PDA

View Full Version : Strangest 6210...

NokiaFX
29-08-2002, 12:55 PM
Hello,
I was wondering if someone might be able to give me a bit of advice, ive been having a few problems with a 6210 for a while now...

The problem started when a Genie or Vodafone sim where used in the phone (1800) the reception was really low compared to another 6210 using the same sim...
On Orange which works at another frequency the reception was ok usually full
The phone hadnt been flashed and didnt have 6250 software...

Anyway the board was cleaned the cobba was reflowed, the phone started working, it got full signal on Genie however it went off after 10 seconds this was the same on Vodafone and all other networks...

The phone was then switched off and left over night... im not too sure whats wrong because nothing else was done to the phone but it just doesnt switch on now :( im not too sure whats wrong with it because ive completely run out of ideas and nothing else happened to the phone it was just left over night... and now wont turn on at all
It was probably little elves :rolleyes:

I would really appreciate any help anyone could provide

Thank You

downunder
30-08-2002, 12:24 AM
you will probabably find that the power Amp is faulty, and has internal short that has drained the battery so low that the phone can start charging. use and external power supply (4.2v@1a)for a minute to "jump start your battery" to enable charging to start.

careful when replacing Pa as to much heat in area will also cause problems in the Antenna Switch, which may also need replacing as well, general goes if the pa goes. you will have retune phone
after pa replaced.

wfc
30-08-2002, 06:57 AM
check out the signal problem thread and read the zip file posted in there. it outlines how to fix the 6210
:)

NokiaFX
30-08-2002, 11:27 AM
The problem is, the phone just wont come on now, the board and everything i can test seems fine... it really was just left overnight the battery wasnt actually connected, i have tried with another fully charged battery as well from another 6210 and have tried that ones battery on my 6210 too, just not too sure whats happened to it

wfc
31-08-2002, 06:38 AM
try replacing the cobba it may be faulty:)

NokiaFX
31-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Will try that as soon as i manage to get a tin ball planting kit

wanarace
08-09-2002, 03:44 AM
Power the phone up from a ext power supply, Does it pull any current? What about when you try and turn it on? you should see the phone try and boot up on your current meter, Your power supply will need to display current. If as soon as you connect the phone to the supply, Without even turning it on and it limit's out the supply then most likely it is the PA. If it is, The PA should get warm. Remove the PA or the inductor between the PA and the BATT and it should then boot up. If it is not the PA then you could try and reflow the CCONT. The COBBA will not cause the phone not to boot unless there is a short undeer the COBBA after you tried to reflow it. Infact you can still power up the phone the the COBBA missing.