37d?

OK, so assuming I am correct, (big assumption!), i was using knok the other day, and made a full backup. However, I did not choose the fullflash option, rather I chose the Read all(MCU and PMM and PPM and Eeprom)

So if I want to rewrite the original data back to the phone(the backup data), would I write each part (MCU, PMM, PPM, and Eeprom) back to the phone using the correct start addresses? (as ascertained from the Read Phone Info log file? )

Thing is, I have tried this, and it still thinks it is a 4.24, rather than a 4.35 that it was previously. (Basically i flashed the wrong sw version to it, and am now trying to get it back to its original condition)

So I guess what I am asking, is
1. Is my assumption correct?
2. Can I write each part of the mcu, pmm etc back to the phone, using the correct addresses? Will this revert it back to original?
3. there is also, in the backup, a header file for the PPM, where does this go?
Thanks, and apologies to all on this board, who help out self learners like myself..

Jamo
Ps..if you follow English football, it looks like Spurs have captured the signing of Fernando Morientes!! - if your interested!

jamo
23-08-2002, 08:27 AM
One other thing..

Where is the best place to purchase the new NokiaClips from?

I see the board has banner ad for 120 euros, anywhere doing them cheaper?

J

liteFun
23-08-2002, 12:56 PM
order is 1. MCU, 2. PPM, 3. PMM, 4. EEPROM
but i don't understand what PMM is for.. or was PMM after EEPROM?