PDA

View Full Version : For all Nokia Hardware problems and IC replacement issues

wfc
27-08-2002, 12:58 AM
Hi
sorry to everyone who hasnt got there questions answered yet, the other post was just getting to busy with many different problems under one header. But i am back from holidays now so as again anyone who needs hardware help with nokias and other stuff along the same lines, post your questions in the hardware section and i will try and answer them within 24-36H.
So if anyone hasnt had a reply from me and is looking for an answer to a hardware issue from a previous post just PM me and i will get on to it
So who wants help?
:)

glicos
28-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Hi! is there any method of removing sealed BGA IC on the phone?
I heard some have succesfully remove those types, but can you give us a sort of standard procedure, any chemical used to remove the seal etc. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon..

wfc
29-08-2002, 06:39 AM
i know that there is a solvent you can get on the market but i have never been able to track it down. once it is off though it is standard procedure to replace the component

markchee
04-09-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by wfc
i know that there is a solvent you can get on the market but i have never been able to track it down. once it is off though it is standard procedure to replace the component

Hi,wfc

Can we use the hot brade(kind of soldler likes with heat transmit to the brade)to cut across the border?

best Regards
markchee
;) :rolleyes: :cool:

wfc
04-09-2002, 12:08 PM
do you mean by melting the stuff away? if so, i dont believe you can as it would damage the ic

bernardo
04-09-2002, 09:04 PM
hi wfc how can i repair a broken 3310?the buzzer is not working.the cause is broken line,do you now where goes the conection from buzzer?
thanks..

[email protected]

wfc
05-09-2002, 12:29 AM
off the top of my head i cant remember, but i would just look at the schematic in the service manual. download it and you should be able to find a place to wire the buzzer up to

shybo19
08-09-2002, 05:48 AM
when i desolder the nokia light bulbs sometimes the contacts falls off. How do i avoid this? It is really hard to take the light bulbs out because they have solder on both sides; so when i push one side the other is breaking off. So how do i avoid losing the contacts because once they are off then you have to jump the wires and i hate that

wfc
08-09-2002, 01:27 PM
this is some thing that will come with practice.
i suggest you use some special heated tweezers, they are like a soldering iron but it has 2 tips like tweezers. or a heat gun to remove the leds. but if you are going to use a soldering iron get one with a .4mm tip and use a pin to leaver up the side you are working on. whenever i have trained someone to remove leds i give the golden rule that i go by. if you need to use force you are doing it wrong.

shybo19
10-09-2002, 04:52 AM
is there a trick to removing the solders of the light bulb so i dont break the contacts. should i remove the solder or jus push the light bulb one side at a time.

glicos
11-09-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by shybo19
is there a trick to removing the solders of the light bulb so i dont break the contacts. should i remove the solder or jus push the light bulb one side at a time.

Some people can remove bulb without damaging the pcb contacts with ease. it only takes a little practice to do the trick.

Some use (including me) a pre-heater equipment to simplify removing not only bulb, but the smd/uBGA IC as well, w/o damaging the PCB contacts. This equipment is used to pre-heat the PCB before the actual desoldering. I think this is the proper way of removing SMD or uBGA's.:cool:

Kid
16-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Use to solderer to do it, it's easy.

alf
18-09-2002, 02:38 PM
HI Guys!

W/ regards to removing IC seals, although I have not actually tried it yet, the solvent you may be referring to is a common household/ bathroom drain pipe declogger...eg. DRAINO, liquid sosa. Be careful though, not to scald your unprotected hands!

W/ the issue about removing LEDS, nothing else works for me better than a heat gun, for the simple reason that you could actually lift the said part" evenly & swiftly" (be sure to adjust the optimum heat level), thus avoiding plate damage w/c definitely is any technician's nightmare!

Best regards,
alf

NAS
18-09-2002, 11:06 PM
the best way of removing the leds is to get a needel or somthing and from the front of the bord u can see the sqare lens of the led break it . it will break as a cube and the rest is still solderd on the bord now get a razor and from the rear of the bord the ics side center the razor on the middel of the led and press down it will split into 2 parts u just have to wipe them with a soldering iron but watch out for the surrounding parts 100% the best way trust me

freak
22-09-2002, 03:01 PM
removing bulbs.. try using hot air the one your using to remove an ic or use 2 soldering iron with those tiny needle like tips..:D

victorjavier
06-10-2002, 11:40 AM
I would just like to ask if I can replace a cobba from 3330 to 3310 coz 3310 cobba is parrellel failed..???

wfc
06-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Yes it is the same IC

KnokKnok
06-10-2002, 04:03 PM
What IC should I remove in 7110? When I flash the phone it works, but after using a day (or while the battery is draining) it returns to contact service. Is it the EEPROM?

