PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem unlocking Motorola t720g

Jacklefataliste
10-01-2004, 04:59 AM
Hey guys,

I recently purcased a Motorola t720g that was subsidy locked to Rogers At&t (I put a foreign sim = asks me for subsidy code). Yet, that is not the problem, the problem is that i've already payed two guys (one person on ebay other at gsmphonesource) to remotely unlock my phone. Unfortunately, they both told me that the phone is not in their database. Now how can that be? I know I didn't make a mistake in my imei number, how can the phone not be in the motorola database? I've already lost enough money on this, and I'm wondering if somebody can tell me what's wrong. My imei doesn't start with the infamous 0101 but its a 0102, how come the phone is not there? And what can I do now?

Any help is appreciated

-Jack

marky752000
10-01-2004, 09:37 PM
where are you taking the IMEI number from??

Under that battery or are you typing *#06# into the phone

Best Regards

Mark

Jacklefataliste
19-01-2004, 07:08 AM
I tried taking it from both, and its the same number, both don't work

busybabybug
19-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Sometimes unlock codes cant be found for some Motorolas, however, you can still unlock it by unlocking clip or software.

Jacklefataliste
19-01-2004, 08:24 AM
I'm just looking for the cheapest way of doing it. What would you guys recommend? Would a data cable and the appropriate software be enough?

-Jack

Sometimes unlock codes cant be found for some Motorolas, however, you can still unlock it by unlocking clip or software.

busybabybug
20-01-2004, 07:14 AM
I'm just looking for the cheapest way of doing it. What would you guys recommend? Would a data cable and the appropriate software be enough?

-Jack

Well, I am not aware of any free software out there that you can download and unlock T720. VictorGSM would work for sure, but it is very expensive. Try to find a local person to unlock it for you. Where are you located?

Jacklefataliste
20-01-2004, 07:23 AM
Montreal, Canada

rob4ik
20-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi!I'm a Rob from www.magicgsm.com I can unlock your phone for as low as 30$ CAD.Please call me at (416)825-8629
I can unlock ANY phone 8-)

Well, I am not aware of any free software out there that you can download and unlock T720. VictorGSM would work for sure, but it is very expensive. Try to find a local person to unlock it for you. Where are you located?

Jacklefataliste
20-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Well problem solved, a guy on another forum was nice enough to attempt to unlock my phone for free, and it worked. I honestly don't know why gsmphonesource didn't have the code. Anyways, thanks for everything guys.

-Jack

5abi
17-02-2004, 03:31 AM
yo jack which forum are u talking about?

i'm goin thru the exact same problem as u, this is soo gay