PDA

View Full Version : No Access to Vodafone despite unlocking OK?

Pavel
16-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi, I hope someone can help with this..

I have a Nokia 6100 which came from Orange and last week I successfully unlocked it using the instructions on this site (it came up with the restriction removed message (can't remember exact words).

Today I tried a Vodafone sim in the phone and for a couple of seconds it worked and then it lost connection. I then tried to manually select Vodafone and it comes back with a 'no access' message.

The sim is from an old 5110 and it seems to connect (in the 6100) during the same period when the sim is 'not ready' if I try and access the phone numbers stored on it.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Ultragreen
18-01-2004, 05:11 AM
Hi, I hope someone can help with this..

I have a Nokia 6100 which came from Orange and last week I successfully unlocked it using the instructions on this site (it came up with the restriction removed message (can't remember exact words).

Today I tried a Vodafone sim in the phone and for a couple of seconds it worked and then it lost connection. I then tried to manually select Vodafone and it comes back with a 'no access' message.

The sim is from an old 5110 and it seems to connect (in the 6100) during the same period when the sim is 'not ready' if I try and access the phone numbers stored on it.

Does anybody have any ideas?
sim not activ

Pavel
19-01-2004, 04:26 PM
sim not activ

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The sim from the 5110 works in the 5110 and in a 6310 that I have that is also on Vodafone. It just doesn't work in the Orange-supplied 6100 that I unlocked last week.

Any ideas?

maddog
19-01-2004, 05:06 PM
A long shot but it isnt a 5v sim is it, might need a newer one for 6100?

Pavel
19-01-2004, 05:10 PM
A long shot but it isnt a 5v sim is it, might need a newer one for 6100?

How would I tell if it's a V5 sim?

Also, I have a Vodafone 6310 which is just under a year old and I have just tried the SIM from that and it does exactly the same.

maddog
19-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Mmmmm strange...... i would find a mate who has a newish voda sim and borrow that to try although im not to sure that is the problem as you say the 6310i sim does the same and im sure they do only work on 3v. Perhaps some other will have more idea's for you........

typiod
20-01-2004, 01:34 AM
did you unlock the phone with the #1 code or 7# code?
if you used the #1 code enter the #7 code.