PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!! Help!!

dmills3
03-01-2004, 03:45 AM
Im am new to this side of the forum, i usually post inthe symbian 60. But i have been reading this forum for an hour or so,it is all so interesting.!! and i have a few questions?

what is it to flash a phone? and how?
why would you wanna change the imei? or need to?
can you have two sims with one #, like copy it so that 2 phones ring?
i have the sectone pro? what does it do? i have an NGAGE and 3650 if it matters!! thanks to anyone generous enough to help!! this is all very new to me!! Happy new year!!

bobski
03-01-2004, 04:08 AM
Im am new to this side of the forum, i usually post inthe symbian 60. But i have been reading this forum for an hour or so,it is all so interesting.!! and i have a few questions?

what is it to flash a phone? and how?
why would you wanna change the imei? or need to?
can you have two sims with one #, like copy it so that 2 phones ring?
i have the sectone pro? what does it do? i have an NGAGE and 3650 if it matters!! thanks to anyone generous enough to help!! this is all very new to me!! Happy new year!!

Correct me if i'm wrong,but;

1. Flashing a phone is basically replacing the software in the memory of the phone

2. You use a flash cable with end connector for your phone and some flasher software with flash file.

3. The only real reason to change IMEI, is to use a barred/blacklisted phone in the country that it has been barred in. (5 years in prison in U.K.)

4. If you clone a SIM, only 1 phone can be connected to the network at any 1 time.

5. dunno, ask someone else (search)

6. NGAGE and 3650 can't have modified flashes uploaded? and can't change the IMEI just repair ??????????????? IMEI due to "write once" memory

dmills3
03-01-2004, 06:06 AM
Thanks. Im Starting To Get A Better Inderstanding As I Go. I Think Ive Learned Alot In The Last Couple Of Hours!1 Thanks 4 Everything!

bobski
04-01-2004, 02:03 AM
No problem dude. I don't know whats going on half the time anyway :-o

This forum is about the only place to seek real wisdom!

Four_of_Five
16-09-2004, 08:49 PM
HA??? :-? Is there no way to flash or upgrade the firmware on an N-gage?? :o

Correct me if i'm wrong,but;

6. NGAGE and 3650 can't have modified flashes uploaded? and can't change the IMEI just repair ??????????????? IMEI due to "write once" memory

danwood76
17-09-2004, 10:56 AM
What he said was therte is no way to mdify the flash of a N-Gage or 3650 or any DCT4 for that matter

This is because the coding of DCT4s has not yet been cracked/decoded

But it is possible to upgrade/downgrade the firmware on these phones

regards,
Danny

Four_of_Five
17-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Sorry, but now I'm even more confused...:confused: Uhmmm...what would be the difference between "upgrading the firmware", "Flashing" and modifying the "Flash"???

My real question actually is: Is it possible to change, or more specifically...upgrade the firmware of a demo firmware of an N-Gage???

What he said was therte is no way to mdify the flash of a N-Gage or 3650 or any DCT4 for that matter

This is because the coding of DCT4s has not yet been cracked/decoded

But it is possible to upgrade/downgrade the firmware on these phones

regards,
Danny

mestrini
17-09-2004, 08:30 PM
If you mean change like modify firmware to suit your tastes then no you can't. Although some old DCT4 phones (6310, 8310) have same programming language as DCT3 (ARM/THUMB) as dan told, the code hasn't been cracked yet. Most recent DCT4 (series 40) are using also a new kind of coding and others like series 60 use a OS called symbian - just to know that although nokia allows to programm aplications for that OS, changing phone's features isn't possible.

Now, if you mean change like upgrade firmware to a new official version with improvements and bug fixes then the answer is yes because device manufacturers are reaching a point we're the boxes and its software are almost replicating nokia's original device features (phoenix)

Anyone feel free to correct me :)