PDA

View Full Version : Ringtones explained...

slikmik
29-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Hiya all,

Ok ive heard through threads various chit chat regarding ringtones

*rttl
*re
*txt

etc etc...

Anyone explain the different types please?
Wasnt too bothered about adding extra tunes as hurdy gurdy is enough for me ;)
But hey it'd be fun...

Another idea
Lots of people have created tones - could we maybe christen a NokiaFree Tone?? Competition for best one?? just an idea

Could people post (ZIP files of dozens of various tones for download) - it'd be great for us all

Mike :)

Shidoshi
29-08-2002, 11:28 PM
Hmm...

I paid 35e for a CD with 7000 Logos and 500 Ringtones... when I got it I was pleased, but I wanted more... 8 hours later I had about 30,000 Logos and 2000 Ringtones :)

It isn't a hard thing to find, especially if you follow the links in the forums, however I just used yahoo.com, and since I have a lot of patience I just sifted through all the fake 'FREE Logos & Ringtones' until i really got FREE LOGOS & RINGTONES :)

Regards,
-Dave

Shidoshi
29-08-2002, 11:29 PM
Ohh...

I could post some links, but there are so many, as it is very easy to find :)

-Dave

slikmik
30-08-2002, 11:17 AM
I WASNT asking for links to tones exactly - i know there are thousands of sites around where i can get them

Im asking can someone Explain the different types of tone format and why theyre used.... ??????

Mike

Shidoshi
30-08-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by slikmik
Hiya all,

Ok ive heard through threads various chit chat regarding ringtones

*rttl
*re
*txt

etc etc...

Anyone explain the different types please?
Wasnt too bothered about adding extra tunes as hurdy gurdy is enough for me ;)
But hey it'd be fun...

Another idea
Lots of people have created tones - could we maybe christen a NokiaFree Tone?? Competition for best one?? just an idea

Could people post (ZIP files of dozens of various tones for download) - it'd be great for us all

Mike :)

Hmm...

Sorry about that, it's just that the last part I thought you were too lazy go go find ringtones yourself so you just wanted people to zip up and post dozens of various tones for download...

If you didn't want people posting ZIP files of dozens of various tones for download then I a pologise, please forgive me.

:lol:

Regards,
-Dave

MicrostarGSM
31-08-2002, 01:07 PM
are ringtone from .RE and windpp .ton file convert to rttx so that we can use flashtone to change ringtone..

how to make the normal ringtone to sound effect tone?????