PDA

View Full Version : 3510i - No Signal

nokstick
18-01-2004, 03:20 AM
I have been trying to unlock the phone with all kinds of software and now when i put a sim card it it doesnt say "SIM Card Registration Failed" but there is no signal what so ever?

Have I managed to unlock the phone? Does it now have a new problem? Have can I sort it out?

nokstick

Yotamz
18-01-2004, 04:30 PM
"sim card registeration failure" and no signal = the phone's imei is barred.

in dct4 models like nokia 3510i the imei cannot be changed with software, which means that it was barred before you have unlocked it.

if it is your phone you can get help from your service provider, but you may have to pay since you have used software to change its settings, and it might void the warranty.
if it is not your phone (= you are not the registered owner according to the service provider) - you may only sell it to someone from another country, where it will not be barred.

nokstick
18-01-2004, 06:34 PM
"sim card registeration failure" and no signal = the phone's imei is barred.

in dct4 models like nokia 3510i the imei cannot be changed with software, which means that it was barred before you have unlocked it.

if it is your phone you can get help from your service provider, but you may have to pay since you have used software to change its settings, and it might void the warranty.
if it is not your phone (= you are not the registered owner according to the service provider) - you may only sell it to someone from another country, where it will not be barred.

Well it seems that the phone will still work on Vodaphone but not on O2. It seems very odd. I don't have any more codes i can put in (used the Max. of five) but is there a program that WILL unlock the phone (got an F-Bus / M-Bus switching serial cable) if there isn't a program that will unlock it, is there a program that will reset the EEPROM so i can try more codes?

cheers
nokstick

Salami1_1
18-01-2004, 06:58 PM
such programs exist..
but you will need dongle and not just a f/mbus cable..

WBR

nokstick
18-01-2004, 07:08 PM
such programs exist..
but you will need dongle and not just a f/mbus cable..

WBR

but dongles are just a way to ensure people buy software and dont copy it, someone must have made software (working) that doesn't require a dongle!

James Watt
08-02-2004, 01:33 PM
I have been trying to unlock the phone with all kinds of software and now when i put a sim card it it doesnt say "SIM Card Registration Failed" but there is no signal what so ever?

Have I managed to unlock the phone? Does it now have a new problem? Have can I sort it out?

nokstick

I had a similar problem with my 3510i.

Shortly after unlocking it I purchased a Twin SIM Back so I could use the original O2 SIM Card, and the new Vodafone one. I had regular failures with registration, insert SIM Card messages, and alternating between network connection and "Insert SIM Card". The signal disappears.

I found if I used my wife's older style O2 SIM Card in it, it worked fine. There is a physical difference in the shape of the contacts of the newer O2 SIM Card.
I suspect the flexible cable from the SIM Card Holders to the connector that fits in place of the phones SIM Card holder is picking up RF and affecting the SIM Cards. If I insert them directly into the phone there is no problem.

Now I just use the Twin SIM Card back to store the other SIM Cards.

Sometimes when using WAP, the phone disconnects and tells me " Warning, Phone is restricted" "Enter Restriction Code" When that happens I just turn off the phone, wait 5 seconds or so then turn it back on again.

BTW, I have not registered the phone (PAYG) or SIM Cards to myself, despite the fact I paid for them and have the proof of purchase. Why should I?

Regards from James Watt