PDA

View Full Version : Please help... What software to unlock 8390 browser ??

mwep
22-01-2004, 07:52 AM
What software do I use to unlock or flash a 8390 so I can change browser settings ?? Is there a software which is used to flash a 8390 ?? If so, where do I obtain it and the firmware as well as a cable to perform the flashing ??

Thanks in advance!!

qber1
23-02-2004, 06:26 AM
anyone have anything?

Jo-Anne
25-02-2004, 01:23 AM
What software do I use to unlock or flash a 8390 so I can change browser settings ?? Is there a software which is used to flash a 8390 ?? If so, where do I obtain it and the firmware as well as a cable to perform the flashing ??

Thanks in advance!!

Hi
I found some very useful unlocking downloads at www.unlockme.co.uk/unlock. They are free and they work. You will need the appropriate 8310/8390 Fbus/Mbus cables. I have never used the flashing software/downloads but the site is very detailed and the tutorials are very easy to understand and follow.

I used the DCT4 Test Mode to put my 8390 in test mode and then used the JIC DCT4 Unlocker to unlock it . If you have Mbus cable you can go straight to the JIC software to unlock your phone . If you are using a F/Mbus cable you first have to use the TEST MODE software to put the phone in test mode first and then while it is in test mode , open the JIC software.You must use Windows 98.

Hope this helps . .