PDA

View Full Version : Nokiatool 1.8 problem

boonbooshy
01-01-2004, 01:01 AM
hello guys
my friend was trying to unlock his phone using NOKIATOOL 1.8
and everytime he plug in his phone the software says PORT BUSY or something similar to that
how do we solve this problem ?

thank you in advance

andre128
04-01-2004, 08:17 AM
check your computer the com port is set to com1, com2 or.....
before tou read the phone select the right com port

browntoa
04-01-2004, 09:42 AM
if you are using windows XP it won't work unless you use a program called "userport"

mohd.razhar
17-02-2004, 04:14 PM
where to get 'userport'? tell me,tell me,tell me! :-P :-P :lol: i need it coz i'm facing the same problem tooo!

JAC
19-02-2004, 03:25 AM
Technically you dont need userport, as you aint flashing a phone. All com ports have settings, check configuration in Device Manager, also check your bios at start up. Sometimes the bios is set to disable.
Another point is to use a serial data lead, not a USB lead. Comms are much different for USB as oppposed to COM 1.

Right click on My Computer Logo, go to Properties, click hardware, then select device manager. Goto COM ports and check settings from there.

Regards

JAC

www.jac-computers.co.uk

THE INSAAN
02-03-2004, 06:15 AM
it's probably set to the wrong com port, i reckon its set to com 3 which is the default for the modem, so please try com 1 or com 2, there is also an auto set-up option on that program

BOEBOE
02-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Yes, also, if you are using Windows XP, set compatibiilty mode to Windows 98

And latest version is 1.9(b001)

andre128
03-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Yes, also, if you are using Windows XP, set compatibiilty mode to Windows 98

And latest version is 1.9(b001)

you sure can do it? cos before this i use windows xp but can not use noktool and flasher 477 but after downgrade to windows me, all fine...

JAC
03-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Its true. Windows 98/SE was the most stable for flashing or unlocking with any of the mentioned software. What I found with XP is, the flashing side is really good without userport, as you can define LPT settings in bios.The problem I find with XP is the use of COM ports is a little hit and miss.

I use a laptop with Win 2000 pro for COM applications, with all my flashing done on XP machine.

If in any doubt, use 98/se for best results.

I know there are a few .ocx files you might need to use COM effectively on XP, but I cannot remember which ones!

Regards

JAC
www.jac-computers.co.uk

danwood76
03-03-2004, 09:01 PM
I have found one program that works perfectly
Its called allow I/O

g3ggo posted it originally
My flasher still doesn't run 100% but I can usually flash on the 3rd or 4th attempt

Mind you I don't really need this as I have both XP and 98SE on my machine ;)

regards,
Danny

JAC
03-03-2004, 10:56 PM
I used to use my desktop PC as a dual booting from 98SE and XP. The problem I found is, XP was preferred to surf with, thus any downloads were saved to NTFS, which 98 cannot decrypt. So I created a 10gb FAT partition primarily for saved/downloaded programs, which both could access. But 98 had to go, as we upgraded our server to Windows 2003. I now have a standalone PC running 98 too, but use the WIN2000 laptop as my internal network is WIFI, making it easier to transfer to my laptop.

I still prefer Win98 for everything, ahhh the good old days!

danwood76
04-03-2004, 01:08 PM
NTFS did my head in

When my windows boot files got currupted NTFS couldn't be seen by DOS or anything so I lost a lot of my work when XP wouldn't re-install

I ended up reformatting the hard disk to FAT32 as I now regard NTFS as useless

I use XP for surfing as I can't find modem drivers for 98 for my modem :sad:
Like I say I hate my dial-up!!

regards,
Danny

JAC
04-03-2004, 10:20 PM
As interesting as it is to speak computers, I think we have digressed from the original posting, maybe we should have a PC/Hardware/Software forum just for related problems.Its easy to get carried away!!

I think we may have answered his question/query though!

Regards
JAC