PDA

View Full Version : MobiMB v1.2.7 and Nokia 3530

woody_386
07-01-2004, 01:54 PM
to start off....

i have a nokia 3530 v3.40 and the MobiMB v1.2.7 works well with it.... i mean, i can transfer my polytones, jpeg/gif, and games/applications from pc to mobile and mobile to pc.

the problem came when i used my friend's phone, a nokia 3530 v3.52

at first, i was able to install 2 games then an error reading "Error 255" appears upon the next attempts i made to copy games/apps, tones, jpeg/gif files. the error was quite persistent but i reckon that it was just a glitch at the rx side of the phone. so i tried to delete one of the games i installed and tried to re-install it. success.... i was able to re-install it and, in addition, i was able to copy one mid sequence to the Tones folder. but, after this, i kept on receiveing the same alert "Error 255" or sometimes "Error writing 'filename': Error 255"

can anyone shed light on this issue.... i really find it intriguing since succeeding attempts to install/add files to the new phone from the pc results to the same message "Error 255"

i am 100% sure that the cable is working fine since i was able to install games to my own phone, the nokia 3530 v3.40 phone.

could i have possibly corrupted the software of the new phone, since a 255 would be a string of 11111111

but, had i corrupted the software, how could i have been able to re-install one game and add a polytone?

i thank, in advance, all those who would share their wisdom....