PDA

View Full Version : sharp gx20 mms problem on o2??

djmoomin
16-01-2004, 03:08 PM
dunno if anyone can help when i send mms from o2 it sends fine, when u recieve on o2 pic is not full screen only thumbnail.. phoned o2 and they say there network is fully open to recieve and send data.

can anyone shed some light on this thanks........

dajoebomb
26-01-2004, 08:11 PM
get your setting sent to you off the o2 web site

thechomp
06-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi does anyone know how to use GX20 on O2, the phone i have got is unlocked, I can use O2 ACtive Wap but cannot send or recieve MMS pictures, server problem. Where can I get the settings from.

dajoebomb
06-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi does anyone know how to use GX20 on O2, the phone i have got is unlocked, I can use O2 ACtive Wap but cannot send or recieve MMS pictures, server problem. Where can I get the settings from.

Yeah there on the O2 web site, you will have to look at the settings for a different phone becuase sharp doesnt support OTA(over the air) settings. If they have the gx10 settings use them else try a nokia 7210 and 6600 to find the settings out.

dajoebomb
06-03-2004, 01:52 PM
dunno if anyone can help when i send mms from o2 it sends fine, when u recieve on o2 pic is not full screen only thumbnail.. phoned o2 and they say there network is fully open to recieve and send data.

Its because the resolution from the phone that sent you the picture doesnt match the resolution of your phone. So your phone use say a nokia resolution 128x128 pixels, your phone will display the same resoltuion.

thechomp
06-03-2004, 02:17 PM

Hi could you let me know how to get the MMS settings for O2, cos I cant send any MMS pictures, and it seems you can !!

Thanks

sibbs
18-04-2004, 03:41 AM
i would like a solution to this also ,it has nothing to do with the screen phone sizing or anything , my gf and myself both have gx20's and are on o2 when we send pics to each other they still are thumbnial size.

jensenh1
18-04-2004, 03:16 PM
i would like a solution to this also ,it has nothing to do with the screen phone sizing or anything , my gf and myself both have gx20's and are on o2 when we send pics to each other they still are thumbnial size.
Have you tried adjusting the picture size to the largest or larger than it is presently set and then sending a picture?There does not apear to be a problem with you o2 settings but if you need them let me know and i can post them

sibbs
20-04-2004, 01:36 AM
well i believe i have all the correct settings from o2 , they mailed me them and i also checked them with thier tech support by phone and they all seem correct , ive tried adjusting every setting , i have been thru various forums and alot of people of payandgo 02 are getting the exact same problem , but noone has ever posted an answer .

jensenh1
20-04-2004, 11:44 PM
well i believe i have all the correct settings from o2 , they mailed me them and i also checked them with thier tech support by phone and they all seem correct , ive tried adjusting every setting , i have been thru various forums and alot of people of payandgo 02 are getting the exact same problem , but noone has ever posted an answer .
funny you should say that.... I received a thumbnail pic from my mate thats on vodafone and im on pay and go o2 so maybe its a problem with vodafone because all the pics that i send are fine from my gx30 o2 pay and go

Rosso81
27-04-2004, 06:05 PM
I can tell you it is most definately a problem with o2 as I had a GX20 for ages on Orange and never had a problem with any picture message from any network.

Then my girlfriend bought the phone off my - she is on o2 payg and all the ones sge gets are small but the ones she sends are fine

What the hell is the problem with it?