PDA

View Full Version : I fail to Understand

skanger
26-12-2003, 04:44 PM
I've read through quiet afew thread on this forum, and from what I've gathered there is no program to calculate DCT-3 unlock codes. Yet people seem to be able to unlock those phones, how? Also I keep seeing references to clips and cables. Is there free programs that once you by you can connect your phone via cable to your PC to unlock? If so where would one purchase said cable or program. I actually don't want to unlock my fine (nice phone company already did it) just looking for some clarity. o yea and whats a dogle

Yotamz
26-12-2003, 05:01 PM
there are two ways to unlock a dct3 phone:

direct unlocking with cable:
-buy a mbus or f/mbus cable (a.k.a data cable)
-download a free software like rolis nokia tool or knok95

remote unlocking by unlock codes:
-buy the siemens clip
-download a free program
-calc a code with the program, when the clip is connected to your computer.

by codes it is easier, of course, because you only need to enter a few numbers on the phone and unlock it, but the siemens clip costs way more than a cable. the software that calc the codes is free, but the clip contains the algorythm, so you cannot run the program without it.
the clip is for massive use, if you want to sell codes for example, the clip will be a good solution.

about dongles:
dongle is a small hardware device, that connects to the computer, usually in the lpt port (printer port). dongles are used to protect software, for example - the dct3 unlock codes calculator - you can copy the software, but it needs a dongle to work. in this case - the siemens clip function as a dongle.

skanger
26-12-2003, 09:09 PM
Ok thank you,