PDA

View Full Version : Flash file that enables using noktool read/write options? where to find?

XARiUS
28-08-2002, 02:22 AM
I'm pretti sure that all of you tried to read MCU ram, EEPROM, from noktool 1.7 by Rolis, and almoust all get a lot of errors!

If whe go to help Rolis sais this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q.Why reading/writing ram/eeprom always causes errors?
A.This is because in new NMP phones this possibility are disabled.It are
enabled on development state,when NMP makes sw testings ,but excluded
in finally sw version,because these routines aren't removed from firmware.
This feature worked on old phones(for NSE1 - until v522 sw version).
On all NMP phones,including old,security eeprom loacation 0000..ADR1
(or in MAD map 0xA00000 ... 0xA00000+ADR1) reading /writing are disabled.
(ADR1 depends on phone type ).

Q.Why needs such functions,if it not possible with "normal" NMP phones.
A.This feature may be easally enabled by flash partial patch.This is usefull for
nokia "reversers" for RAM structure analysis and other things making.
ex.:like all 4 locks unlocking on eeprom FLASH-EMU version phones (33xx,...)
For ordinary user it aren't interesting.Simple,don't use it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was already able to read my 5110 eeprom, but unable to write it (well, at least i think it was my eeprom)!
Where can i find a patched flash file (not a version < 5.22) that enables me to read and write from my 5110?

btw, i CANNOT flash eeprom, becausa eeprom on 5110 its not emulated at the end of flash like in newer models like 3310 3330 etc...

Shidoshi
30-08-2002, 12:20 AM
Hmm...

Personally I think this is garbage, I've fully backed up and Re-Flashed 5110 numerous times before and have always been able to sucessfully repair/unlock/update all the 5110 that were handed to me...

So may I ask where you got this information from?

All I can say, due to my experience with 5110 is that you have a problwm with your phone (exactly the same as I have with a 3310 I have sitting here for 4 months) ans since you read what you've posted here, you won't beleive what anyone else tells you, or maybe you have confused 5110 with another model, but still, this is the first I've heard about non-flashable phones.

Maybe you just need to use another program other then Rolis (Rolis works fine for me though) or try flashing the phone on a different computer.

Regards,
-Dave

XARiUS
30-08-2002, 02:28 AM
Ola shidoshi! De onde és? Q fazes?

I got these information from Rolis NokTool 1.8 (its used to update FAID, change IMEI, etc.) not Rolis Flasher! I think rolis knows what it's saying, it MADE the program, so he must know something about how nokia works! I'm not saying you cannot flash 5110, ofcourse you can! What i'm saying is that you CANNOT flash EEPROM! if you look onto a 5110 flash file, you will see that EEPROM section is missing! It's on a separate chip! Open a 5110, and see for yourself! It's near the flash chip! For mine 5110 it's an ATMEL!

Shidoshi
30-08-2002, 06:23 PM
Hmm...

I'm from Margem Sul (Almada) and I work at AutoEuropa.
And yourself?

Funny how I made a fool of myself :oops:

I just remembered that I've asked about that before, hehehehe.
I've got a limited... brain thing...' memory'! :lol:

There are at least 5 old models that I know of with a seperate chip, so EEPROM+PMM only if you desolder the I2C i think :)

Sorry for the mess up, won't happen again :D

Regards,
-Dave

Shidoshi
30-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Hmm...

However if you want a Virgin 5110 EEPROM file, there are plenty around there (5110 EEPROM - 2Kb)

Once again sorry for going againts your word.

Regards,
-Dave

XARiUS
02-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Yes there are! And you can read/write to the eeprom, but just not with a flasher cable. Read this topic.
http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5375

U can download / upload eeprom from 5110 series phones using ponyprogrammer, or a mod. flash file! or an older version < 5.22! i think.

Don't you think that 2k its a little small for a normal eeprom dump? 3310 dumps are at least 64k (including pmm)!

XARiUS
02-09-2002, 04:00 PM
Link is this!
http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5375

domsat
19-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Shidoshi
Hmm...

Personally I think this is garbage, I've fully backed up and Re-Flashed 5110 numerous times before and have always been able to sucessfully repair/unlock/update all the 5110 that were handed to me...

So may I ask where you got this information from?

All I can say, due to my experience with 5110 is that you have a problwm with your phone (exactly the same as I have with a 3310 I have sitting here for 4 months) ans since you read what you've posted here, you won't beleive what anyone else tells you, or maybe you have confused 5110 with another model, but still, this is the first I've heard about non-flashable phones.

Maybe you just need to use another program other then Rolis (Rolis works fine for me though) or try flashing the phone on a different computer.

Regards,
-Dave

Dave;
i guess i am the one who needs your help about my 5110-I CANNOT FLASH it!!! this has v05.11 SW and made Feb '99. i used rolis 4.77, selected 5110 (NSE-1) but error message says "select right phone" or something, and check connection.
can you give me a step-by-step procedure, including all the set-up, in flashing 5110?
thanks for your time.

-domsat-