PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Ringtones to Nokia 5125, 8260, 6120i via M/Fbus Cable

nicknitro
27-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Hi, first i like to know why haven`t answered my last thread ?.
So, that not the question, i want to know if there is a software that can download ringtones to nokia 5125, 8260, 6120i. I have tried with logomanager and Mbus in those phones and anything happened, the only one TDMA capable is 3320 ( I think it`s for the ringtone format, RTTTL), so which software can i use? or what do you recomend ?

Thanx for helping

phonedudes
27-08-2002, 10:51 PM
None of those phones support that capability. They either need to be sent via SMS or part of the Flash file and unless you have Wintesla w/dongle you wont be doing much reflashing of the MCU etc...and still receive signal.

3320, 3360 supposedly support that w/pc Suite but it took Nokia soooo long to come out with the new flash version we gave up even trying it since the IR communication NEVER seems to work correct with those model phones and the software.

Dont recall 6120i having ring tone receive capability ... Just 5125,5165 8260 ... newer phones..etc.

Phonedudes
:) :grin: :)

phonedudes
27-08-2002, 10:52 PM
None of those phones support that capability. They either need to be sent via SMS or part of the Flash file and unless you have Wintesla w/dongle you wont be doing much reflashing of the MCU etc...and still receive signal.

3320, 3360 supposedly support that w/pc Suite but it took Nokia soooo long to come out with the new flash version we gave up even trying it since the IR communication NEVER seems to work correct with those model phones and the software.

Dont recall 6120i having ring tone receive capability ... Just 5125,5165 8260 ... newer phones..etc.

Phonedudes
:) :grin: :)

P.S. Logomanager is ONLY good for STARTUP and group graphics on TDMA, thats ALL.

nicknitro
28-08-2002, 12:31 AM
Hey phonedudes thanx for that, but i`m really confused about the flashing method, so i`d like you to tell me more about it, i really want to try that and updating my phone`s software too.

If you know something about it tell me ..........tahnx

phonedudes
28-08-2002, 05:02 AM
Currently there really isnt to much to tell you about flashing of the TDMA phones w/o having ORIGINAL Wintesla w/dongle, simply because that is the ONLY way it will WORK if upgrading.

You can read and write your flash but not UPDATE it to newer versions w/o the OEM Nok Hardware. As the phone will not find network because of the Protection (FlashAuthorityIDentifier) not being able to be calculated for the TDMA phones as of yet.

We are working on figuring the similar items needing to be corrected as has been figured out w/the GSM phones to do so but currently for upgrades we use those tools.

Phonedudes :) :grin: )

nicknitro
28-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Hey Phone dudes, really thanx for the information. INow i can understand this flashing stuff, so " The only way " is having the original dongles files and the Nokiaīs OEM Hardware. ok Iīll try to find some of this , if i can , and iīll make some experiments,

Thanx .........& if u have another information please tell me ok

PaoloWireless
29-08-2002, 01:54 AM
I know how to edit ringtones on a nokia 5165/8260 series phones. I used wintesla, with a valid dongle. It worked, I transfered all my ringtones onto my friends phone, and vice versa.
Thing is, I do not work for nokia anymore, and do not have access to do this.

ismael_mj23
29-08-2002, 06:09 PM
Transfering is not a problem, the problem is how to get them into the phone, without using sms.

Ismael

nicknitro
29-08-2002, 08:11 PM
Ok Ismael, First of all tell me how to transfer the data into the phone, I know that over SMS Systems i can transfer ringtones but via cable its my question......thanx

ismael_mj23
30-08-2002, 06:09 PM
In wintesla the user data transfer option.

Ismael

phonedudes
31-08-2002, 02:16 PM
Wintesla will only transfer ring tones on certain flash versions.

Older flashes did not have the ring tones stored the same way, so that option may or may not be available through Wintesla.

For example v6.09, 6.12,6.15 of the 8260 cannot xfer rings through Wintesla not sure about v6.17 but 6.20 and 6.22 will.
The user data option will xfer various contents all depending on the phone type and flash version.

Phonedudes

nicknitro
31-08-2002, 07:38 PM
Ok got it, i have found a brasilian page

http://www.christianonline.hpg.ig.com.br/ringmenu.htm

it has some ringtones in Binary format (//SCKL xxxxxxxxx......), this kind of ringtone itīs sended to TDMA Phones only over SMS so, i need to use any Free SMS Sender, i think everything itīs fine, thanx for al the help.....Nitro:)