Kilrah
08-10-2002, 12:52 PM
@wfc:

off the top of my head i cant remember, but i would just look at the schematic in the service manual. download it and you should be able to find a place to wire the buzzer up to

Where can I download these schematics???

please answer!!

Thanks!!
Kilrah

gorandj
08-10-2002, 01:39 PM
bernardo

buzzer is connected with pin6 on nmp70433 (light&key controller) so you need 2-3mm long wire and thats all

lee1225
20-10-2002, 10:33 PM
Hi ya bernardo,

A common fault on 33XX is for the buzzer to stop working. This can be down to a number of different things. the most common is a break in the track or water damaged tracks.

To fix this take a hair wire and solder it to the 6 pin of the N400 (chip on the right hand side of the mother board below the bottem RF case, see link below look for number 16 point) Now solder the other end of the wire to Neg of the buzzer pad.

33XX layout (http://www.inside-gsm.com/Nokia/Nokia_3310/Inside_Nokia_3310/Component_side_description_Nok/component_side_description_nok.html)

If you are un-experienced with soldering equipment please seek advice from a trained Engineer, as to much heat can damage sensitive components.

I have used this fix on 4 or 5 33XX this works 100% every time.

Good luck mate

Lee1225
;)

markchee
23-10-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by lee1225
Hi ya bernardo,

A common fault on 33XX is for the buzzer to stop working. This can be down to a number of different things. the most common is a break in the track or water damaged tracks.

To fix this take a hair wire and solder it to the 6 pin of the N400 (chip on the right hand side of the mother board below the bottem RF case, see link below look for number 16 point) Now solder the other end of the wire to Neg of the buzzer pad.

33XX layout (http://www.inside-gsm.com/Nokia/Nokia_3310/Inside_Nokia_3310/Component_side_description_Nok/component_side_description_nok.html)

If you are un-experienced with soldering equipment please seek advice from a trained Engineer, as to much heat can damage sensitive components.

I have used this fix on 4 or 5 33XX this works 100% every time.

Good luck mate

Lee1225
;)

lee1225,are right,it will works.Dont solder the wrong pin.

sincerely mark

Joker_hk
29-10-2002, 02:28 PM
I would like to use a phone's lcd in some projects of mine...
could someone please post any info about this (datasheets, pinouts...)

Any lcd will do (like 3210, 3310, 8210, etc...)

thanx in advance

dannyogolo
18-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Hello,
Pls can you tell me what to do, this phone when I put a sim and switch it on, it searches for signal and after sometime, it trips off.
I tried to reflow the PA with hot air, and after that it seems ok, only to trip off again, but this time it lasts for about 15 mins.
What do I do?

dannyogolo

thiana
18-07-2003, 07:05 PM
hi guys, i got a 3310 with no network. Flash doesnt work, so its hardware. any tips on what ci is to be changed?
Thank you.

Trion
18-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Hi thiana,

It could be a problem with the RF power amplifier or Antenna switch. Try reflowing them with an SMD rework station. BE careful though as too much heat could damage parts.

Trion

weirdow_79
18-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by glicos
Hi! is there any method of removing sealed BGA IC on the phone?
I heard some have succesfully remove those types, but can you give us a sort of standard procedure, any chemical used to remove the seal etc. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon..

You can replace BGA using hot air equipment..it's easy to use..its cost about RM 500...but you need skill to do rework on BGA..coz removing the BGS is a simple thing...but when ccome to putting in bac a new replacement is pretty though situation...but if never tyr u will never get skill on BGA rework..all the best glicos

thiana
18-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks trion. i'll try it smothly with my heat gun, and i'll let u know the results

icecoldbaby.
10-08-2005, 05:51 PM
removing LED from a phone is a walk in the park, its dead easy.

Use a normal pin and place it under the led (so the pin is like pushing the led out).

then just keep heating each side of the led and push gentley on the board and the led will pop out.

simple